Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Fair enough they're being optimistic, but where is the logic in saying Leicester will draw with Swansea. We're top of the form table. They lost 3-0 the week before to relegation fodder. They're safe. We're miles better than them. Swansea are 15th for a reason.

The Barclays Premier League trophy is set to tour around the city on Friday.

It will be taken to the Leicester Mercury, BBC Radio Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary and the Humberstone Gate branch of Barclays, where it will be from 1.30pm to 3pm.

The trophy is being paraded around the city as part of the Backing the Blues campaign, being run by the Leicester Mercury and BBC Radio Leicester.

Football fans will be able to take a picture of themselves with the trophy in exchange for a £2 donation towards Leicester City's Foxes Foundation charities.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Barclays-Premier-League-trophy-set-tour-Leicester/story-29180594-detail/story.html#ixzz470zHSs7J 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Fair enough they're being optimistic, but where is the logic in saying Leicester will draw with Swansea. We're top of the form table. They lost 3-0 the week before to relegation fodder. They're safe. We're miles better than them. Swansea are 15th for a reason.

To be fair, a fair few on this forum thought we would struggle against Swansea.

It will be taken to the Leicester Mercury, BBC Radio Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary and the Humberstone Gate branch of Barclays, where it will be from 1.30pm to 3pm.

The trophy is being paraded around the city as part of the Backing the Blues campaign, being run by the Leicester Mercury and BBC Radio Leicester.

Football fans will be able to take a picture of themselves with the trophy in exchange for a £2 donation towards Leicester City's Foxes Foundation charities.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Barclays-Premier-League-trophy-set-tour-Leicester/story-29180594-detail/story.html#ixzz470zHSs7J 

They couldn't possibly have waited until the title was sealed, could they?

I really don't like this. Parade it AFTER we've (hopefully) won it, not while we're still fighting for it!

That is ridiculous. Who ever came up with that is crazy.

We will look the most stupid fans in the world ever if peoples photos are snapped holding the trophy in the kits and we go on and blow it.

I thought we had looking at this site.

We're in a great position... but getting nothing from United and drawing against Everton is hardly unrealistic. Absolutely hate people acting like it's done and dusted.

And just as you say that... :rolleyes:

Any bets Radio Leicester and the Mercury are behind this shit.

Edited by Babylon

The trophy goes all around the country, hardly tinpot and it's likely to raise some money for charities.

It's stupid, they could do it after we've actually won something, talk about counting your chickens. No doubt they'll invite the Sky cameras down so the Merc and Stringer can get their publicity, whilst making Leicester fans look like a bunch of idiots.

We don't win against United and Spurs beat Chelsea there are going to be some people starting to shit it again.

It's stupid, they could do it after we've actually won something, talk about counting your chickens. No doubt they'll invite the Sky cameras down so the Merc and Stringer can get their publicity, whilst making Leicester fans look like a bunch of idiots.

We don't win against United and Spurs beat Chelsea there are going to be some people starting to shit it again.

How will it make us look like idiots?

I think the country is well aware that we haven't won it yet and that this is simply a money spinner for charity. Some kids will get the chance to have their photo taken alongside it. If Spurs fans or whoever want to laugh at that then that says more about them than it does us.

All in all, it's not a big deal.

It's only natural that fans will get over excited. The rest of the football world on social media practically handed us the trophy on Monday night after Pulisball. Even Spurs fans were discussing how to co consolidate 2nd. We haven't won it yet of course but fans will be fans. Emotions have taken over.

The "campaign" was initiated two weeks ago, so it smells a bit of tinpot.

But can you really blame local businesses trying to profit from the occasion?

Nothing wrong with it once we win it that is for sure... the problem is it isn't really an occasion until it is sealed

Piece on the website of German magazine 11 Freunde - talking to Leicester fans and Bochum lads who came over for Southampton. Apparently the full article will be its cover story for this month's edition, due out in the next couple of days.

http://www.11freunde.de/node/345984

Some nutter in the commentary section reckons we're only top because the FA and the Premier League want us to do so in order to re-ignite the love for football or to cause artificial justice by fixing it all in our favour.

Sure, other teams play worse on purpose just to "gift" us the title... lol

Hello Foxes,

I am from Germany, sorry my english ist not so good.
This is my question. I love the story and i will go to the airplaine, to the Masterparty, because their write english football history:)
If you win the trophy, what a day is the party in leicester?
Is this after monday from Chelsea Play?
Questin is for the flight ticking.

I am so hot, when coming the moment............

Greeting from Dynamo Dresden

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with it once we win it that is for sure... the problem is it isn't really an occasion until it is sealed

I know and share the sentiment, but in today's capitalist system, you'll always get businesses trying to get in early. They have to prepare in advance if they're smart. Otherwise, they'd be left with nothing to sell on the day.

Hello Foxes,

I am from Germany, sorry my english ist not so good.

This is my question. I love the story and i will go to the airplaine, to the Masterparty, because their write english football history:)

If you win the trophy, what a day is the party in leicester?

Is this after monday from Chelsea Play?

Questin is for the flight ticking.

I am so hot, when coming the moment............

Greeting from Dynamo Dresden

I hope google translate had something to do with this.

But basically this is how I feel about football right now.

I like the idea of a master party too.