Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It's crazy to think that Arsenal's Invincibles beat us on the final day in 2004 to lift the PL trophy and who'd thought that day that we'd win the league before they do again?

Life doesn't make any sense anymore.

Well found stat..plus the year we do win the title , they get the double over us..

Weird, crazy...unbelievable

2 years ago it was Burnley complaining about us getting so many penalties (maybe its because we're so direct duh!)

Now its arsenal, spurs & west ham complaining about the exact same thing!

Unbelievable Jeff :D

(hopefully next season its Bayern Munich & Barcelona doing the complaining lol)

Edited by foxes21

I love this so much. Another passage from the best football book ever - Eamon Dunphy's 'Only A Game?' from 1974.  It reads like old football wisdom. It's amazing how well it describes the last few weeks:

(He's writing after a hard fought 1-0 victory for Millwall against Sheff Wed):

That is the fundamental question in football. Do you have the character to nick a result. This kind of game is much more important than the kind you win 3-0. Against Hull the game was over 20 minutes from the end.  We weren't asked any serious questions about our character. Games like that, in the sum of the season, mean nothing. You are going to have them whether you are a good side or a bad one. You are going to get results cheaply. But what sorts out the good sides is that they get results when it is bloody hard. 

The reason you get those results is that you have a full back who is keen enough and honest enough to not simply be satisfied that he hasn't given any goals away, but to feel responsible for the mistakes others make. In a situation like that the opposition aren't playing eleven players, they are playing against twenty two. Because every one of your players feels responsible for things over and above his own job. So he is doing two people's jobs.

This is not just a cliche. You really have. That's why in a bad side you hear the expression 'I thought they had sixteen players on the field'. They did. And the bad side might have two or three cowards in their side, who don't want to play. So they have only had six players.

People can sit in the stand and say 'That side were better, they were more aesthetically pleasing. They are doing what the game is all about'.  But they aren't. They are doing part of it. The game is about competition, about conflict, about character. You can go and beat someone 6-0, and what have you proved? That they are a bad side. Not neccesarily that you are a good side. But after a game like last night, you come off feeling really proud. You think 'Great. What a good set of lads'.

You feel secure. You think 'Whatever happens next week, it is not going to be harder than that'. Once you've done it, you can reproduce it. It's the 1-0s that matter, not the 3-0s and 5-1s.

The football season is a series of hellish tests, Saturday after Saturday. All the football league is. You have a series of mountains to climb. At the end of that time, the team with the most character, the most resolve, is going to triumph.

This could have been written by a Leicester player in the last 3 months. Describes us 100%.

• Like 2

His Jediness Luke Skywalker says the Force is strong in Leicester

"You've been just like Rebel Force taking on the Imperial Alliance of the Premier League"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7125287/Star-Wars-star-Mark-Hamill-says-The-Force-has-been-strong-with-Leicester-in-video-message-to-champions.html#ooid=trbzFhMzE6MNE1yEZuBnURVZKPrCmMUS

Also, there's a poll in Metro on who's wiser, Ranieri or Yoda. Obviously Leicester's Jedi Master leads having 64% votes.

PS. FFS Luke Skywalker people! Now I'm pretty sure I'm only dreaming

Edited by Chester Dontlie

This one had me laughing..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3571487/Leicester-s-Premier-League-fairytale-set-receive-Hollywood-treatment-play-Foxes-leading-men.html

but it got me thinking

Fuch - Ryan Reynolds

Wes - Idris Elba

Pearson -  Vinnie Jones

Vardy - Paul Bettany .. ok maybe not..

McKenzie Crook is Vardy all day long lol lol lol

Yesterday's L'Equipe has us on the front page and dedicates a whopping four pages (the first four pages inside) to our first PL title! Massive!

IMG_3289_JPG.jpgIMG_3290_JPG.jpgIMG_3291_JPG.jpgIMG_3293_JPG.jpgIMG_3294_JPG.jpg

Any idea if you can order it online/in England?

• Like 1

This one had me laughing..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3571487/Leicester-s-Premier-League-fairytale-set-receive-Hollywood-treatment-play-Foxes-leading-men.html

but it got me thinking

Fuch - Ryan Reynolds

Wes - Idris Elba

Pearson -  Vinnie Jones

Vardy - Paul Bettany .. ok maybe not..

lol

This deserve its own thread- do it!

Robbie Savage as Leicester cheerleader?   :rolleyes:   Gary Lineker is more suitable for this role- he can play himself. 

‘In our obscurity, we were able to create something special’

James Root, IT administrator, 28

Quite simply, it’s been one of the greatest things that has ever happened in my life. I have supported Leicester since the late 90s and, after the golden era of Martin O’Neill and my childhood faded, after the seemingly endless dross served up by a string of gutless managers, and even after the revival under Nigel Pearson, I never dreamed of seeing anything like this.

When you are watching Cheltenham fans do a conga-line as they beat you; standing in the freezing rain at Hillsborough; hearing the commentator shout “Troy Deeney”, there is not one part of you that thinks “this is all worth it because one day we’ll see them win the Premier League”. But it was all worth it. It really was.

It would be easy to view Leicester as a fractured city, but this simply isn’t the case. Neighbours are often from entirely different backgrounds and cultures to each other but the city has not experienced the tension or resentment seen in other English post-industrial towns. It isn’t utopian, by any means, but the people know this and there is a laidback acceptance of the city’s fluidity. As nobody ever expected anything from this city or this football club, in our obscurity we were able to create something very special before any attention or acclaim or analysis had been placed on Leicester. In many ways, the city had already won.

Favourite moments: Feeling the excitement and joy with my friends and family. Having acquaintances and coworkers finally understand my obsession with Leicester City.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/04/its-unimaginable-leicester-city-fans-on-the-season-of-a-lifetime

Someone tell Jimbo we beat Cheltenham 4-0 that game

• Like 1

Quite simply, it’s been one of the greatest things that has ever happened in my life. I have supported Leicester since the late 90s and, after the golden era of Martin O’Neill and my childhood faded, after the seemingly endless dross served up by a string of gutless managers, and even after the revival under Nigel Pearson, I never dreamed of seeing anything like this.

When you are watching Cheltenham fans do a conga-line as they beat you; standing in the freezing rain at Hillsborough; hearing the commentator shout “Troy Deeney”, there is not one part of you that thinks “this is all worth it because one day we’ll see them win the Premier League”. But it was all worth it. It really was.

It would be easy to view Leicester as a fractured city, but this simply isn’t the case. Neighbours are often from entirely different backgrounds and cultures to each other but the city has not experienced the tension or resentment seen in other English post-industrial towns. It isn’t utopian, by any means, but the people know this and there is a laidback acceptance of the city’s fluidity. As nobody ever expected anything from this city or this football club, in our obscurity we were able to create something very special before any attention or acclaim or analysis had been placed on Leicester. In many ways, the city had already won.

Favourite moments: Feeling the excitement and joy with my friends and family. Having acquaintances and coworkers finally understand my obsession with Leicester City.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/04/its-unimaginable-leicester-city-fans-on-the-season-of-a-lifetime

I know, I was there  :thumbup:

As a Celtic fan I just want to say congratulations for the tremendous season you's are having and I can't even imagine how you all must feel right now. I'd guess numb and probably in a bubble right now not being able to take in everything that is going on around yourselves. I think the only feeling that would come close as a Celtic fan would probably be if Celtic were to win the Champions League, us beating Barcelona a few years back may be slightly close to how you's are all feeling, just that feeling of 'did that really just happen' and 'is this real' sort of thing. I can remember just feeling like that after we beat Barca in 2012.

Anyway, your story this season has given me the slightest bit of hope that maybe one day, just one day in the hopefully near future we can get our hands on the European Cup once more, your story this season has gave me belief and I can't thank you's enough for that. If the stars can align for us one season just as it has for yours, then maybe, just maybe, it could be possible and I don't feel like the madman I should feel haha posting that after the season you's have had(Well, that is if Southampton stop buying our best players haha).

Also, hopefully we can qualify for the CL next season and it would be great to meet you's in the Group Stages of the CL so you could experience a CL night at Celtic Park in which I can tell you there is no other atmosphere like it on a European night. Would be fantastic, thankfully we have a game arranged together in the pre-season coming up at Celtic Park(Paradise) in July which you are all very welcome to and I'm sure it will be a sell out and a great day for both clubs to enjoy. I do feel there is a bit of a connection with the clubs with the Martin O'Neill and Neil Lennon factor.

Hope you's have a fantastic party on Saturday and many more great seasons to come. Hail Hail

• Like 4

"You've been just like Rebel Force taking on the Imperial Alliance of the Premier League"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7125287/Star-Wars-star-Mark-Hamill-says-The-Force-has-been-strong-with-Leicester-in-video-message-to-champions.html#ooid=trbzFhMzE6MNE1yEZuBnURVZKPrCmMUS

Also, there's a poll in Metro on who's wiser, Ranieri or Yoda. Obviously Leicester's Jedi Master leads having 64% votes.

May the 4th be with you

Puma say Thank you,

look of the homepage from - puma.com

great picture

If they want to say thank you they can stock our kit. How many people have missed out on a Leicester shirt this season? Get a custom version of this season's shirt sorted with champions inscription and gold PL badges would sell like hot cakes!

Merson at it again saying we have no chance of keeping mahrez and Kante and we will struggle to sign anyone.

Merson's a fvcking tool. He got it all wrong this season yet everyone's supposed to value his opinion now?

It's the 'top trending' story on Sky as it's got a click-bait title that suggests it's happening. Fvcking tw@ts the lot of 'em

If they want to say thank you they can stock our kit. How many people have missed out on a Leicester shirt this season? Get a custom version of this season's shirt sorted with champions inscription and gold PL badges would sell like hot cakes!

Agreed. Clearly Puma didn't have much faith in Leicester or else they would have sorted out another run when the last one started to sell out a few months back. If I was negotiating the deal on our side I'd really put the fvckers under pressure for that.

that post really sums up the joy of it all on a personal level...im a spurs fan myself living in ireland and sort of understand where u r coming from over here its mostly united or liverpool....so whlie i really wanted this to b our year im glad it was a change at the top....so congrats on something that u will never forget...enjoy it and again well done

Brilliant - I love Star Wars me.

May the fourth be with us - always

I'm gonna cry again, i can feel it. Where's me lightsaber?