Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

its truly amazing, the bitterness some of the Spurs fans have got, this one claiming we havent earned it, teams havent turned up etc

https://twitter.com/therealbigyid/status/724616562003599364

no wonder hardly anyone like Spurs, 

Every time a Spurs fan says teams haven't turned up against us, I just remind them that Spurs didn't either.

• Like 1

lol

Here's the original article (en français): http://www.mensquare.com/onzemondial/etranger/129983-exclu-interview-mahrez-magazine-301-leicester-france-psg-om

Non, parce que déjà, à la base, je ne voulais même pas aller à Marseille. C’est Kamel (ndlr, son agent) qui a fait la démarche de demander, pour voir. Et le gars de l’OM a répondu ce qu’on sait tous (1). Mais moi, j’étais bien en Angleterre de toute façon. Je voulais aller à Marseille quand j’étais jeune. Mais une fois à Leicester, je m’en foutais d’aller jouer pour l’OM.

The translation might be just a bit embellished, haha. It's more, "Now that I'm with Leicester, I could care less about playing for l'OM."

He might be having torrid time of it at the moment, but Wenger is a very intelligent guy. I think the point he makes about us not being able to play the same way with the same success if we are in multiple competitions is a well made one

I think we play the tactics that we are built for. We have a pace man in Vardy who is as good a one touch finisher as you like. We win a metric shit ton of balls in the midfield and pounce like a ninja. Really don't think Okazaki is built for this style or league (spends half the match eating turf doesn't he), but otherwise just well made, hard working, motivated football.

If the success leads to money which leads to higher profile signings, sure you might see some changes in style as well. We play like we can, and it's up to everyone else to expose it. If Spurs don't care for it, they can look in the mirror and ask why they dropped all those points to those pathetic Foxes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

was gonna make a "spurs excuses" thread or something but probably sound to just put it in here seen as this is where we bitch about spurs and laugh at them. 

am done. their location has stopped them winning the league. POOR SPURS. 

• Like 1

I think we play the tactics that we are built for. We have a pace man in Vardy who is as good a one touch finisher as you like. We win a metric shit ton of balls in the midfield and pounce like a ninja. Really don't think Okazaki is built for this style or league (spends half the match eating turf doesn't he), but otherwise just well made, hard working, motivated football.

If the success leads to money which leads to higher profile signings, sure you might see some changes in style as well. We play like we can, and it's up to everyone else to expose it. If Spurs don't care for it, they can look in the mirror and ask why they dropped all those points to those pathetic Foxes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Exactly. Atleti manage just fine.

You need to have the infrastructure and the leadership in place, and build from there. Our club has those things.

• Like 1

its really quite amazing the amount of bitterness from some Spurs fans, saying we've got lucky, teams not turning up etc, 

bloody hell, they seem to forget that teams havent turned up for them, Utd and stoke didnt tbf, but I guess they dont count, 

cant wait to see what hair brain nonsense they come up with next week :rolleyes:

Jesus wept, Souness is the 'expert' on MNF. He has already wound me up; on the preview he said that Spurs play the most attractive football and would pay to see them play. Can't wait for his objective analysis.

He's going to have to talk about us beating Swansea surely? Going to be fun to watch him squirm.

Jesus wept, Souness is the 'expert' on MNF. He has already wound me up; on the preview he said that Spurs play the most attractive football and would pay to see them play. Can't wait for his objective analysis.

all the more sweeter when win it.

it might be a long shot... but....i would love it if pulis get wba a win tonight 1-0 with his team having 25% posession.

• Like 1

was gonna make a "spurs excuses" thread or something but probably sound to just put it in here seen as this is where we bitch about spurs and laugh at them. 

am done. their location has stopped them winning the league. POOR SPURS. 

We have easier fixtures? Against which sides Tottenham don't get to play against?

its really quite amazing the amount of bitterness from some Spurs fans, saying we've got lucky, teams not turning up etc,

bloody hell, they seem to forget that teams havent turned up for them, Utd and stoke didnt tbf, but I guess they dont count,

cant wait to see what hair brain nonsense they come up with next week :rolleyes:

The spurs fans seem incapable of happiness and humour, theyre having the best season theyve had in a while but are still getting pissed off.

Not to worry, their problem not ours

their all nothing short of a bunch of whiney miserable pr!icks, pundits, spurs fans all moaning about unfair this, and he shouldnt of said that, charge them all with this, moan, moan fvking moan..... and all because Spurs arent top, if they were we wouldnt have all this bullsh!t

they are no better than the people they are pointing fingers at and they are trying to them damn hardest to try and basically spoil and question a fantastic season/story by us!

and i dont want to sit and listen to that w@nker collymore and matterface whinge and moan for the next 2 hours

just a bunch of jealous pr!cks.....

Listen, if it were Arsenal in Spurs' place (lol), we'd be getting the same antagonistic, salty feedback.

No one had us on the radar, we've surprised everyone (even ourselves), and now that it's between us and Tottenham, they naturally turn to prickly mode. Who can deny them that anger and bitterness? 55+ years and no league title. Must be such a drab.... On the other hand, I've heard of a 132-year old institution with similar aspirations...

I wish Spurs fans would be a bit more gracious and look forward to next season. Surely, they'll be No.1 title contender in 2016/2017?

I wish Spurs fans would be a bit more gracious and look forward to next season. Surely, they'll be No.1 title contender in 2016/2017?

My mate is a spurs fan and we were out Saturday for a fab night drinking and chatting. He even text me the next morning congratulating us hammering Swansea. They're not all bitter. He was saying any Spurs fan knocking Leicester at this point on how we play should give their head a shake.

Clean sheets have something to do with it too... Lose less games if you keep clean sheets...

yes completely. It perhaps seems to imply that we have just been incredibly consistently good whereas they have been sporadically great. Its the former that wins things.