Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I think some of you need to calm down about Ash Patel. He's not the only one who's jumped on the bandwagon - it's a trapping of success. I hope he remains a fan and keeps putting money into the club. It's how the club grows and maintains Prem status.

I'd like everyone to jump on the party bus. We all got into supporting Leicester in different ways.

The point about prioritising those of us who were there in the League One days is a very good one though.

• Like 3

Fair play to Nicola Butler and her Liverpool and Cov supporting dad for

getting a ticket to their 1st Leicester game against Swansea.

I'm a silver member who was desperate to go but couldn't get a ticket.

You couldn't make it up.

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

I think some of you need to calm down about Ash Patel. He's not the only one who's jumped on the bandwagon - it's a trapping of success. I hope he remains a fan and keeps putting money into the club. It's how the club grows and maintains Prem status.

I'd like everyone to jump on the party bus. We all got into supporting Leicester in different ways.

The point about prioritising those of us who were there in the League One days is a very good one though.

But most if not all end up losing interesting when not competing for titles . Example being moving from supporting Liverpool to Leicester, means that the likely outcome is he won't be such a big fan once things don't go so right

But most if not all end up losing interesting when not competing for titles . Example being moving from supporting Liverpool to Leicester, means that the likely outcome is he won't be such a big fan once things don't go so right

Maybe. Maybe not. The buzz of supporting your local team is infectious. It's real football. His kids will be hooked now.

It sucks that people can't get tickets when Cov fans can. I'm in the same boat for the Everton game. But I find it hard to get riled up when it's a direct result of this mindblowing success that's seen our global profile raised to unimaginable levels.

Can't believe he was happy to have his shameful story published. What an arsehole

"I didn't think about supporting my own city because we wanted to watch the bigger players and it was all about winning matches."

I'd rank him somewhere between dog excrement and Robert Mugabe

If he wants to see bigger players he should get down his local park on a Sunday morning.

What i dont like about people like ash patel is that soon as things change he'll be the 1st to be on the life boat and am sure he was them fools who said Leicester haha they will never win anything and go bragging about how his Liverpool won this and that. Am all up for new fans supporting Leicester but not him whos clearly a sheep

This.

Garth Crooks includes Morgan and Simpson in the Team of the Week and includes this in Morgan's writeup

"Should referee Michael Oliver have awarded Manchester United a penalty for the foul on Memphis Depay with minutes of this match to spare? Of course he should have, but Leicester earned a little luck."

The fvck does that have to do with Morgan? Doesn't mention Rojo on Mahrez either. Cvnt.

Pretty much every one of these people who are struggling to get tickets now claim they were there in League 1. Surely, they can't all have been there otherwise we would have sold out every week.

It reminds me of the stat that 98% of Man U fans have never been to Old Trafford but every single one you meet claims he is part of the 2%.

• Like 2

Fair play to Nicola Butler and her Liverpool and Cov supporting dad for

getting a ticket to their 1st Leicester game against Swansea.

I'm a silver member who was desperate to go but couldn't get a ticket.

You couldn't make it up.

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Maybe they were given/bought the tickets off someone who couldn't go.

Pretty much every one of these people who are struggling to get tickets now claim they were there in League 1. Surely, they can't all have been there otherwise we would have sold out every week.

It reminds me of the stat that 98% of Man U fans have never been to Old Trafford but every single one you meet claims he is part of the 2%.

There's a degree of that but also a bunch of people like me who weren't ST holders but went a few times (about half a dozen times, personally) that season.

There was one on the radio yesterday who claimed he'd "been a fan for a couple of years now... since League 1." Hmmm. Maybe he doesn't know what "couple" means, or maybe he doesn't know what the 2nd and 3rd tier are called. Either way, I smell bullshit.

I didn't go every week in League 1 but I was there when I could, including some shit aways. You trying to say I can't say I supported the team at that point in it's history because I didn't go every week?

well all depends on their definition of "there", 

i agree with you, most were probably not "there" as i only remember the ground being full on about 4/5 occasions that seasons, maybe less, away's were mostly full from what I remember,

So they cant grumble imo, even if we say increased the KP's capacity, when we start doing crap again, all those "fans" will tale off, kinda like whats happened with Cardiff 

can understand why people couldnt come everyweek though tbh

Edited by FrankieADZ

I didn't go every week in League 1 but I was there when I could, including some shit aways. You trying to say I can't say I supported the team at that point in it's history because I didn't go every week?

I didn't say that. I'm not calling any one person a liar (especially someone I don't know and have never met).

If you've moved away from Leicester, that's understandable but there's a lot of people in media interviews and on here who moan about not being able to get tickets. A lot of them are saying they were there in League One when in actual fact, they were never bothered about getting tickets when we weren't top of the league.

Edited by Danizen

Exactly, he couldn't have been a lifelong Liverpool supporter as the many I know, one who's dad was in the crush at Hillsborough, wouldn't dream of supporting anyone else as it means so much.as they have been through so much as a club.

There was one on the radio yesterday who claimed he'd "been a fan for a couple of years now... since League 1." Hmmm. Maybe he doesn't know what "couple" means, or maybe he doesn't know what the 2nd and 3rd tier are called. Either way, I smell bullshit.

There was a bloke on 606 who was ringing in saying he wanted Spurs to win so we could win it at home, him and his mates had been going down the KP for the last 6 months.

I didn't say that. I'm not calling any one person a liar (especially someone I don't know and have never met).

If you've moved away from Leicester, that's understandable but there's a lot of people in media interviews and on here who moan about not being able to get tickets. A lot of them are saying they were there in League One when in actual fact, they were never bothered about getting tickets when we weren't top of the league.

A lot of them may well have been there in League 1. On top of the 18000 or so STs we had that year, there were probably another 20000 (at least!) who went to individual games over the course of the season. Now it comes to us potentially lifting the trophy on Saturday, add the 18K STs to the 20K who were there in League 1, and you've got a lot of people missing out. Although I didn't get to many games in League 1 due to my situation with work, I'd still feel annoyed if I didn't have a ticket for Saturday, and some bloke who openly says he supported Liverpool a couple of years ago, did.  

fabulous little article on the telegraph from yesterday about how we are the "worst champions of all time" because our goal difference is less than +32.

What people need to start saying when protesting their point of not being a plastic is "I was there pre-League One."

Many years before League One is when it was really dire, boring mid table seasons and battling it out down the bottom of the Championship.

Winning, successful football, whether it be in League One or the Premier League is easy to support, jump on the bandwagon with, I think you'll find our attendances rose in League One compared to the previous seasons in the Championship, because we were doing well and winning.

Besides since our League One season on a whole every season since has been fairly positive, so to simply say I was their from our League One days, well, it's been pretty easy hasn't it?! Thus you need to be saying I was their many years pre League One.

One person I know really pisses me off, he claims he's been a fan all his life, "Yeah I went down all the time, every week in the 80's", right ok, I don't dispute that, however i've known him for probably 5/6 years now, he never spoke about Leicester until we got back in the Premier League.

I didn't even know he was a football or Leicester fan till about a year and a half ago. Now it's all he talks about, he borrows people's ST to get to away game but claims "Well it's the only way I can get to games, I can't get a season ticket."

Right maybe that's because that void between the 80's and now, that 27 year void, where were you? Not interested, that where you were, now you're fucking the priority system for the likes of me (And others in my situation) - Not him per se, the person/people who lend their ST out for him to get the away tickets, but he has his part to play by jumping on the bandwagon.

• Like 1

I think people seem to be getting confused between supporters and fans, supporters part with cash, buy tickets and merchandise. Fans follow the club, and are a bit more flaky. Supporters might not always be able to go but will watch or listen to every match where possible, fans will check their phones for our results when we aren't on TV. It's nice to have all these new fans and I hope they become supporters but if not I will take my place back at the King power, even if it is to watch mediocre football.

• Like 2

fabulous little article on the telegraph from yesterday about how we are the "worst champions of all time" because our goal difference is less than +32.

The season isn't over yet.