Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

This Ash Patel thing really shouldn't be downplayed, it makes a mockery of the whole primitive tribal nature of the game.

It devalues what we as loyal supporters have earned over the past decade. Why should he enjoy the good times having felt nothing at Stoke away that season, or the Watford play off semi?

What can you do about it? Having fair weather fans supporting our team isn't the worse problem in the world.

What people need to start saying when protesting their point of not being a plastic is "I was there pre-League One."

Many years before League One is when it was really dire, boring mid table seasons and battling it out down the bottom of the Championship.

Winning, successful football, whether it be in League One or the Premier League is easy to support, jump on the bandwagon with, I think you'll find our attendances rose in League One compared to the previous seasons in the Championship, because we were doing well and winning.

Besides since our League One season on a whole every season since has been fairly positive, so to simply say I was their from our League One days, well, it's been pretty easy hasn't it?! Thus you need to be saying I was their many years pre League One.

One person I know really pisses me off, he claims he's been a fan all his life, "Yeah I went down all the time, every week in the 80's", right ok, I don't dispute that, however i've known him for probably 5/6 years now, he never spoke about Leicester until we got back in the Premier League.

I didn't even know he was a football or Leicester fan till about a year and a half ago. Now it's all he talks about, he borrows people's ST to get to away game but claims "Well it's the only way I can get to games, I can't get a season ticket."

Right maybe that's because that void between the 80's and now, that 27 year void, where were you? Not interested, that where you were, now you're fucking the priority system for the likes of me (And others in my situation) - Not him per se, the person/people who lend their ST out for him to get the away tickets, but he has his part to play by jumping on the bandwagon.

People do need to stop using the "I was there in league 1" argument. You're absolutely correct. If you were there for the few seasons before league 1 then that's a better argument to have. League 1 was a bit of a novelty. If we hadn't walked the league the novelty would have soon warn off! Before league 1 when Joey Gudjonson was our best player, Gareth Williams was a future star and Stephen Hughes was the Scottish Rivaldo. Even I nearly gave up watching us back then.

I also know a bloke you too. Been a city fan all his life, went in the 80s. Used to finish his paper rounds and go down. He's been going down the City since 1985. Erm no you haven't, I've known you for 10 years and you've not been to 1 single match! It wasn't until we got to the premier league that he took an interest again! But it's ok he can tell you about the time he went Wembley for the league cup final! He can't even pronounce the players names right. Who even is Dan Almati? Used to hate it when he'd try and talk about football to me.

It's the nature of the beast though isn't it. More success = more interest. And all of a sudden you've got everyone who has to be in on it and tell about the time they went down to watch us play. I don't know if it's coincidence but I've noticed a lot of people walking round in old Leicester shirts from over the years. Like it's some badge of honour to show that they were a fan before this season

You can't do anything, I'm astounded that this guy is so open about it though, as if it's something to be proud of.

Yes, this is what nudges him over the line between 'bit of a dickhead' to 'massive piece of shit'.

Admitting you couldn't give a shit when it was bad is terrible. And I'd say with absolute certainty that he's only taking them kids because of the ease at which he could get a season ticket.

This is what life is, though.

If you didn't know Darren Kenton, Jason Jarrett or Elvis Hammond used to play for Leicester then you are plastic.

Actually I have forgotten most of the dross that wore the shirt from the time we were relegated under Adams to when Pearson was first appointed and I have no desire to remember either.

Strangely that time period is a blur of mostly awfulness, though I never ever agreed with the booing that Kisnorbo used to get when the teams were read out, when he played midfield before being moved to defence and being some what decent.

Still cant believe we made a tidy profit on Connolly? when he had a decent season up front, what ever happened to him I wonder?

Who is this Ash Patel, I assume he is a gujji from belgrave road, what did he say??

Go to post 16172 on here Doc and read it ....     Ash Patel : A man who people on FT are pretty p*ssed off about.    But I've got a feeling there are a lot of Ash Patels out there.

Shame Tigers didn't win the cup or he might have been a rugby fan.   

Go to post 16172 on here Doc and read it .... Ash Patel : A man who people on FT are pretty p*ssed off about. But I've got a feeling there are a lot of Ash Patels out there.

Shame Tigers didn't win the cup or he might have been a rugby fan.

Is there a quick way of going to post 16172?

Actually I have forgotten most of the dross that wore the shirt from the time we were relegated under Adams to when Pearson was first appointed and I have no desire to remember either.

Strangely that time period is a blur of mostly awfulness, though I never ever agreed with the booing that Kisnorbo used to get when the teams were read out, when he played midfield before being moved to defence and being some what decent.

Still cant believe we made a tidy profit on Connolly? when he had a decent season up front, what ever happened to him I wonder?

Kisnorbo was one of our better players when he was moved to CB. Him and McAuley actually performed somewhat decently considering how shite the rest of the team were.

We had some abomination of footballers during that time. Jarrett, Sylla, Low, Elvis, Andy Johnson, Kenton, Geoff Horsefield, Shaun Newton, Stephen Hughes. The good old days when we were getting dicked by Plymouth Argyle for fun.

Kisnorbo was one of our better players when he was moved to CB. Him and McAuley actually performed somewhat decently considering how shite the rest of the team were.

We had some abomination of footballers during that time. Jarrett, Sylla, Low, Elvis, Andy Johnson, Kenton, Geoff Horsefield, Shaun Newton, Stephen Hughes. The good old days when we were getting dicked by Plymouth Argyle for fun.

When Barry Hayles was actually scoring against us, quite regularly.

We don't know anything about him.

That's not quite true is it. We do know something about him because he was at pains to tell us all about it. He's basically a guy who will follow success. His comments, not my interpretation. The only thing we can hope for is that he now sticks with and supports the club when things are not going so well.

On a similar note I had my first person trying to make out I'm a glory hunter down the pub last night, even had the cheek to suggest I was talking bollocks when I told him that I always thought Claudio was the best choice considering who we were being seriously linked with. Made my day tbh, enjoy the fairweather accusations while people still want to make them. :D

Kisnorbo woah

Kisnorbo woah

he used to be shite

but now he plays alright

Kisnorbo woah

That song pretty much sums up what we were going through. We were fine settling for 'alright'

If you didn't know Darren Kenton, Jason Jarrett or Elvis Hammond used to play for Leicester then you are plastic.

I've been trying to erase the memory. Thanks for the fookin' reminder. :)