Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I remember saying to my mate at half time that we were 8 points clear.

If we'd won that game we'd be home and dry by now.

75 points, home and dry. Commentators would utter the phrase "Leicester City the runaway leaders" lol

He saw one game, where we were dragged down to Sunderland's level and judged us on that, then he seems to think that MOTD only show highlights and isn't 2 hours of missed passes and lumped clearances. A full Spurs match is not a ballet, they play a very aggressive brand of football and mix that with skill, but also direct football with long passes and quick attacks, in between boring segments of side ways passing.

This is a results business, and to get the result against Sunderland we had to fight them for everything, but we knew our quality would get us a chance and as long as we kept them out we would win. We adapt to the teams we are playing, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal teams that like to play football we have out played them and been out played by them. Teams that  like to press and close down, we have out fought them, and been out fought. Some of the games this season against Swansea (A), Stoke(H), Newcastle(A), Sunderland (A) we have just been a class above.

Did we get lucky? Rodwell's shot wasn't lucky, it was shit, the only luck was that ball ricocheted out to him giving him a great chance at scoring. He missed. Were we lucky to not concede a penalty? maybe, were we unlucky to not be awarded a penalty? yes.

He saw one game, where we were dragged down to Sunderland's level and judged us on that, then he seems to think that MOTD only show highlights and isn't 2 hours of missed passes and lumped clearances. A full Spurs match is not a ballet, they play a very aggressive brand of football and mix that with skill, but also direct football with long passes and quick attacks, in between boring segments of side ways passing.

This is a results business, and to get the result against Sunderland we had to fight them for everything, but we knew our quality would get us a chance and as long as we kept them out we would win. We adapt to the teams we are playing, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal teams that like to play football we have out played them and been out played by them. Teams that  like to press and close down, we have out fought them, and been out fought. Some of the games this season against Swansea (A), Stoke(H), Newcastle(A), Sunderland (A) we have just been a class above.

Did we get lucky? Rodwell's shot wasn't lucky, it was shit, the only luck was that ball ricocheted out to him giving him a great chance at scoring. He missed. Were we lucky to not concede a penalty? maybe, were we unlucky to not be awarded a penalty? yes.

Too much logic for a Tottenham fan to comprehend.

Since the Norwich game people have been tuning into our games. Nobody was watching us when we dicked Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle, Swansea, WBA, Stoke, Everton etc we put 3 and 4 past those sides. We were winning 3-2, now we're winning 1-0. You know what that's called? Game management and tactical flexibility. We've adapted to whatever thrown at us.

• Like 4

Highlights show, shows highlights shocker...

It is an interesting point from the Spurs fan, that was a lovely  passage of play, but not indicative of the rest of the game, but we have shown in many games this season we are capable of that sort of tight intricate play, but recently we have been saving it for the last 10 minutes.

Why don't we do that more often?

That format was ridiculous. They tell you the score, 5 seconds of any old footage (maybe including a goal), 3 more match "highlights" then back to the studio

Manish: "So Steve, Leroy - what did you make of Bristol versus Leeds?"

Leroy: "Can't remember Manish you've shown other highlights since then."

Claridge: "Oh absolutely. You know, if they carry on like that, they'll surely secure that ninth place finish."

Manish: "Well there you have it. Now over to Clemmit for a special piece on a very special item - Brentford's limited edition turkey matchday pie"

Somehow Channel 5 have made it even more excruciating.

• Like 2

God GQ is awful. It doesn't even have the sometimes intelligent writing that saves Esquire from mediocrity. It has articles by Andy Coulson. It has a homo-erotic awards night where George Osbourne gets 'Politician of the Year'. It's for people who don't really like films and only own 6 DVDs, all of which are Tarantino films. It's for people who think 'What's the Story' is better than 'Definitely Maybe'. It's for people who 'love the Stone Roses, I play their best of all the time'. It's for people who drink Black Sheep but secretly hate the stuff.

It's for cvnts, basically.

God GQ is awful. It doesn't even have the sometimes intelligent writing that saves Esquire from mediocrity. It has articles by Andy Coulson. It has a homo-erotic awards night where George Osbourne gets 'Politician of the Year'. It's for people who don't really like films and only own 6 DVDs, all of which are Tarantino films. It's for people who think 'What's the Story' is better than 'Definitely Maybe'. It's for people who 'love the Stone Roses, I play their best of all the time'. It's for people who drink Black Sheep but secretly hate the stuff.

It's for Spurs fans, basically.

Fixed it for you

There was a piece on us on Austrian TV last night with Paul Scharner (ex Wigan) and he was in the Fan Store and said we shifted 50,000 Shirts this Season and that 28 Fuchs was the Second best seller? Interesting if true.

There was a piece on us on Austrian TV last night with Paul Scharner (ex Wigan) and he was in the Fan Store and said we shifted 50,000 Shirts this Season and that 28 Fuchs was the Second best seller? Interesting if true.

Say it again

It is an interesting point from the Spurs fan, that was a lovely  passage of play, but not indicative of the rest of the game, but we have shown in many games this season we are capable of that sort of tight intricate play, but recently we have been saving it for the last 10 minutes.

Why don't we do that more often?

We've given up supporting players up top, we don't have enough men forward to do that sort of play. We seem to get more around the ball when we're looking to run time down, as we know we need more men there to keep it.

The remaining games will be tough but I don't see us losing 3 of the last 5 after losing only 3 of the previous 33. Of the teams left to play the only one we haven't beaten already is United. We need to be cautious but that article isn't anything to take too seriously.

Oh I'm with them. Well not that we will fluff it but more so the fact that the game is up and we've won the league. I am getting fed up with people telling me it's done. It's very far from done.

If Man U had done their job on Sunday maybe it'd be done, at the moment Spurs are one result away from piling all kinds of pressure on us. And Sunday does worry me, they've looked a good side all season West Ham. fortunately Stoke away is far from an easy fixture.

Why? What this season has led you to feel like that towards their prediction? Lets revisit this every week.

Because we are in the driving seat and have something to lose, and only we can lose it and that puts pressure on, look at Spieth in the masters, pressure is a funny thing. Fortunately the players have shown no sign of feeling the pressure, can't say the same about the fans.

Oh I'm with them. Well not that we will fluff it but more so the fact that the game is up and we've won the league. I am getting fed up with people telling me it's done. It's very far from done.

If Man U had done their job on Sunday maybe it'd be done, at the moment Spurs are one result away from piling all kinds of pressure on us. And Sunday does worry me, they've looked a good side all season West Ham. fortunately Stoke away is far from an easy fixture.

Stoke have a few injuries, hopefully Arnautovic will be back for them.

I agree - but then i also try and think objectively, if it was anyone else but us, i'd say its a done deal too.

Sunday is the hardest game we have left for me. Win that and its game over. Lose or draw and we are still sitting pretty, but the pressure will increase. Sunday is massive!