Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

the spurs guy in our office is now convinced they will win it.  three games ago he was convinced they wouldn't.  I cant get through to him that they really wont.  infact nearly all the spurs fans I know suddenly think were going to lose two from four and they will win all four.  i'm torn between winning our next two or three to put it to bed quickly or letting them get a huge sniff before we win at the bridge on the final day. the former so much more comfortable and enjoyable but the latter would be so much 'fun' (for me living down here)  

good one from reddit, imaginative

"Full disclosure: I am a Spurs fan, and a salty one at that having watched Leicester bundle their way to their current lead at the top of the table in spite of the consensually agreed to be the best football being played by our boys this year. I'm a bit of a wreck if I'm honest...

That said, when I say this it's coming from a guy who has lived in Leicester for the best part of three years, and frequently visit.

I'm ****ing sick of neutrals in the league supporting this "fairytale". Fair enough, the feat of going from near-relegation to top of the league with -4 games to go is incredible, but Leicester are far from a fairytale. It's a scumbag club, in a scumbag city. To put it into perspective, Leicester winning the league is as much a fairytale as Stoke winning it. Nobody thought they ever could so we never really gave it that much thought, but NOBODY outside of Leicester should be exicted at the prospect of a Premier League title being paraded around Leicester city centre.

Past the piss stained doors of Maryland Chicken fast food joints. Past the stinking, sticky floored bars that charge £1.75 a pint to maximise their profits from the blokes leaving the jobby.

Through the market bar outside of the Corn Exchange pub, which by the way I worked in, that often boasts some of the most hair tinglingly scumbagger-ish people getting fingered without even a hint of concern from fellow patrons (the bar staff were all mostly appalled, because the bar staff, at large, don't come from Leicester).

Past the spot were the heroin addicts gather on Wednesday to eat their community lunch.

Alongside the River Soar which boasts a single title of merit for being the most shat in river in the country, all the way up to the doors of the King Power stadium, but not before stopping through a car park used for match days that I can only imagine was given up on and re-purposed as a dumping ground for un-recyclable litter.

The place is a ****ing shit hole and if we let that Jamie Scumbag Vardy led side win the league this year it's going to be a black mark on the history of this great league.

But again... All of this is impartial."

I take it he's not from Tottenham then? One of the biggest shitholes left in London?

In case anyone missed it, NBCSN did some great short videos with their lead commentator, Leicester native and fan, Arlo White.

They were geo-blocked on twitter, so I uploaded them to YouTube. (I re-uploaded higher quality ones of the first two and the third one I hadn't posted yet.)

Arlo's triple espresso recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ezadMoTH1o
Arlo's tour of Leicester's sporting arenas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgc7C_w-sI
Arlo's King Richard III tour:

(Bonus) 5000-1 promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YytCyvfUqkM

Edited by FireFox
  • Like 4

I believe that the west ham directors complained that they felt so intimidated on sunday that they left rather than clap their team off. whilst not wanting to condone any abuse levelled at directors of the opposition club, its a bit rich for west ham to complain about intimidation at another ground!

the spurs guy in our office is now convinced they will win it.  three games ago he was convinced they wouldn't.  I cant get through to him that they really wont.  infact nearly all the spurs fans I know suddenly think were going to lose two from four and they will win all four.  i'm torn between winning our next two or three to put it to bed quickly or letting them get a huge sniff before we win at the bridge on the final day. the former so much more comfortable and enjoyable but the latter would be so much 'fun' (for me living down here)  

I'm with you. Unfortunately so many on here are in meltdown....exactly what they were laughing at on the Spurs forum a short while back is what they have become.......how sad is that???

Yeah, if that's your marker for who should win the league might as well hand the nation's European slots to Cambridge United, Bakewell Town, Grassington United etc.

I do like it when people bring up utterly irrelevant things into an argument. "The town isn't great, a suburb five miles from the ground with a different postcode that has a crappy pub doesn't deserve to have the Champions in their vicinity".

Can we please have a song to sing back to the Spurs fans on Sunday. Was a little intimidated by the "Leicester city, we're coming for you" chant.

"We're above you, we're above you, Tottenham Hotspur we're above you...you spent more on Son than we did on our entire first eleven...Tottenham hotspur we're above you"

Don't exactly roll of the tongue though!

Can we please have a song to sing back to the Spurs fans on Sunday. Was a little intimidated by the "Leicester city, we're coming for you" chant.

You'll stay where you are,

You'll stay where you aaaare,

Tottenham Hotspur

You'll stay where you are

• Like 1

I was so scared and intimidated I had to hide behind the sofa when I heard them singing that  :ph34r:

• Like 1