Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

If we can keep these kids attention, they could end up with the club in their 'blood' and unable to disconnect if we become shit again! Reckon the father will be back at anfield sooner rather than later.

Don't want the kids attention. They can fvck off back to watching Chelsea on Sky.

That makes me sick, how can you possibly ever change teams? So many people on the bandwagon depriving lifelong City followers of tickets. Go back and support Liverpool you fair weather ****.

Surely lifelong Leicester fans who were willing to prioritize going to Leicester games and financially able to have season tickets, already had them when this guy started following us two seasons ago. I imagine the number of Leicester fans who couldn't afford a season ticket when we were in the Championship, but who could now we're set to win the league is relatively small. I'd suggest that a much greater proportion of the people clambering for tickets will also be fair weather fans (though perhaps not of the I used to support X variety), there's no subjective way of determining who is committed to the club, but the 20odd thousand who had season tickets when we were in the second tier still do, which is all you can really ask for. It's not like the club provided no opportunities for us to get ahead in the queue.

• Like 1

Don't want the kids attention. They can fvck off back to watching Chelsea on Sky.

Supporting the city should only be reserved for the select few then or only people born here?

What p#sses me off is this attitude of having a divine right above others.

they can all support who the **** they want... it won't make any differance. People who really want season tickets will get them

Edited by SpinneyHillRanger

Surely lifelong Leicester fans who were willing to prioritize going to Leicester games and financially able to have season tickets, already had them when this guy started following us two seasons ago. I imagine the number of Leicester fans who couldn't afford a season ticket when we were in the Championship, but who could now we're set to win the league is relatively small. I'd suggest that a much greater proportion of the people clambering for tickets will also be fair weather fans (though perhaps not of the I used to support X variety), there's no subjective way of determining who is committed to the club, but the 20odd thousand who had season tickets when we were in the second tier still do, which is all you can really ask for. It's not like the club provided no opportunities for us to get ahead in the queue. 

Yes, but those who weren't financially able to have them? To use myself as an example, I had a season ticket for 8 seasons during our absolute nadir of Levein to League One, then the Sven saga, and had to give it up when I moved away for university; £40 a week train travel wasn't financially viable. I don't expect to come back and be able to just walk back into my old seat, but having watched us through all that shite, where if you had a favourite player it was probably Iain Hume because he wasn't quite as shit as the rest, to come back and have essentially lost out to people who were following Liverpool from their sofa and only started supporting us when it was convenient sticks in the craw.

• Like 3

You cannot change teams, EVER. You support your team and that is it.

I can't even understand people supporting teams outside of where they were born to be honest. I have mates who are born and bred Leicester, lived here all their lives, but support Liverpool.

But changing teams after a few years or choosing the team currently doing well is so pathetic it is beyond plastic.

Yes, but those who weren't financially able to have them? To use myself as an example, I had a season ticket for 8 seasons during our absolute nadir of Levein to League One, then the Sven saga, and had to give it up when I moved away for university; £40 a week train travel wasn't financially viable. I don't expect to come back and be able to just walk back into my old seat, but having watched us through all that shite, where if you had a favourite player it was probably Iain Hume because he wasn't quite as shit as the rest, to come back and have essentially lost out to people who were following Liverpool from their sofa and only started supporting us when it was convenient sticks in the craw.

You're clearly more deserving of a ticket than the ex-Liverpool fan (I think at a certain age you've got to forgive kids casting aside the club they've glory supported and instead supporting their local team - though it's distasteful that they did it when we became a Premier League club) and I do sympathize. I know I'm being a bit callous about it, I'm in much the same situation in that I can't get to either away game and I know there will be people less committed who can afford to buy a ticket in the home end and be there, but at the end of the day the most committed people will have tickets so I can live with it. I'm not saying it was the wrong decision (far from it), but you prioritized your education over football, knowing that you might miss out on games that are important (although I imagine like me when you were deciding you were thinking more along the lines of missing away play-off semi-finals rather than missing home matches where we lift the Premier League *fingers crossed*). I'm not saying it's entirely fair, there's no way of making it entirely fair, but I think rather than getting angry about it on Foxes Talk those who are missing out on any of these three games should enjoy watching it at home and take solace in the fact that those who have consistently prioritized football over everything else will be at them.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Supporting the city should only be reserved for the select few then or only people born here?

What p#sses me off is this attitude of having a divine right above others.

they can all support who the **** they want... it won't make any differance. People who really want season tickets will get them

The point is the dad supported Liverpool and the kids supported Chelsea.

You don't change teams just because someone is doing better.

As far as I'm concerned, they can all fvck right off.

I'll gladly apologise if we end up in League one again and they renew their season tickets.

I have a hunch they won't though.

I can't even understand people supporting teams outside of where they were born to be honest. I have mates who are born and bred Leicester, lived here all their lives, but support Liverpool.

But changing teams after a few years or choosing the team currently doing well is so pathetic it is beyond plastic.

I totally agree... But it's not factoring into account the world has changed. We now have Thai owners and they do stuff which wouldn't have been the thing to do even 20-30 years ago. Leicester has changed for better or for worse (it can be argued)... People have different mindsets, culturally different. Like how south Americans players for example diving and cheating is considered clever... Whereas by most fans in this country its disliked.

Same goes for these plastics if you want to call them that. We can't understand when we look at it from a traditional point of view...

For me, if you want to watch city you will find a way. If you can't afford it and someone else can, plastic or not... I wish 'em all the best. If they support the team, singat the games and teach the next generation to support this city... I don't have any issues with that. If they all f&&& off when we become shit again so be it

I'll speak here as a fan of Leicester for 43 years - who has lived away from the city for 27 years now and has occasionally - 3 or 4 games a season - been to watch away and home - cups and league. It does annoy me that I haven't been able to get tx this season - but that irritation is more than balanced by being able to appreciate the joy - life joy - of long time supporters. I envy those season ticket holders who were there in the "dark ages" because I am dreaming - you are living the dream. Latecomers will never understand.

Look at it this way, you will enjoy it much more than any fair weather fan will, that's how I cope at least  :P It does gut me that I can't go after being there in the bad times and "fans" like that will, but I'm just glad it's happening regardless.  

'Top 5 Leicester City Underdog Story Facts' - just came across this while putting off uni work, Schmeichel's singing at the end makes me cringe lol

Is that narrated by a computer?

Pretty much 99% with this.

However. My middle son is possibly one of those missing out though and Im sure there will be a few like him.

He is 22, he has had a season ticket since he was 6 with me in the old pen 1 of filbert Street, then L1 when the Walkers opened and then P block of the Family stand ( a few of us moved because we hated the drum).

4 years ago he went off to Chichester Uni. A bit far for him to justify having a season ticket, so we just got him a ticket for games he could get to. The promotion season he probably got to about 10 home and away games, same last season. This season he is back in Leicester and has just started work. He couldn't get a season ticket as they sold out. It has been ****ing tough but I've managed some how to get him some tickets home and away (For example I even let him have my ticket for West Brom away).

With us having the season we've had he'll never be able to get a season ticket for next year, who is going to give their's up?

My middle son is Leicester through and through, but he can't get to the Everton game (let alone Man U and Chelsea).

So there are some 'real' fans who can't get tickets. I feel really bad for him (not bad enough to let him have my season ticket for the Everton game though)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I was richer, then maybe we could've just kept his season ticket on while he was away at Uni.

But I won't criticise too much the bandwagon jumpers, it was always going to happen, it's part of being successful and I wouldn't give up this wonderful season just because we've attracted some bandwagoners (is that even a word?).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36160621

Says it all "A lifelong Liverpool fan until Leicester were promoted to the Premier League."

What a cnut

I'm  more disturbed by how this person got 2 tickets  for the Swansea  game

Nicola Butler, 33, from Ratby, Leicestershire, admits she was never a football fan until the start of this season.

"I don't know anyone who hasn't been caught up in this story. Even my granddad, who lives near Liverpool, wants Leicester to win.

"Whatever happens everyone really just can't believe we have come this far."

_89507475_13096015_10156832025765503_217Image copyrightNicola ButlerImage captionNicola Butler took her dad Mike, who usually supports Liverpool and Coventry City, to the game against Swansea and says she has become hooked

As a treat for her dad's 60th birthday, Mrs Butler bought tickets to her first ever football game to watch Leicester play Swansea City last weekend.

I was born and bred in Leeds, but as my old man was from Leicester and a lifelong fan, LCFC is all I've ever known. All of my childhood, my family tried to turn me to Leeds, they were a huge club at that time too. I would be asked at school, 'how come you support Leicester when you're from Leeds?' For years it was an unfashionable choice, and the constant stick I got just made me love Leicester more and hate Leeds.

On your point about changing teams and not supporting your local team... what do you expect people who grow up not supporting their local team?

Stop being so self richeous and closed minded.

Be happy that the foxes all over the world are enjoying this season just as much as you!

Is that narrated by a computer?

Watch Mojo is a Youtube channel that do top tens on movies, anime, series and all sorts of stuff, with various American presenters.

That they are doing stuff on Leicester shows how far we have pushed our name out there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36160621

Says it all "A lifelong Liverpool fan until Leicester were promoted to the Premier League."

What a cnut

How did the bbc think this was a good story to run with? They managed to find someone who openly admitted they had zero interest in their local club until they started winning stuff. Then he piles in with both feet. Makes terrible reading.

Guy has no shame whatsoever.

Probably find him pictured at West Ham/ Liverpool (insert successful team) next year being interviewed by the bbc.

• Like 1

How did the bbc think this was a good story to run with? They managed to find someone who openly admitted they had zero interest in their local club until they started winning stuff. Then he piles in with both feet. Makes terrible reading.

Guy has no shame whatsoever.

Probably find him pictured at West Ham/ Liverpool (insert successful team) next year being interviewed by the bbc.

The worst part is it looks like he's got at least five tickets there, whereas in struggling to get one in the away end. What an absolute piece of shit.

• Like 1