Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I said it before and I'll say it again, there will be more of this to come. It's the way of our press. On the one hand they wave flags for us possibly winning the league as an utter miracle. Then their other hand slips the knives in relentlessly. Just like Sky making mountains out of a Kante mole hill. Efforts to bring in the doping angle. Now the financial angle. Add in to the weak EPL this year and all the big teams in flux they are doing their best to diminish our achievements right and left.

So much for wanting the monopoly broken. They might, as long as it's Woy's bum boys who do it. Not us.

More to come.

• Like 1

That Guardian article makes the marketing finances for 13/14 look dodgy as ****.

I couldn't work out if we sold them for more than we bought them back for. If so, looks like an exercise to lower our spending.

What's the penalty, 8 points given to Spurs two seasons after the (alleged) offence?

all the football league can do is fine us

Always a good sign when other teams fans are hating us, I hated Man U under sir Alex, his record speaks for it's self, so we are doing something right.

The likes of Spurs and Arsenal fans are only hating, because their lack of league success, and hate the fact that an unfancied side is dong better, in a season that is probably their only chance to win it.

The man city's, Man U's, and Chelsea fans have been quite complimentary to be fair, clubs that have had plenty of league success in recent history.

Man city, Man U and Chelsea won't have two poor seasons, especially with who is coming in to manage them, and the money I expect they will spend, so for Arsenal and Spurs not to win it this year, will feel like the one that got away.

So let them hate, we win it amazing, we don't win it, it's the greatest league performance in our history, so we have no expectation.

If they miss out to little Leicester, it would be a disaster to them, and all they will be left with, is a jealous hatred of us.

I would have more respect for their clubs and fans, if they accepted we are where we are on merit, and no matter how it ended up over the next 5 games, the best team will win it.

It is funny how salty other fans have become, they need to look at their own teams and why they aren't performing rather trying to pick faults at ours.  They can use all the excuses and make up potential scenarios about what could happen to us next year.  They thought that would happen to us this season and it hasn't, what evidence have they got that we will suddenly remember our place and forget how to play as a team, until that happens I couldn't care less.  The best excuse is that it's a weak league this season, that's admitting your team is even weaker and taken a step back.

Also a lot of fans have selective memories or ignore things if it doesn't support their way of thinking.

Spurs club ambassador Ledley King racially assaulted a bouncer using the P word but Vardy is the vile racist who shouldn't be playing.  The only business outside the Spurs ground that hadn't been sold to them, after the owners receive death threats and abuse, goes up in smoke.  Man City fell foul of FFP after spending stupid money season after season.  They also got 400m or so naming rights for their ground, Eithad is state owned, the rulers half brother is the owner of Man City.  George Graham taking bungs.

• Like 1

What does it say about the teams that can't beat the worst team to (hopefully) win the league?

If we do when it, it could be by 3 or 4 points, maybe the head to head games against Spurs will determine the outcome.

You know the team Spurs fans say are lucky, not good enough, but took 4 points off them lol

• Like 1

So what if we are boring/lucky/hoof ballers? Who's going to remember that this time next year? Lets just get our name on the trophy and fvck the haters.

exactly. there has been no team in Premier League history that has won every single game playing fancy, attacking, free-flowing football. There's bound to be some games which you have to grind out and battle for and it's a sign of champions that you can get through these games. 

We don't even play bad football, we are having to win games under extreme pressure knowing we'll never get this chance again. We are finding a way to win and a style of grinding through. Hardly reflective of the whole season when we've been one of the prettier teams. And to be honest, I don't give a **** in any case. Enjoy your champagne football and 2nd place.

We don't even play bad football, we are having to win games under extreme pressure knowing we'll never get this chance again. We are finding a way to win and a style of grinding through. Hardly reflective of the whole season when we've been one of the prettier teams. And to be honest, I don't give a **** in any case. Enjoy your champagne football and 2nd place.

I agree. What my neutral friends are saying is how much fun our games are because we don't dominate games but find a way to win them. We are not boring, dominating, expected to win, we are clever, dynamic, fast, grinding our ways to win. This is what the neutrals love about us. We win without dominating and it's this that makes us so unique. We have talent, it's just different to the norm.

Let's be honest, we are in disbelief what's happening here, why wouldn't we be....It's sensational how the team pulls for one another, has found a way to beat teams that forever have dominated English football and have done so with players big clubs would not even bat an eye at. Leicester is the best team in the league which hurts and dumbfounds those that can't think outside the box. They're the boring ones not us. COYB

There were spells where the game became a whirl of elbows and legs as players of both teams fought for possession. It makes for bruising, attritional fare — football’s equivalent of fixing bayonets. It was exhausting even to watch but it drained United’s energy and belief. The groundwork for an exhilarating final 20 minutes was more than an hour of scrappy, gritty action. 

Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino’s team do not expect to be given time and space to be creative. They earn it by making life uncomfortable for opponents. 

At times it seems at odds with Tottenham’s traditions — Glenn Hoddle would shudder at the ugliness of it all — but it is getting results. If you want entertainment in the ball-juggling, pointless dribbling, I-want-to-grow-up-to-be-Barcelona sense, go to the Emirates. See how that works out.

Article in the guardian which gives us credit, but is basically an ode to spurs.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/tottenham-title-promise-watchable-leicester-mauricio-pochettino

Fvck off mate.

And beyond that Tottenham Hotspur have been the most watchable, most promising, most intriguing team in the league this season.

:/  :whistle: 

Spurs have seen the light and are shaping their play to match ours. Spurs fans will love this comparison with us. :)

Edited by biggs