Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

That was Sunderland but the point is valid nonetheless. City have handed out plenty of big thrashings at the Etihad over the last few years also.

The point about their league games being easier is stupid because its not because the opposition is stronger here or weaker there, its because they are better to start off with. If our top teams were as good as Barca or Bayern then they too would dispatching the bottom 8 teams at walking pace. When these teams are playing our top teams they play presumably at full throttle and beat them 9 times out of 10.

Rubbish. I am absolutely certain that you could add any three of Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG into our league in place of the relegated, and an English team would win the league. They would beat the big sides with a decent run up, but they aren't geared up to big games week after week. They fly in Europe because they're a cup team, like Spurs of old or Liverpool under Benitez. They're financially Man Utd vs Doncaster for most of their league games, and can go easy and win, like most big sides in the early FA Cup. It's nonsense to pretend otherwise.

I'll take that now please and will take it if we win our next two and they lose to Man Utd.

I just want to get over the line and I couldn't care how it happens. I'll be in a pub in Leicester somewhere watching the Stoke match if it it's possible and the city will be absolute scenes after it.

Obviously we want to get the league won but surely if it was confirmed on a bloody Monday night (surely about the worst possible night for it) there'd be a slight "well this isn't how I imagined winning the title" vibe. Worst thing about our Championship season was having promotion confirmed without playing. Don't get me wrong the whole thing has been amazing but it'd be so annoying if Sky denied of us an iconic moment yet again.

French football fans are all over us:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Leicester-prend-7-points-d-avance-sur-tottenham-apres-sa-victoire-sur-southampton/649186

(see the commentary section with loads of praise)

The comments below are really interesting - we just take the multi-cultural nature of the team for granted, but to French fans it really stands out. What do you reckon, MC?

Cette photo est magnifique!!! Un asiatique, un black, un nord africain et un Blanco qui sont heureux tous en même temps et tous ensemble en regardant dans la même direction

Quelle superbe photo , un joueur blanc, arabe, noir et asiatique réuni dans la même équipe, quelle diversité, c'est très représentatif de leurs états d'esprit !-

I can't actually see the photo, but it must be Morgan, Okazaki, Mahrez and Drinkwater after Wes's goal.

I'm curious how much of the season has been pre-planned. Up to Christmas we hit every team with LCFC sledgehammer. Blow after blow. There was a noticeable change at Xmas when we let our foot of the pedal, eased down, and focused on a better defence, letting the attacking players breathe and rest, and the last third has been maintaining momentum but with focus on a more solid defence with goals where we can make them on the counter with pant-browning 1-0 wins.

To me with the team we have this all makes sense. But how much was this the strategy from the outset? It does feel that much of this season has not been reactionary. The odd tweak here or there, but it feels calculated. 

Edited by sphericalfox

Micky Quinn is the biggest buffoon going, stealing a living as a sports broadcaster, right from the start he made a fool of himself with the Clownio Ranieri jibe, has never took us seriously and now he's got egg all over his face still incapable of seeing what a good side we actually are.

Leicester's squad is 'so close that it feels like a second family' admits Danny Simpson

• Leicester City are seven points clear at the top of the Premier League
  • Full back Danny Simpson has made 24 League appearances this season
  • The ex-Manchester United man has hailed his team-mates' togetherness
  • Simpson knows how important Wes Morgan's contribution has been

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3530349/Leicester-s-squad-close-feels-like-second-family-admits-Danny-Simpson.html

I think Quinny is right we should be trying to win every game 4-3.

After all Newcastle fans were much happier throwing the league away than winning 1-0.

I think Quinny is right we should be trying to win every game 4-3.

After all Newcastle fans were much happier throwing the league away than winning 1-0.

If you read what Babylon copied and tried to understand, you would know why 1:0 is better then as you have said 4:3

Quinn said we'd played well a couple of times this season so the man clearly doesn't watch us. We've done amazingly to win 18 matches without playing well (possibly 19 as we played well against West Brom and only drew).

Tosser.

Edited by Corky

I am absolutely stunned that Talksport's Mickey Quinn isn't offering thoughtful, incisive analysis.

He's a bitter red scouse that loves Newcastle as he played for them.

Both teams think they should be top and little Leicester should know their place.

Well the tide has turned and all fans with that attitude can fvck right off we are top and deserve to be top.

We need to point it out to them all little Leicester have lost 3 games YES 3 games not 5,6 or 10.

As far as I am concerned they can stick the we deserve it attitude where the sun don't shine.

Not sure if it's already been posted but excellent analysis of us from Danny Higginbotham. He's one of the best around for stuff like this

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/leicester-have-been-found-out-by-premier-league-opponents-but-its-too-late-to-stop-them-danny-a6974361.html

How can you be posting this when you're providing Talk Sport live updates from Ashton Gate? And with Facebooking and Tweeting too are you actually watching the game! lol