Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

hearing all these West Ham fans moaning(on 606 and Talksport) about they arent getting decisions, i guess they are clearly viewing today through rose tinted glasses. 

They've been on the end of some abysmal refereeing recently, and trying to be objective I have to say the Schlupp penalty was his worst big decision of the day.

Never liked them *****. For a club that haven't won the league for 55 years they sure do think they are billy big bollocks. They're not a big club. Arsenal are a big club. Spurs are a medium sized club with less league titles than Sunderland.

Their first real title challenge in decades and they suddenly think they're one of the big boys. Tinpot fanbase.

decisions went for us and against us... but the one that changed the whole complextion of the game was the sending off... and that was a poor decision against us.

West ham were hard done by with the goal which probably should have been a foul and penalty... but then again if he gave that, he would have to give 100s of pens in that game.

And obviously they had a poor decision go against them with the schlupp peno, which i think just making up for the one a few minutes earlier on Huth.

Stoke do us a favour on Monday that would make a huge differance. If not, we can still be positive.

The biggest regret from this game is that Vardy won't be playing our next game and that will mean our whole style of play may have to change

They've been on the end of some abysmal refereeing recently, and trying to be objective I have to say the Schlupp penalty was his worst big decision of the day.

I'd say Huth being thrown to the ground by his neck was worse than that tbh - clear as day and the ref had shown that grappling would be a penalty with the call earlier. Schlupp was just a soft one that he gave to even it up, knowing he'd cocked the game up.

pains me to say it but i think it was a dive.

Vardy was clearly trying to draw the foul, but there was contact and the defender had a grip of Vardy's shirt. Anybody who has played the game knows you try and cut in front of players if you get the chance. His mistake is that he could have gone down naturally anyway.

Vardy made it too easy for the ref.

Wes's peno, the guy went down very easily too.

Anyway one point earned, let's move on.

Another one of them has predicted our run ins and apparently we're going on a losing streak whilst they win all remaining games.

As each game is struck off I find myself wanting to beat these classless bunch of chumps to the title. I don't understand how at 8 points behind the leaders, you can full heartedly believe your team is entitled to the title? It's arrogance beyond belief. If they do it, yes they deserve it; but right now it's nothing more than a pipe dream.

It's not being 'entitled'. Stop levering that word in all the time. It's confidence. We'll keep believing until it's impossible. We have no right to the title - no one does. Spurs fans entitled? We've only won it twice, don't be daft mate - we're not Arsenal.

It's not being 'entitled'. Stop levering that word in all the time. It's confidence. We'll keep believing until it's impossible. We have no right to the title - no one does. Spurs fans entitled? We've only won it twice, don't be daft mate - we're not Arsenal.

I don't remember ever using the word 'entitled' when addressing you or any other Spurs fan before now, so that's news to me that I'm 'levering' it.

Whether you've won it twice or not, there is an unprecedented arrogance surrounding that forum and your club that allow me and other Leicester fans to come to that judgement. I'll maintain that position all the while that I continue to read comments from people attached to Tottenham that say you're "the best team in the league" whilst you're 5-8 points behind us.

Edited by KentFoxSteve

I don't remember ever using the word 'entitled' when addressing you or any other Spurs fan before now, so that's news to me that I'm 'levering' it.

Whether you've won it twice or not, there is an unprecedented arrogance surrounding that forum and your club that allow me and other Leicester fans to come to that judgement. I'll maintain that position all the while that I continue to read comments from people attached to Tottenham that say you're "the best team in the league" whilst you're 5-8 points behind us.

Sorry, but you used it in the post I quoted (I'm aware you weren't addressing me). You are the best team in the league at the moment, more victories, more points, but it's not over yet. I concede that one man's confidence is another man's arrogance, but we're just trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible. Whatever happens it will have been an amazing season for both clubs. We will do our best to push you all the way - you'd do the same if you were in our position. On your match threads I've noticed no one predicts a loss. This is normal behaviour from fans - I don't see it as arrogance - just a belief in your team. We're not so different.

Sorry, but you used it in the post I quoted (I'm aware you weren't addressing me). You are the best team in the league at the moment, more victories, more points, but it's not over yet. I concede that one man's confidence is another man's arrogance, but we're just trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible. Whatever happens it will have been an amazing season for both clubs. We will do our best to push you all the way - you'd do the same if you were in our position. On your match threads I've noticed no one predicts a loss. This is normal behaviour from fans - I don't see it as arrogance - just a belief in your team. We're not so different.

I'm not expecting anything less, but what I'm saying is what I'm reading on fightingcock is that it's a foregone conclusion that we'll fvck up and the almighty Spurs will take our place. There's a lot of football to be played and that may be the case, we might be plucky Leicester who are punching above the weight class, but I think you'll find that a lot of us are aware of that. Interesting that you say a lot of us predict wins in our match threads, I saw a large majority claiming they'd "take a draw" this week, and we're the ones in pole position! This one is a relative point, because we haven't been chasing Spurs recently, but I doubt if we were even 2 points short of you with two to play this place would be anything but confident/arrogant.

This is Spurs fans at two points short about a month ago:

5-8 clear and it's got even worse? All I'm saying is that there is heavy dose of catharsis waiting for a few North Londoners if we go on to finish this off. If we don't, I'll say fair play because right now it's still in Leicester's hands- and, apparently like you, I'm in no way feeling entitled about the title.

I'm not expecting anything less, but what I'm saying is what I'm reading on fightingcock is that it's a foregone conclusion that we'll fvck up and the almighty Spurs will take our place. There's a lot of football to be played and that may be the case, we might be plucky Leicester who are punching above the weight class, but I think you'll find that a lot of us are aware of that. Interesting that you say a lot of us predict wins in our match threads, I saw a large majority claiming they'd "take a draw" this week, and we're the ones in pole position! This one is a relative point, because we haven't been chasing Spurs recently, but I doubt if we were even 2 points short of you with two to play this place would be anything but confident/arrogant.

This is Spurs fans at two points short about a month ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XhlxllyWNg&feature=youtu.be

5-8 clear and it's got even worse? All I'm saying is that there is heavy dose of catharsis waiting for a few North Londoners if we go on to finish this off. If we don't, I'll say fair play because right now it's still in Leicester's hands- and, apparently like you, I'm in no way feeling entitled about the title.

Ha ha, it's just a few kids singing a silly song - I don't blame your fans for singing it. I think you'll see many, many Spurs fans congratulating you if you do win it - up until then it's just forum banter, anything to get a response. We respect you as a club, and we respect your team - we're rivals at the moment - we're hardly going to love each other. I just hope that some internet animosity doesn't sour relations between our clubs. After all, we're both sticking it to the man.

Cheers.

Ha ha, it's just a few kids singing a silly song - I don't blame your fans for singing it. I think you'll see many, many Spurs fans congratulating you if you do win it - up until then it's just forum banter, anything to get a response. We respect you as a club, and we respect your team - we're rivals at the moment - we're hardly going to love each other. I just hope that some internet animosity doesn't sour relations between our clubs. After all, we're both sticking it to the man.

Cheers.

Agreed. We'll need eachother next year when the media are blaming our European failures for the reduced coefficients.

is every title race this petty and talked about? or is it just because spurs fans are absolute helmets? i don't remember fans of any other teams in title races researching where referees were from or lip reading opposition player's comments to referees and stuff. did we just not notice cos we were 15th in the championship? or is it the much more likely, reasonable reason that it's just because we've been in a battle with spurs and arsenal most the year, who are, let's face it, comfortably the two worst fan bases in the entire world of football history. 

pretty pathetic really. 

Spurs have never won the Premier League and I predict it will remain that way beyond this season despite Spurs' nominated choice of "referee".

I had a bit of respect for old Reg when he first signed up to defend the cause of the well-adjusted Spurs fans, even going so far as to implore him to stick around.

Now I'm bored of his veiled patronisation and think he's just as daft as the rest of their internet representation albeit mildly more intellectually endowed.  Talking about not taking the words of people on the internet too personally as he continuously tries to tell people on here off because he's taken the far less melty words of people on the internet too personally.  Unbelievable Jeff.

is every title race this petty and talked about? or is it just because spurs fans are absolute helmets? i don't remember fans of any other teams in title races researching where referees were from or lip reading opposition player's comments to referees and stuff. did we just not notice cos we were 15th in the championship? or is it the much more likely, reasonable reason that it's just because we've been in a battle with spurs and arsenal most the year, who are, let's face it, comfortably the two worst fan bases in the entire world of football history. 

pretty pathetic really.

Our club didn't protest the appointment of Kevin Friend as you know damn well. A scouser complaining about fan bases. Ha ha, that's a good one.

I had a bit of respect for old Reg when he first signed up to defend the cause of the well-adjusted Spurs fans, even going so far as to implore him to stick around.

Now I'm bored of his veiled patronisation and think he's just as daft as the rest of their internet representation albeit mildly more intellectually endowed.  Talking about not taking the words of people on the internet too personally as he continuously tries to tell people on here off because he's taken the far less melty words of people on the internet too personally.  Unbelievable Jeff.

Did you see the Vardy 'incident' in your caravan? Sorry, couldn't resist it. Between jobs and accommodation? Poor Llama, you are a lad. I'm Spurs, so it is your duty to hate me. Don't worry about countering any points I've raised, because I'm the enemy. It's ok mate, I've seen the intellectual level of your fans - "literally every Spurs fan is a nob". Comic genius - good luck with the appeal btw. I for one, know it wasn't your shooter.

#prayforLlama.

I have to say Bilic was quite dignified in his post match interview. Even in previous games where West Ham got royally screwed over he remained dignified and respectful. Ranieri is also a nice guy too. These two managers along with Pochettino are my favourite managers in the league.

Good piece on Shinji's movement:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/17/shinji-okazaki-tireless-leicester-intelligence

The replay of Vardy's goal that they showed a few minutes afterwards (in the 25th minute on the live coverage) shows Shinji's run, and the space it created, really clearly.  

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

I'd say Huth being thrown to the ground by his neck was worse than that tbh - clear as day and the ref had shown that grappling would be a penalty with the call earlier. Schlupp was just a soft one that he gave to even it up, knowing he'd cocked the game up.

Huth held Kouyaté just as much as Ogbonna held Huth. Nobody mentioned that. Vardy getting wrestled to the ground first half was as stone wall as they come though.