Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Quite frankly, I don't really care about what other fans think, good or bad. Most of it is good will but there is the occasional bile from some, who can't handle the situation as it is unravelling against them.

I'm also not bothered about the line of attack from the embittered ones that we will probably win the title this year but next season, watch us crash and burn.

We're in the here and now, and winning the title means absolutely everything to us, as it undoubtedly would to them if they were in our shoes.

Anything that we do next season is a bonus.

• Like 1

Its nice to hear from a supporter who isn't bitter and jealous and actually watches Leicester play, great post mate.

Quite frankly, I don't really care about what other fans think, good or bad. Most of it is good will but there is the occasional bile from some, who can't handle the situation as it is unravelling against them.

I'm also not bothered about the line of attack from the embittered ones that we will probably win the title this year but next season, watch us crash and burn.

We're in the here and now, and winning the title means absolutely everything to us, as it undoubtedly would to them if they were in our shoes.

Anything that we do next season is a bonus.

Great post, nice to see Leicester fans staying grounded and not calling for top 4 ascendancy from now on. I think next year is gonna be really really interesting if you win it, because it is a case of whether you believe it to be a "freak" and try to heavily strengthen, or whether you acknowledge this as a phenomenal team spirit that should not be compromised with miscellaneous "big name" additions. 

Great post, nice to see Leicester fans staying grounded and not calling for top 4 ascendancy from now on. I think next year is gonna be really really interesting if you win it, because it is a case of whether you believe it to be a "freak" and try to heavily strengthen, or whether you acknowledge this as a phenomenal team spirit that should not be compromised with miscellaneous "big name" additions.

Every time I think about that dilemma I come to no conclusion except thank **** we have ranieri and Walsh to work it out.

Keeping Mahrez is absolute paramount. If he had a half-decent brain he will surely realise that leaving Leicester for one of the established "bigger" clubs is a huge mistake.

Can we have Claudio please?  ;). It looks like Jose is coming to United, but I would bite your hand of for Ranieri.  :cap:

Every time I think about that dilemma I come to no conclusion except thank **** we have ranieri and Walsh to work it out.

It's literally one of the hardest dilemmas ever.

But Ranieri is capable.

I am getting wicked of tired of all this conspiracy sh@t. In the last couple of weeks I have read/heard stories that our success is down to doped players, preferential treatment from refs, opposition players intentionally capitulating when playing against us. After the Swansea match, a Swansea fan phoned radio five and said that he genuinely believed that the Swansea manager told his players that he wanted his Italian counterpart and friend to win the premiership and therefore insisted that they play sh@t.

It getting ridiculous. When are going to get the credit we deserve?

How many times have pundits mentioned in the last couple of days that Spurs are on top of every statistic. Yes, apart from points won, games won, games lost.

It's only one stat that matters is everyone outside Leicester that fvcking stupid lol lol

I am getting wicked of tired of all this conspiracy sh@t. In the last couple of weeks I have read/heard stories that our success is down to doped players, preferential treatment from refs, opposition players intentionally capitulating when playing against us. After the Swansea match, a Swansea fan phoned radio five and said that he genuinely believed that the Swansea manager told his players that he wanted his Italian counterpart and friend to win the premiership and therefore insisted that they play sh@t.

It getting ridiculous. When are going to get the credit we deserve?

When something as astronomical as this happens in the context of the modern day football climate happen it opens itself up to bizarre theories, as people NEED to find an explanation or root cause of anomalies. This is possibly the most inconceivable thing that any football fan could imagine, that a team that has all the characteristics of a decent just promoted side who managed to stay up would go on to WIN THE LEAGUE and break the Chelsea, City, United monopoly. Then you stack that with the fact that teams like Everton have been in the PL for years and have never mounted a serious title challenge in recent memory. On top of that Leicester have not had a random takeover or influx of big name superstars - they simply hired Ranieri and it happened to be a match made in heaven.

The only way this whole thing is explainable to the masses is by agency of conspiracy theories.

You have a hell of a manager there.

• Like 1

Great post, nice to see Leicester fans staying grounded and not calling for top 4 ascendancy from now on. I think next year is gonna be really really interesting if you win it, because it is a case of whether you believe it to be a "freak" and try to heavily strengthen, or whether you acknowledge this as a phenomenal team spirit that should not be compromised with miscellaneous "big name" additions. 

Depends who goes.

I'm of the opinion certain players in our team will be nigh on impossible to replace no matter how much we get for them due to our inability to attract world class players.

I don't think anyone here is under any illusion that we are going to become a regular fixture at the top of the table, next season I'm sure Claudio will come out with the same thing, "our target is 40 points". It would be amazing to progress in the Champions League, but it will be difficult even if we win the league and go in as top seeds, as it will all be a massive learning curve for everyone at the club (except Ranieri).

The majority of us are just enjoying the ride, of course keeping the squad together, making sensible additions and a credible showing in Europe and we could see the start of something bigger in the long term, but nobody really expects it, nor demands it and if it does happen we will be sure to continue enjoying this ride.

Edited by Captain...

I don't think anyone here is under any illusion that we are going to become a regular fixture at the top of the table, next season I'm sure Claudio will come out with the same thing, "our target is 40 points". It would be amazing to progress in the Champions League, but it will be difficult even if we win the league and go in as top seeds, as it will all be a massive learning curve for everyone at the club (except Ranieri).

The majority of us are just enjoying the ride, of course keeping the squad together, making sensible additions and a credible showing in Europe and we could see the start of something bigger in the long term, but nobody really expects it, nor demands it and if it does happen we will be sure to continue enjoying this ride.

I really hope that is the case for the board too. REALLLLLY don't want to see Ranieri's job on the line for mid-table or something daft next season.

Edited by SpideyDreamerMUFC

I really hope that is the case for the board too. REALLLLLY don't want to see Ranieri's job on the line for mid-table or something daft next season.

Nah, they aren't daft our owners, they showed a huge amount of faith in Pearson when other clubs would have been quick to sack, not just last season when we were rooted to the bottom of the table but in the Championship when we won 1 match in 13.

When they appointed Ranieri they made sure he would be prepared to drop down to the championship with us if we got relegated.

They have shown patience in the past. Pearson getting the boot wasn't football related (We are 99.9% sure, at least). Given what Ranieri has achieved it'll take a lot worse than a midtable finish next year to get sacked I'm pretty confident. 

Exactly this, we know full well that this season is a one-off. If we manage to be in and around it again next season, then that would be incredible.

The established big clubs (United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool) still want us to win. Partly cos half of them can't stand Tottenham.

We're the underdog and they can't catch us. I can guarantee if any of those were in Spurs position we'd be seeing the exact same things written, just with different names.

I am and I am happy to admit it. 

Being where we are today is no fluke. We have some players who stand out however, as yesterday has proved, we are not a one or two man team. We are a collective of very accomplished players. Why should next season be any different? Other teams strengthen but so will we. Other teams have a lot of money but so, now, do we. Other teams can attract world class players but so, now, can we. 

If we win the title we are on a par with the very best teams this league has ever seen and I would wage a large bet that some of the top talent on the planet would be happy to join the premier league champions and playing champions league football. 

To that I expect us to maintain a high position on the table for the coming years. We are now an attractive proposition and our fans should open their eyes to that fact. No longer are we just "little old Leicester". this is not about becoming egotistical, its about striving to better yourself and that is exactly what the business that is Leicester City Football Club WILL be attempting.

Edited by Aeropars

I wonder whether had they not gone for that end of season game to Australia last year they might have made a better start than getting 3 points from 4 games?

If Spurs don't win the title this year that's where they lost it - 4 points from Man United and 3 teams that finished mid-table the year before is not far off relegation form.

I am and I am happy to admit it. 

Being where we are today is no fluke. We have some players who stand out however, as yesterday has proved, we are not a one or two man team. We are a collective of very accomplished players. Why should next season be any different? Other teams strengthen but so will we. Other teams have a lot of money but so, now, do we. Other teams can attract world class players but so, now, can we. 

If we win the title we are on a par with the very best teams this league has ever seen and I would wage a large bet that some of the top talent on the planet would be happy to join the premier league champions and playing champions league football. 

To that I expect us to maintain a high position on the table for the coming years. We are now an attractive proposition and our fans should open their eyes to that fact. No longer are we just "little old Leicester".

Winning the title will not make us more attractive than Man City or Arsenal or even Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool with Klopp. Despite how amazing this season has been and how poor some of the big clubs have been, players look at the long term, and Man City with Pep, playing alongside Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva is more attractive than Leicester and Ranieri playing alongside Vardy, Mahrez and Kante, should we be able to keep them all.

Players will see joining Leicester as a 1 shot deal, and some will take it, but a player coming into his prime and is offered a 4 year deal at Chelsea or United knows that he will spend those 4 years playing in Europe and competing for trophies, he won't  be so sure about 4 years at Leicester. We will have the money to spend £30m, £50, even £100m on a single player, but we don't have the stature within the game to attract them. There is talk of Ronaldo leaving Real (an extreme example) we could afford to buy him and pay his wages, but he would never come here, he would go to United. There is talk of Zlatan going to United, Lukaku going to Chelsea. Even though we have done better than those teams this season we are not a more attractive prospect.

We also have to be aware of who we are and what we have which is fantastic team spirit and attitude, things that can't be bought but can be upset by signing the wrong player, and I don't think we should get into this battle of the bank accounts with other clubs. We  should continue with our plan, scout the leagues for the right player with the right attitude that will buy into what we are doing here, we should build and develop and not try and assemble a really expensive squad of big names.  I would rather have a Deeney or a Shane Long than a "world class" player.

• Like 1