Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

And a separate post for this gem of a detailed analysis of why we won't win the league (from a point with 9 games to go).
  Obviously there is still a chance that these people could be proved right, but their arguments for why we won't win are starting to look very spurious indeed.  So what does this say for the state of football punditry/commentary in this country? That a lot of the time it's little more than simple guesswork anyway :-)

http://footybooty.com/index.php/2016/03/09/leicester-city-premier-league-champions/

The line I like in the JustArsenal "Why Leicester won't win the league" article is:

"LC play against Sunderland, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, and Watford on the run in. All these teams will be more than satisfied with taking a single point off of Leicester". 

All those teams would have been more than satisfied with taking a single point off us - and NONE of them did. Indeed, none of them even scored a goal against us!  :D

That article on TFC is hilarious. 'But-but-but-but what about our net spend fairytale??' - how sad can you get? Love how they highlight the fact that they've scored the most and conceded the fewest, yet they never seem to mention the fact that we've WON the most and LOST the fewest. Oh, and don't forget that they took just one point off of us all season.

So much bitterness from Spurs fans, it's ridiculous. For all their fancy style, they've never been consistent enough, and have bottled it at the times it really mattered - last night being a prime example.

What I find even more insulting are these mad claims that we'll be getting relegated next season, while they've got the league sewn up for decades apparently. I don't think anyone on here is expecting us to win the league again next year, but relegation? Has there ever been any team in any league who have won the thing and then been relegated the next season? Absolute jokers. And do they seriously think they stand no competition from Guardiola's Man City, Conte's Chelsea, Klopp's Liverpool and a potential Mourinho-led Man United? They're utterly deluded if so.

All they talk about is how us winning is a sign that the league is weak, but they've benefitted from that too yet they still couldn't finish top of the pile. How is that going to be any different next season when these resurgent teams come back into play?

I had absolutely no axe to grind with Spurs before this season, but now I honestly hope they completely crash and burn. Bunch of absolutely deluded, bitter ****wits.

• Like 3

That article on TFC is hilarious. 'But-but-but-but what about our net spend fairytale??' - how sad can you get? Love how they highlight the fact that they've scored the most and conceded the fewest, yet they never seem to mention the fact that we've WON the most and LOST the fewest. Oh, and don't forget that they took just one point off of us all season.

So much bitterness from Spurs fans, it's ridiculous. For all their fancy style, they've never been consistent enough, and have bottled it at the times it really mattered - last night being a prime example.

What I find even more insulting are these mad claims that we'll be getting relegated next season, while they've got the league sewn up for decades apparently. I don't think anyone on here is expecting us to win the league again next year, but relegation? Has there ever been any team in any league who have won the thing and then been relegated the next season? Absolute jokers. And do they seriously think they stand no competition from Guardiola's Man City, Conte's Chelsea, Klopp's Liverpool and a potential Mourinho-led Man United? They're utterly deluded if so.

All they talk about is how us winning is a sign that the league is weak, but they've benefitted from that too yet they still couldn't finish top of the pile. How is that going to be any different next season when these resurgent teams come back into play?

I had absolutely no axe to grind with Spurs before this season, but now I honestly hope they completely crash and burn. Bunch of absolutely deluded, bitter ****wits.

I like the delusion that they sweep everyone aside whilst we only win 1-0. They've scored two goals more than us FFS, and as it stands they have scored either 0 or 1 in more matches than we have. Their record is totally warped by a couple of spankings.

Nice company Pardew is keeping in the photo in this article:

alan-pardew-nightclub.jpg?w=594

No wonder Palace crashed and burned second half of the season. The poor lad obviously had a lot of distractions.

Should have concentrated on playing 2 up front.  :whistle:

I'm glad Man City have now scored more goals and than Tottenham. Got sick of constantly hearing how they are Brazil 1970 for scoring a MASSIVE 2 more goals than us.

Nice company Pardew is keeping in the photo in this article:

alan-pardew-nightclub.jpg?w=594

No wonder Palace crashed and burned second half of the season. The poor lad obviously had a lot of distractions.

Should have concentrated on playing 2 up front. :whistle:

I'D PLAY WITH HER TWO UP FRONT OLE BOING BOING

Lets be honest - Spurs didn't bottle it last night, it's hard work chasing all the time and they looked fatigued. I also wonder if ponch would have been better letting his players go to the PFA awards the night before - keep them relaxed.

If you look back at the season though, they bottled it the week that we drew to WBA - that was their chance to gain 2 points and they lost! 

Lets be honest - Spurs didn't bottle it last night, it's hard work chasing all the time and they looked fatigued. I also wonder if ponch would have been better letting his players go to the PFA awards the night before - keep them relaxed.

If you look back at the season though, they bottled it the week that we drew to WBA - that was their chance to gain 2 points and they lost!

Agree. I don't think they bottled it. We just turned into a ruthless winning machine for weeks, pulling out results left right and centre. They bottled it the week we drew to WBA and they lost to West Ham. The following weekend they were 2-1 up against 10 men Arsenal and bottled it again, we then went Watford away in the late kick off and won 1-0 to move 5 points clear. After that we never looked back.

Lowest net spend, yeah it helps if you sell players for huge sums of money every summer.

That is the most deluded egotistical piece of self absorbed journalism that I have ever read. I mean first world problems?

Nah, bottled that second half, big time.

Quite the opposite I think you've got the post the wrong way round, they bottled nothing against West Ham just beaten by a better team on the night.

Arsenal was a total bottle job. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

And so I say bollocks to any Spurs fans that have had a pop at us, and that's at least 90% of them.

It's no time to be bitter, JJJS. Let those mouthy individuals be bitter and just enjoy it. Be honest, no matter how hard they try, they won't be remotely able to remove the sweet taste in your mouth right now.

We're on the cusp of one of the most amazing achievements ever and of course others are going to be jealous. That's perfectly human. Just be glad you're a Leicester supporter these days :)

Has there ever been any team in any league who have won the thing and then been relegated the next season?

I know of one! Herfølge BK won the Danish league in 1999/00 under John Jensen (Yes, the Arsenal 'legend') and were relegated the following season. It's the closest example to a 'Leicester' in Danish league history too.

The thing with that Spurs forum is not only the fact that some of there fans hate us and have nothing nice to say but they also have threads on other teams that are of no relevance to them and just talk shit about them any chance they get.

I can't believe that this is filled with fans that go to matches it just seems to be a place where trolls with any association to Tottenham go to do their trolling it a complete embarrassment.

It's no time to be bitter, JJJS. Let those mouthy individuals be bitter and just enjoy it. Be honest, no matter how hard they try, they won't be remotely able to remove the sweet taste in your mouth right now.

We're on the cusp of one of the most amazing achievements ever and of course others are going to be jealous. That's perfectly human. Just be glad you're a Leicester supporter these days :)

Oh of course I'm glad*, and not the slightest bit bitter. But you can't mouth off like a chump for months and then pretend that you're happy with being runners up. Sleep in the bed you've pissed in, Spurs fans!

*I'm still somewhat cautious seeing as we haven't actually won it yet. As soon as it happens, I thinking goading Spurs fans will be bottom of my priority list!

• Like 1

We're not even "the new kid"! lol

Poor allegories all over the place! Must be tough getting "bullied" by Arsenal or Chelsea fans all the time. They have my utmost sympathies.

If people can't acknowledge that our rise signifies one of the most unique and spectacular stories in football EVER, then they're nothing but deluded. Or ignorant. Or both.

Fairytales are indeed powerful stories containing eternal wisdom based on real-life experiences - they're just wrapped in a more accessible form in order to teach us morale and values at an early age already, so the message seeps through more easily.

They're only "not real" if you fail to grasp their core content or abstain from believing in them.

"Real life" is also that - despite Tottenham's great style of play (and that I admit) - they're still in second place. The truth (or "reality") lies in the table.

We’re actually the best team in the league.

Erm, no you're not.

I'm trying to stay dignified and enjoy our success (hopefully) without taking pleasure in the failure of other teams. 

But some Arsenal (though they've all piped down now) and mostly Spurs fans are so bitter and hypocritical its incredibly hard not to stick the boot in, at least a little bit!

totally off topic, if we win the league I wonder if they'll put a star on the shirt or above the badge or something, 

lets hope not. very tacky. what would Liverpool or Man United shirts look like if they did that.

Now the year after when we've won the champions league............ :D

• Like 1