Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Keep hearing Spurs fans on phone ins saying they have statistically the best defence and the best attack in the League.

They don't.

They can't have we have won 3 games more than them and are 7 points clear.

They just can't handle the Huth!

I hear people like "oh I hope Spurs win it next year". Not for me, not with the way some of their fans have acted. I like Pochettino and I hope he eventually wins the PL if he stays in this country, just not at Tottenham. I never liked them anyway, dislike them even more after the way some of their fans act.

This season alone we've been on top for four times as long as Tottenham have in the history of the premier league. We've been to league one and back on that time. Remind me as to why they're so big and deserve the title?

they're in London, that's it, if they were based in Kidderminster no one would give 2 shits about them

I hear people like "oh I hope Spurs win it next year". Not for me, not with the way some of their fans have acted. I like Pochettino and I hope he eventually wins the PL if he stays in this country, just not at Tottenham. I never liked them anyway, dislike them even more after the way some of their fans act.

Levy will sell a star off in the summer at a point where they cannot be replaced, Harry Kane to Madrid to replace Benzema

This season alone we've been on top for four times as long as Tottenham have in the history of the premier league. We've been to league one and back on that time. Remind me as to why they're so big and deserve the title?

As I saw one Spurs fan say "we have heritage". :rolleyes:

Leicester fan and former editor of the Economist - "This column should begin with a financial disclosure -- of the writer’s own ineptitude. For around 20 years, every August I have bet 20 pounds on Leicester City to win their league. The wall of my office at The Economist in London was festooned with the resulting betting stubs, to be mocked by my colleagues who followed more successful teams. True, Leicester did once finish second -- but that was back in the 1928-29 season; their main battle in my lifetime has been to avoid relegation, a struggle they have lost seven times. Last summer, having moved to New York to work for Bloomberg, I missed making my routine bet; the odds being offered on Leicester winning the title were 5,000-1, but, somewhere deep down, I assumed it was 20 pounds ($29) saved." - 

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2016-04-26/leicester-city-dirty-dozen-or-harvard-case-study

A Spurs fan talking sense!  :blink:

Leigh Richards 

this spurs title race talk is largely a media creation. we've never been top of the league all season and we havent been within less than 5 points of leicester for 2 months. so talk of spurs 'cracking' under the pressure of a title race are well wide of the mark. all we've done is give leicester a reason to keep looking over their shoulder - we were never really in danger of catching or overhauling them.

last nite's second half shows how vulnerable we are to teams who try to physically bully us, and a message for pochettino about the need to bring in a player who can bolster us physically when needed. when you consider all the wonderful players who have worn the famous white shirt over the last 5 decades it would be a wonderful achievement for this side if it can hold on to second place, and enable spurs to finish in their highest league position since the beatles were appearing on totp.

http://www.theguardian.com/discussion/p/4tk2g?page=3