Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It annoys me when people say we'll get dicked in Europe. 

If we get dicked by the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and PSG, how does that make us any different to any other English club over the past two or three seasons? 

Also, let's not pretend that every team in the CL is world class. The likes of Astana, Malmo and Maccabi Tel Aviv are midtable Premier League standard at best, exactly the kinds of team we've been putting to the sword all season - and this before the significant investment that looks likely given the TV deal from both PL and CL, as well as the prize money for being in the top four or winning the league.

We're unlikely to win the CL, or even come close to winning it, but neither will Tottenham, Arsenal or either Manchester club that qualifies. Is anybody questioning their right to be in the competition or saying they'll disgrace the nation? Utter football snobbery, the kind that has had fans of other clubs looking down their noses at us all season.

No matter how the Champions League thing will turn out, I do hope we give it our best shot and enamoure more people around the globe with the passion and desire, the fighting spirit and skills and dedication shown in this year's Premier League campaign.

We've got no other season to compare this to, especially on a European level. Only two early exits in the UEFA Cup (Europa League in today's lingo) and one more EC Cup campaign 55 years ago to show for - but who cares? Contrary to other English clubs, we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I also don't buy into "Leicester in Europe, they'll get ****ed" attitude. If we're playing against the best of the best, then embarrassing results are a possibility, but as long as we're giving a good account of ourselves, there's nothing to tell me not to feel proud and look forward to playing in a UEFA competition for the first time in fifteen years.

• Like 1

One off season....Man U fans trashing Vardy last year as a nobody after he ran amok on them last year. Spurs twats doing the same this year but now it's the entire team. I would expect with CL football next year we will build on our current team and again next year we'll be solid. Regardless would love to beat Spurs both home and away 1-0 with 35% possession

What would happen if we got relegated next year but won the champions league?

An insane schedule. League form would suffer and would probably end up getting relegated again... and winning the Champions League again.
  • Like 2

Looking forward to Micky Quinn slagging us off during the week.

We've scored 57 goals and we're dull and boring, but Arsenal have scored 55 goals and they are exciting and attractive.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Micky Quinn slagging us off during the week.

We've scored 57 goals and we're dull and boring, but Arsenal have scored 55 goals and they are exciting and attractive.

Quinn is absolutely nicking a living, like a lot of TalkShite pundits. Not sure anyone takes him seriously.

I love the attitude of "of Spurs play the better football they deserve to win it", Arsenal have played the best football on and off for a decade or more and haven't won the league. The likes of Chelsea and United have, teams capable of battling and grinding out 1-0's... I don't remember anyone saying Arsenal deserved it because they battered a few shit teams and played nice footy.

• Like 4

Also, let's not pretend that every team in the CL is world class. The likes of Astana, Malmo and Maccabi Tel Aviv are midtable Premier League standard at best, exactly the kinds of team we've been putting to the sword all season - and this before the significant investment that looks likely given the TV deal from both PL and CL, as well as the prize money for being in the top four or winning the league.

But remember - Nottingham Forest beat Malmo in 1979, and that made them absolute world beaters and totally relevant to modern day football! :ph34r:

I love the attitude of "of Spurs play the better football they deserve to win it", Arsenal have played the best football on and off for a decade or more and haven't won the league. The likes of Chelsea and United have, teams capable of battling and grinding out 1-0's... I don't remember anyone saying Arsenal deserved it because they battered a few shit teams and played nice footy.

Chelsea were constantly being criticised for being "boring" last season. Amazingly enough, you won't be surprised to know that it was Arsenal fans leading that charge. The same usual pundits, Souness and Quinn, were giving Chelsea a hard time.

Also, yesterday Souness was praising Spurs for their ability to do play long diagonal balls. God forbid if we did that lol

Every twat - so called footy pundits - are saying we will fail next season, like they have been saying all season about us.

I doubt that very much.

We have loyal fans and getting bigger world-wide, loyal players and a loyal billionaire.

We are one of the top teams in the premier league overall, Fact !

Times have changed.