Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I love how all of a sudden Leicester fans think they are elitist and among the big clubs.

They don't seem to realise this is just a freak season and a one off never to be repeated. It has happened before with Blackburn and Greece, and look what happened to both of them..

Next season they will be the same as last season and back to relegation scraps.

Don't remember any Leicester fans coming on here before acting all big and brave..

Bunch of absolute ***** the lot of them.. Lets see how many want to come on here halfway through next season.

How many of these ***** were such big fans when they were in the lower leagues playing in front of 8,000 fans?

The sooner they realise that freaks do happen and they are not this super club they think they are the better.

Watching them in the CL and in the prem next season will be hilarious and they will all crawl back under their rocks.

:crylaugh:

Edited by Mark_w

Leicester City stand on the brink of a remarkable Premier League title... but who are the men behind their success? 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3563184/Leicester-stand-brink-remarkable-Premier-League-title-men-success.html#ixzz4799dHNyF 

Nice article, some on there I'd never heard of.

I can't see Nigel Pearsons name anywhere

Exactly.

Atletico had 26% possession last night against Bayern. Granted its Bayern, but even in league games they can win 2-0 and have 40% possession against mediocre bottom half sides.

That's why I laugh at people who suggest we will struggle next season. We had 38% possession against Swansea and we beat them 4-0. I bet Souness was fuming.

I hope we beat United with 11% possession. The outrage will be hilarious lol

Edit: I also wanna add that Bayern made 223 passes last night. Atletico made 61. And we get crucified for having one of the lowest passing stats in the PL.

Watching the game last night it didn't feel like Atletico had that low a possession amount because like us, and it didn't feel like they were ever not in control.  When they have the ball they are doing something usually positive with it, driving forward to score then keeping their shape to defend and stifle the opposition when they don't have the ball. This is how I feel when we play, it doesn't feel like we barely touch the ball as we seem to control the game and make chances.

It is annoying when our stats are used against us, the Swansea game we had 38% possession, 9 shots on target scoring 4, our efficiency should be praised.  

For all the possession Spurs have had, they have only scored 2 more but won 3 less games than us.  Grinding out a 1-0 win could've won them the league.

I can't see Nigel Pearsons name anywhere

Second paragraph.

Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante have rightly hogged the headlines, Claudio Ranieri has been hailed as a genius, and Nigel Pearson remains a footnote that no-one can forget for his work in setting up this dream scenario.

Manchester United v Leicester (Super Sunday, 2.05pm, live on Sky Sports 1 HD)

If you're a Manchester United fan you don't want Leicester winning the Premier League on Sunday, that would be the last thing you need. If you're the manager of Manchester

United and that happens you're in severe trouble.

Louis van Gaal is under pressure as it is. I know they're in the FA Cup final, but if this team get beat at home, Leicester will win the league in front of 75,000 Manchester United fans, who aren't going to be happy with that. No disrespect but if little Leicester go to big Manchester United and win the league - it's embarrassing I'm afraid.

The story of winning it is unreal, but to put the icing on the cake and go and win it at one of the biggest football clubs in the world? Honestly, I've already thrown the book I'm reading into the sea because of Leicester.

But I don't think it will happen, though, and Manchester United will win this game. I was very impressed with them in the first half of the FA Cup semi-final, and with Wayne Rooney playing a bit deeper they're a better team.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Oh bore off Merson, you absolute arse, "little Leicester", "embarrasing i'm afraid".

Edited by Matt

Let's come second, that extra few million instead of winning the ultimate English trophy for the first time in our history could come in handy!

Stating a fact doesn't mean that's what you want to happen.

You could argue that us being in pot 4 compared to pot 1 would limit our chances of getting out of the group stage and earning extra money from an extended run.

Other than that, what a pointless bit of news. Though I suppose obvious facts is just a bit better than some idiot millennial telling us how we won't believe something that is incredibly believable.

Surely being champions will attract more money in sponsorship and 'commercial partners'. Also isn't it an extra 10 million champions league tv money for each place higher in the top 4 you finish.

Edited by IOWFOX
  • Like 1

That post that Mark_w quoted is fantastic. Back to the lower league with 8,000 crowds? We haven't averaged fewer than 10k for over 100 years and have managed at least 20k a season since 2002 including 23k in our worst ever season in 2008.

That post that Mark_w quoted is fantastic. Back to the lower league with 8,000 crowds? We haven't averaged fewer than 10k for over 100 years and have managed at least 20k a season since 2002 including 23k in our worst ever season in 2008.

I went looking for it after reading your post.

Here it is:

"I love how all of a sudden Leicester fans think they are elitist and among the big clubs.

They don't seem to realise this is just a freak season and a one off never to be repeated. It has happened before with Blackburn and Greece, and look what happened to both of them..

Next season they will be the same as last season and back to relegation scraps.

Don't remember any Leicester fans coming on here before acting all big and brave..

Bunch of absolute ***** the lot of them.. Lets see how many want to come on here halfway through next season.

How many of these ***** were such big fans when they were in the lower leagues playing in front of 8,000 fans?

The sooner they realise that freaks do happen and they are not this super club they think they are the better.

Watching them in the CL and in the prem next season will be hilarious and they will all crawl back under their rocks."

:crylaugh:

Unbelievable! Why do I suddenly fancy some sour grapes?