Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

He might be having torrid time of it at the moment, but Wenger is a very intelligent guy. I think the point he makes about us not being able to play the same way with the same success if we are in multiple competitions is a well made one 

• Like 1

I would be totally honest if I felt like you were playing poor "win at all costs" football, but you're not at all. Yesterday you terrorised Swansea as far as I could see and you never took your foot off the pedal until the final whistle. Proper champions performance. I think Spurs fans are a little bit obsessed with match stats (which are the most misleading thing ever at times) which don't look great in your favour or reflective of true events. I checked the stats expecting Leicester domination which shows how efficient your approach has been. Some of your direct football has been absolutely excellent and pin-point precision. MUFC have dominated possession in every game we have played this year almost, and it has been a snore-fest. Some of your passing moves again scum (Man City) were reminiscent of old Arsenal too.

I would take 44% possession and effective, ultra-potent football over the tip-tap shit.

Absolutely mate! It's a myth that we play long ball defensive football. Before Christmas when defensively we were vulnerable we played the most gung ho football in the league and it was very entertaining, we realised that was not sustainable to finishing in the top 4 so we managed to tighten the defence with only a little bit of the attacking threat being taken out. Spurs have managed to get a system where they are tight at the back and good going forward, hat's off to them but we aren't as blessed with the squad they have so tactically we've out thought teams and are 8 points ahead of them. They are salads.

• Like 1

Absolutely mate! It's a myth that we play long ball defensive football. Before Christmas when defensively we were vulnerable we played the most gung ho football in the league and it was very entertaining, we realised that was not sustainable to finishing in the top 4 so we managed to tighten the defence with only a little bit of the attacking threat being taken out. Spurs have managed to get a system where they are tight at the back and good going forward, hat's off to them but we aren't as blessed with the squad they have so tactically we've out thought teams and are 8 points ahead of them. They are salads.

Well said mate, I have been on the edge of my seat watching you lads this season, and in all honesty I went into watching your games expecting Pulis' style shit (because of the squad you have and the luxury of your position) but you never compromised. The dynamism has been breathtaking - so much pace.

Ranieri has been an absolute tactical wizard. If you don't build a statue of him then there is something wrong.

Couldn't give a flying one what a couple of angst-ridden young men have to say on a Spurs forum. Chances are they're the deluded/bitter minority of Spurs fans, we've already had a fair few come on here and offer us a sporting well done on the season so far or at least a constructive argument, it's not as if we haven't had our own criticise top scorers/performers on here and engage on some strange slanging fest with their counterparts on Burnley and Sunderland forums. In the end I'll be gracious enough to accept if we slip up and Tottenham win all their games (although I hold a belief they won't do this) then they simply deserve it more than us. If some Spurs fans have the gall to reckon winning more games by 4-0 matters more than simply winning more and losing less than they're worth no less than  a quick laugh.

It's looking more and more like it could be something extremely special (if it already isn't) this season so why bother with what Spurs fans think or come up with strange FA conspiracies after one hopelessly shite ref. It's still very much in our hands and we're two wins from history, cherish it! 

• Like 2

Oh God they've got the 'league table of passing' out again, they really know how to hit us where it hurts.

It's the stat obsessed modern day mate, pisses me off, it's this type of ethos that has us seeing lifeless managers like LVG sat pretentiously writing bullshit notes that nobody gives a **** about whilst Ranieri orchestrates masterfully from the touch line. That type of passion is infectious, to fans and players, not some modern-day "scientific" shit.

**** stats.

If this was not 2016 most people wouldn't denigrate your position

• Like 1

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/the-run-in.16911/page-95

You guys gotta keep tabs on this.

Spurs fans in shambles   lol   :revenge:

"But but but our passing is better WHY ARE LEICESTER TOP?! Shit team absolute shit send them to the Vanarama Northwestern Sunday League it's not fair"

• Like 1

leicester.jpg

Best get used to this Leicester. Hatred from all angles is a compliment haha.

I've noticed the shift, it went from "oh wow this is great, love Leicester to win it" when everyone thought we'd bottle it, to "I hate Leicester, I don't want them to win it", when they realised we weren't bottling it.

Can't wait for Spurs' open top bus parade at the end of the season when they celebrate winning the possession league table.

Looking forward to watching them lift the match ball after Newcastle.

'Absolutely efficient'. Weird expression that. Efficient has become a negatively-laden word in football though, basically translating to 'poor technical football that gets results'. It's extremely harsh to criticise the technical ability of our squad based on passing accuracy. It doesn't take into account the speed of thought and execution, the distance of the ball travelled and the directness of passes. No-one is gonna tell me that passes like Drinkwater's to Vardy against Sunderland, Mahrez's to Vardy against Chelsea, Mahrez's to King against WBA etc weren't examples of top class technical ability.

Not just that, but we have maybe the most technically gifted tackler in the league in the shape of Kanté and a keeper who certainly ranks high in terms of technical ability.

Looking forward to Chelsea or Man City finishing above them again next season.

Spurs fans don't know that if we win the league and finish 15th next season we won't care. We will live off this title win for the next 3 decades.

'Absolutely efficient'. Weird expression that. Efficient has become a negatively-laden word in football though, basically translating to 'poor technical football that gets results'. It's extremely harsh to criticise the technical ability of our squad based on passing accuracy. It doesn't take into account the speed of thought and execution, the distance of the ball travelled and the directness of passes. No-one is gonna tell me that passes like Drinkwater's to Vardy against Sunderland, Mahrez's to Vardy against Chelsea, Mahrez's to King against WBA etc weren't examples of top class technical ability.

Not just that, but we have maybe the most technically gifted tackler in the league in the shape of Kanté and a keeper who certainly ranks high in terms of technical ability.

I described your football as 'efficient' and 'ultra-potent' earlier in the thread, and I think you epitomise those characteristics (which I see as anything but negative or technically devoid) magnificently. The dynamism, urgency, and pin point precision of every shot and pass has been breathtaking... if that is not "technical" then I dunno what technical is? I would rather get the ball in the back of the net as effortlessly as possible than piss about.

You are a disciplined, vibrant, and electrifying team. Plus your goal difference and league position is not indicative of a "boring" side.

What is more entertaining than pace, power, and precision? And of course a likely title.

• Like 1

This bloke makes me laugh

"Not sure I can give a shit about Leicester enough to drum up hatred for them. There is acceptance that they are likely to win the league. There is an element that is begrudging as I prefer entertainment, and have many years argued with a good friend of mine that I'd sooner she us finish the season 5th but be entertained than win the league with a series of quite drab results (which is not a dig at Leicester but merely the fact that I see football not as the be all and end all but rather something which I love and love to enjoy)."

We've scored ONE less goal than them. Just because we had a short run of 1-0 wins the others get totally ignored. They have failed to score in 6 games compared to our three... but I suppose they were entertained by the defenders passing it around in circles for 90 minutes like they did against us. lol

Games with 0 goals scored

Leicester 3

Spurs 6

Games with 1 goals scored

Leicester 12

Spurs 9

Games with 2 goals scored

Leicester 11

Spurs 8

Game with 3 goals scored

Leicester 7

Spurs 6

Game with 4 goals scored

Leicester 2

Spurs 4

Game with 5 goals scored

Leicester 0

Spurs 1

So, yeah well done Spurs... you've had three games where you scored a lot of goals... you also had three blanks that we didn't.

They'd rather finish 5th and be entertained than finish 1st and play "drab"? lol The state of that lot for fvcks sake. This is clear cut proof that Tottenham is a failure of a club. They're not winners. Chelsea fans would take 38 1-0 wins and win the league because Chelsea FC have a winning mentality.

I'd take Pulis football if it meant we would win a title.

It's the stat obsessed modern day mate, pisses me off, it's this type of ethos that has us seeing lifeless managers like LVG sat pretentiously writing bullshit notes that nobody gives a **** about whilst Ranieri orchestrates masterfully from the touch line. That type of passion is infectious, to fans and players, not some modern-day "scientific" shit.

**** stats.

If this was not 2016 most people wouldn't denigrate your position

Agree. We're in a stats obsessed era where everything is jotted down from how many passes to heat maps to miles ran.

The two games we played against Swansea this season ended in a 7-0 aggregate score for us (3-0 away, 4-0 home). They averaged 62% possession in both games, made more passes than us, had better pass accuracy than us etc but we took 6 points off them and put 7 goals past them.

It is funny how clear it is that everyone who was lauding the possible fairy tale is now desperate for it not to have a happy ending.

I don't think it is because they now hate us, but they are just desperate for more drama, this season has been ridiculous, but it was in danger of petering out with us comfortably  wrapping up the league early. The West Ham game threw a spanner in the works and everyone jumped on it, but we are once again 8 points clear and deservedly so. 

It is funny how clear it is that everyone who was lauding the possible fairy tale is now desperate for it not to have a happy ending.

I don't think it is because they now hate us, but they are just desperate for more drama, this season has been ridiculous, but it was in danger of petering out with us comfortably  wrapping up the league early. The West Ham game threw a spanner in the works and everyone jumped on it, but we are once again 8 points clear and deservedly so. 

it's because you are becoming a force that is taken seriously now, rather than a "aww little Leicester and their elaborate giant killing season" patronising view. If you keep this up and become a legitimate top 4 side over these next few years then I am sure the hate will slowly creep in (which is a compliment)

Agree. We're in a stats obsessed era where everything is jotted down from how many passes to heat maps to miles ran.

The two games we played against Swansea this season ended in a 7-0 aggregate score for us (3-0 away, 4-0 home). They averaged 62% possession in both games, made more passes than us, had better pass accuracy than us etc but we took 6 points off them and put 7 goals past them.

It's an absolute pain in the arse; it keeps the modern day pundit in the job.

You really think a bunch of ordinary working-class lads are running around that football field with all those intricate details buzzing around their head? Sure the basic tactical instructions will be there (direct, focus on left side, get behind the ball etc) but no ****ing way is Wayne Rooney on that field thinking in LVG notes

I described your football as 'efficient' and 'ultra-potent' earlier in the thread, and I think you epitomise those characteristics (which I see as anything but negative or technically devoid) magnificently. The dynamism, urgency, and pin point precision of every shot and pass has been breathtaking... if that is not "technical" then I dunno what technical is? I would rather get the ball in the back of the net as effortlessly as possible than piss about.

You are a disciplined, vibrant, and electrifying team. Plus your goal difference and league position is not indicative of a "boring" side.

What is more entertaining than pace, power, and precision? And of course a likely title.

Its nice to hear from a supporter who isn't bitter and jealous and actually watches Leicester play, great post mate.

• Like 1