Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Does Arlo ever mention he's from Leicester or is he strictly neutral?

I think he has a couple times, but the rest of the NBCSN team have quite a bit, especially lately.

He stays neutral though when commentating, I was actually a bit disappointed with his enthusiasm for Villa's equalizer against us!

The only time I can tell he isn't neutral - if this counts - is when being able to see those subtle hints of absolute happiness he must be feeling. He's never smug or anything, and he has been very cautious, like Claudio, about predicting anything.

• Like 1

It's a fan blog. Wouldn't read too much into it, apart from blatant jealousy and dislike aimed towards us. :D

I quote:

Several major refereeing decisions have clearly gone Leicester’s way this term in more than ambiguous fashion. The East Midlanders have managed to thrive within an arguably one-off season in which each and every one of the Premier League’s ‘elite’ sides have endured a forgettable campaign at best, and when it comes to avoiding potential season-defining injuries, Leicester have certainly proven very fortuitous indeed. Ranieri’s boys in blue just happened to be the lucky beneficiaries.

I think I stopped browsing after that part.

Also had our solid left back from last season on loan at QPR.

I think people will look back on this season an accept we have been fortunate with injuries. The fact we have used so few players this season in the league is a testament to that.

We've taken advantage of the situation presented and given it a damn good go this year.

Also had our solid left back from last season on loan at QPR.

I think people will look back on this season an accept we have been fortunate with injuries. The fact we have used so few players this season in the league is a testament to that.

We've taken advantage of the situation presented and given it a damn good go this year.

Konchesky was a goner from about february onwards when Pearson found a way to make Schlupp at left back work. James was pretty key alongside Cambiasso last season, and Schlupp was a regular until about mid-October. They're not really comparable to some bit part ressie. 

in today’s other lunchtime kickoff at Hampden Park, Hibs are giving a debut to the wonderfully Falstaffian figure of Conrad Logan - always good to see characters like these share the stage with the ultra-bots that usually play at the top level of the game (ok, this is Scottish football, but you get my point). Do you/the readers have a particular favourite footballer of ’stature’?”

Seems Conrad's getting a game today?

"Has it been the season of your life?" asks the interviewer. What a stupid fvckin question. I'm surprised Mahrez didn't say: "Well no actually, it's not been the season of my life. The season of my life was as an under 14 for Paris Suburb FC when I scored 87 goals with 112 assists". Honestly.... :dry:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1

Yep, massively fortunate that we've had a key player from last season out for the entirety of it, and missed a regular match day squad member with injury for three months. 

They're practically the only injuries we have had. We obviously work on ensuring as few injuries as possible, but we have been fortunate.

Take Man City for example. They have a big squad yes, but Kompany has been out for half their season, Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Nasri, Delph and Hart have all had periods out. If we'd missed Wes for half the season, and had Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinky out for periods (several at once at times) we'd be nowhere near the title.

They're practically the only injuries we have had. We obviously work on ensuring as few injuries as possible, but we have been fortunate.

Take Man City for example. They have a big squad yes, but Kompany has been out for half their season, Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Nasri, Delph and Hart have all had periods out. If we'd missed Wes for half the season, and had Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinky out for periods (several at once at times) we'd be nowhere near the title.

The problem being that Aguero is practically made of glass, and Kompanys had a fairly big injury history iirc. We've not had loads of injuries, granted, but it's not like we've not had injuries - we've just managed the squad well to cope with the ones we've had and to avoid unnecessary injuries with proper sports science (unlike Arsenal). It's not really luck, it's the result of running a club properly.

• Like 1

Yep, massively fortunate that we've had a key player from last season out for the entirety of it, and missed a regular match day squad member with injury for three months.

Matty James would be sitting right next to Inler this season.

The problem being that Aguero is practically made of glass, and Kompanys had a fairly big injury history iirc. We've not had loads of injuries, granted, but it's not like we've not had injuries - we've just managed the squad well to cope with the ones we've had and to avoid unnecessary injuries with proper sports science (unlike Arsenal). It's not really luck, it's the result of running a club properly.

We definitely manage ourselves well and I don't want anyone to think that I'm implying we're lucky to be where we are, but one bad tackle is all it takes to have a significant effect on a teams season. There were some pretty mental reactions when it seemed like Kasper might've been injured on international duty. The difference between Kasper playing our last 8 and Schwarzer playing our last 8 would be huge imo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3542494/Wes-Morgan-dreaming-Premier-League-title-growing-estate-known-drugs-crime-guns-ve-no-regrets-came-man-today.html

love the quote about kante from wes morgan

"Clean sheets are my pride and joy, but it’s a whole team effort. The amount of work that players like Marc Albrighton and N’Golo Kante put in is ridiculous. It’s like having extra players on the pitch. In Kante’s first training session, everyone stood back and went: ‘Who is this guy, where’s he come from?’ It’s still the same after every session

"

Brilliant read but kasper being better than his dad one day? Peter schmeichel was a phenomenon between the sticks. Sadly for us, kasper will never be as good as he was though in the modern game (and our style of play), kaspers quick distribution from feet is better.

Some Religious chat on BBC One atm on "The Big Questions" - presenter just asked if it was OK to turn up to a religious talk in a Leicester City top - the answer was yes.

Just waiting for some Spurs supporting blogwanker to post a "WAAAAH, NOT FAIR, GOD(S) LIKE LEICESTER, CONSPIRACY" article.

• Like 1

Some Religious chat on BBC One atm on "The Big Questions" - presenter just asked if it was OK to turn up to a religious talk in a Leicester City top - the answer was yes.

Just waiting for some Spurs supporting blogwanker to post a "WAAAAH, NOT FAIR, GOD(S) LIKE LEICESTER, CONSPIRACY" article.

I wanted to ask the guy with the turban if he had a LCFC turban????