Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I'd like to see if you deducted the penalties from Spurs, Arsenal and Man City if there'd be a big change as well. We win so many penalties because we play fast counter attacking football that leads defenders to panic and hack our players down as a last resort.

From what I can see, Tottenham have had 5 penalties this season:

25/Oct/15

Harry Kane Tottenham Bournemouth vs Tottenham 9' minute Scored

1-5

26/Dec/15 Harry Kane Tottenham Tottenham vs Norwich 26' minute Scored 3-0

16/Jan/16 Harry Kane Tottenham Tottenham vs Sunderland 79' minute Scored 4-1

02/Feb/16 Harry Kane Tottenham Norwich vs Tottenham 30' minute Scored 0-3

14/Feb/16 Harry Kane Tottenham Man City vs Tottenham 53' minute Scored 1-2

So only the one vs Man City would have any difference to their points total.

The list isn't 100% up to date but it can be found here http://eplreview.com/statistics-penalty.htm

Edited by Darkon84

I'd like to see if you deducted the penalties from Spurs, Arsenal and Man City if there'd be a big change as well. We win so many penalties because we play fast counter attacking football that leads defenders to panic and hack our players down as a last resort.

Plus nearly all our successful attempts  on goal have been in the penalty area.

All it takes is 50 or so fans on camera, a forum or twitter to change that though. I actually find when I'm watching Everton on TV their fans annoy me, there's basically no noise unless they're booing or moaning about something.

I'm going to go away and plan the hate campaign for Everton. John Stones is going to be the poster boy and whoever hosts toffees tv will be the main focal point of the hatred.

i fu cking hate john stones 

Been seeing Virgin Media billboards around Cambridge with the caption "Leicester City:  Proof that the best football isn't the most expensive" or something similar.  Really hope they've got some of those bad boys up in North London.

Interesting that you had to edit a 7 word sentence. Which word did you get wrong Manini? I might be a horrible cvnt, but I'm not a thick cvnt. I'll take a day off when you lot stop behaving like school kids. You really are making a laughing stock of yourselves. Paranoid to the extreme, desperate to be loved by everyone - even expecting your title rivals to be subservient? No, I'll pass if this is support. Apart from a couple of your contributors, you come over as a bunch of children. You're not even good at it.

I thought a reasonable approach might appeal to your more moderate posters, but no, I'm a horrible cvnt - **** you, I'll laugh when you piss it all away. I take back my respect - you deserve none.

Haven't visited your club's forum then I take it? lol

This is an amazing post from the Guardian thread on the Spurs game:

Spurs, Spurs, Spurs... How many times since I first attended WHL in 1967 have I said "This time, we've a chance", and how many times have I given up on my foolish pride. And now finally, with the Promised Land looming closer on the horizon, it has to be Leicester City who'd suffer. Why couldn't it have been a Chelsea, a Utd., an Arsenal, a Liverpool?

I'm torn, truly torn up inside, but on balance I still want Leicester to do it... We at Spurs can survive another disappointment, while the sheer joy of seeing those genuine underdogs winning the Prem will make up for it, and possibly even surpass it.
At Spurs, there's always next year.

• Like 2

This is an amazing post from the Guardian thread on the Spurs game:

Spurs, Spurs, Spurs... How many times since I first attended WHL in 1967 have I said "This time, we've a chance", and how many times have I given up on my foolish pride. And now finally, with the Promised Land looming closer on the horizon, it has to be Leicester City who'd suffer. Why couldn't it have been a Chelsea, a Utd., an Arsenal, a Liverpool?

I'm torn, truly torn up inside, but on balance I still want Leicester to do it... We at Spurs can survive another disappointment, while the sheer joy of seeing those genuine underdogs winning the Prem will make up for it, and possibly even surpass it.

At Spurs, there's always next year.

Spurs are a seriously good side and can only see them challenging again next season as long as they hold on to their players. Even their bench is full of quality. As for Leicester, this really is a once in a life-time chance for us and would be truly incredible for us to do it so I totally agree with this guy and hope other fans of other clubs agree. Spurs can wait a little longer. This has to go to Leicester  :scarf:

Those 9 penalties have won us 10 points:

Wham 2-2

Arsenal 1-2

Everton 3-2  (2)

Watford 2-1

Norwich 2-1

Bmouth 1-1

Sland 4-2

Stoke 2-2

So even if we'd had 0 penalties we'd still be second, ahead of Arsenal and Man City.

I think the only dodge penno we've had was Vardy's at Arsenal. Which we lost anyway...

West Ham was a soft pen as well to be fair. The rest were pens. Maybe Vardy v Bournemouth was dubious as well.

I'm actually glad that we are now being viewed as cynical bastards. Good. I'd rather be bastards and be top than play silky football and be mid table. How's that working out for Everton and Stoke atm?

• Like 1

good one from reddit, imaginative 

"Full disclosure: I am a Spurs fan, and a salty one at that having watched Leicester bundle their way to their current lead at the top of the table in spite of the consensually agreed to be the best football being played by our boys this year. I'm a bit of a wreck if I'm honest...

That said, when I say this it's coming from a guy who has lived in Leicester for the best part of three years, and frequently visit.

I'm ****ing sick of neutrals in the league supporting this "fairytale". Fair enough, the feat of going from near-relegation to top of the league with -4 games to go is incredible, but Leicester are far from a fairytale. It's a scumbag club, in a scumbag city. To put it into perspective, Leicester winning the league is as much a fairytale as Stoke winning it. Nobody thought they ever could so we never really gave it that much thought, but NOBODY outside of Leicester should be exicted at the prospect of a Premier League title being paraded around Leicester city centre.

Past the piss stained doors of Maryland Chicken fast food joints. Past the stinking, sticky floored bars that charge £1.75 a pint to maximise their profits from the blokes leaving the jobby.

Through the market bar outside of the Corn Exchange pub, which by the way I worked in, that often boasts some of the most hair tinglingly scumbagger-ish people getting fingered without even a hint of concern from fellow patrons (the bar staff were all mostly appalled, because the bar staff, at large, don't come from Leicester).

Past the spot were the heroin addicts gather on Wednesday to eat their community lunch.

Alongside the River Soar which boasts a single title of merit for being the most shat in river in the country, all the way up to the doors of the King Power stadium, but not before stopping through a car park used for match days that I can only imagine was given up on and re-purposed as a dumping ground for un-recyclable litter.

The place is a ****ing shit hole and if we let that Jamie Scumbag Vardy led side win the league this year it's going to be a black mark on the history of this great league.

But again... All of this is impartial."

"Full disclosure: I am a Spurs fan, and a salty one at that having watched Leicester bundle their way to their current lead at the top of the table in spite of the consensually agreed to be the best football being played by our boys this year. I'm a bit of a wreck if I'm honest...

That said, when I say this it's coming from a guy who has lived in Leicester for the best part of three years, and frequently visit.

I'm ****ing sick of neutrals in the league supporting this "fairytale". Fair enough, the feat of going from near-relegation to top of the league with -4 games to go is incredible, but Leicester are far from a fairytale. It's a scumbag club, in a scumbag city. To put it into perspective, Leicester winning the league is as much a fairytale as Stoke winning it. Nobody thought they ever could so we never really gave it that much thought, but NOBODY outside of Leicester should be exicted at the prospect of a Premier League title being paraded around Leicester city centre.

Past the piss stained doors of Maryland Chicken fast food joints. Past the stinking, sticky floored bars that charge £1.75 a pint to maximise their profits from the blokes leaving the jobby.

Through the market bar outside of the Corn Exchange pub, which by the way I worked in, that often boasts some of the most hair tinglingly scumbagger-ish people getting fingered without even a hint of concern from fellow patrons (the bar staff were all mostly appalled, because the bar staff, at large, don't come from Leicester).

Past the spot were the heroin addicts gather on Wednesday to eat their community lunch.

Alongside the River Soar which boasts a single title of merit for being the most shat in river in the country, all the way up to the doors of the King Power stadium, but not before stopping through a car park used for match days that I can only imagine was given up on and re-purposed as a dumping ground for un-recyclable litter.

The place is a ****ing shit hole and if we let that Jamie Scumbag Vardy led side win the league this year it's going to be a black mark on the history of this great league.

I'm guessing he's never lived near or visited Spurs home ground and walked along High Rd.  I used to live in Finsbury Park, along with Tottenham, Highbury and Holloway they are all dumps.  Tottenham the birth place of the London riots.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/White+Hart+Lane/@51.6041109,-0.0680195,3a,75y,152.79h,74.19t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sVUFObFL2BmSmDn5C0_-dRg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DVUFObFL2BmSmDn5C0_-dRg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D101.68996%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x48761e9edfc3bcd7:0x84875fd992812cd2!6m1!1e1

• Like 1

Obviously not a great Tottenham fan. If he thinks Leicester is a shithole, there's absolutely no way he's set foot within 10 miles of White Hart Lane. 

• Like 1

Absolutely no dodgy pubs and chicken shops in London.

People need to realise that English Citys are all, on the whole, complete dives.

The only one I can think of that I've only seen the nice side of (i'm sure there is a shithole section) is York.

People need to realise that English Citys are all, on the whole, complete dives.

The only one I can think of that I've only seen the nice side of (i'm sure there is a shithole section) is York.

Chester too, but that's barely a city. English cities are mostly shitty, and all the dirt parts of London combined could form their own country the sheer amount of shitstainery 

Yeah, if that's your marker for who should win the league might as well hand the nation's European slots to Cambridge United, Bakewell Town, Grassington United etc.

yeah,if Leicester can't I will take Cambridge.Has its areas that aren't too pleasant but nothing like bigger cities.

Our club never opposed the appointment of one of your fans for the Stoke game. You can keep banging on about it, but it was a PMGOL decision. The blindness of some of your 'supporters' is breathtaking. No wonder you're hated by so many sets of fans. It's going to be an uncomfortable slide back to the bottom, when you've abused so many on the way up.

You're cheap, classless, and small time, and contrary to your own beliefs, ugly, with racist cheats, wife beaters, drink drivers and whatever that Huth cvnt is - transphobic? I don't know. You've broken FFP rules to get out of the Championship, and you're shitting yourselves. Your 'talismanic' striker is going to be banned for 3 games for calling fatty Moss a "****ing cheating ****", and Mahrez is ****ed. Good luck with your title challenge - it's going to be interesting.

Your masked slipped from the "please like me, I'm a nice guy really" persona.  lol

Go and get fucked.  :thumbup: