Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

What I am wondering is why people are even looking for this sort of stuff.............

Not looking for mate...stumbled upon. Intrigued when I saw title of video, flabbergasted when I watched it, and thought this is hilarious and my fellow forum members may or may not like to watch these 'presenters' base their whole argument on us drawing with the Swans. No biggie  :P

"...if he'd scored at 1-0 it would have been a different game."

True and if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

I said exactly the same thing when he said it.

Mersons a bit of a twat now isn't he

He's always been a twat, it was nice when he was sticking up for us and 'supporting' us but he was still an idiot, now he's an idiot making arguements for the sake of it.

Last week I commented saying he was an idiot but I found him funny, not sure I even find him funny he is simply just a twat.

This season just gets more and more surreal.

I've seen videos of Italian youths arguing about who is going to play as LCFC on FIFA 16 and in the end they both play as LCFC. (Leicester won).

Whatever happens....Claudio and the boys..and Nige...thank you for a season I will remember forever. 

Last season when Merson was backing us to stay up I honestly thought he was seeing something the others couldn't, but it's pretty obvious he just trying to be edgy and go against the grain.

I hardly think saying that "Swansea will give us a game" is controversial. They may very well win it, even, especially without Vardy.

It's his reasoning that was a joke though. Think we all know it'll be no walkover, but Swansea aren't suddenly going to be great because it's on TV.

Stoke on Monday, Everton on Wednesday, how does he justify those TV performances?

I hardly think saying that "Swansea will give us a game" is controversial. They may very well win it, even, especially without Vardy.

Come now, it is obvious anyone who has a bad word to say about us or has the audacity to suggest that another team might have a decent go at beating us is an idiot, has this thread not taught you anything man.

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett

Think it's more the suggestion that they will try harder because they're on sky that's bring ridiculed

Think it's more the suggestion that they will try harder because they're on sky that's bring ridiculed

It's just a rant for rants sake, it's for entertainment purposes as much as anything, he doesn't think they will roll over (they won't) tv thing is first thing that comes to his head and it's given him the opportunity to make a few jokes about hair cuts.

Typically over analysed on here as he is more correct than the rest of them if they were of the opinion itll be a breeze for us.

You always miss the point don't you. You do it when people talk about Lawro too. It's not about people predicting we'll lose, it's not about people criticising us, it's the baseless random things they say to justify it.

This goes for when pundits talk about any team, I don't want to hear reasoning like, "They'll want to look good on TV" or "Team X just will beat team y because it's about time team y lost" If you're selling yourself as an expert at least give an informed reason behind your opinion. Recent form, styles of play, players missing or coming back from suspension or injury. If someone says WBA will draw with Spurs because they think Pulis will play two banks of 4 and keep it tight then fair enough, I respect that. If your reasoning is they'll be sporting their best haircuts for the TV cameras and that's why they'll win, then sorry you're an idiot.

I get the point.

As usual you all getting irate over absolutely nothing.

It's just a rant for rants sake, it's for entertainment purposes as much as anything, he doesn't think they will roll over (they won't) tv thing is first thing that comes to his head and it's given him the opportunity to make a few jokes about hair cuts.

Typically over analysed on here as he is more correct than the rest of them if they were of the opinion itll be a breeze for us.

I get the point.

As usual you all getting irate over absolutely nothing.

We're, or I am at least, just laughing at Merson's incompetence as a pundit. If that's all he can come up with, then he's in the wrong job and it's time he was let go. The others who were backing us to do well at least explained why they felt that, even Charie Nicholas gave a half decent tactical breakdown of how we'll change our style a little without Vardy.