Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Merson at it again saying we have no chance of keeping mahrez and Kante and we will struggle to sign anyone.

Funnily enough Sky haven't posted my comment pointing out that Merson had us down for relegation and him thinking Ranieri was a poor manager

• Like 1

‘In our obscurity, we were able to create something special’

James Root, IT administrator, 28

Quite simply, it’s been one of the greatest things that has ever happened in my life. I have supported Leicester since the late 90s and, after the golden era of Martin O’Neill and my childhood faded, after the seemingly endless dross served up by a string of gutless managers, and even after the revival under Nigel Pearson, I never dreamed of seeing anything like this.

When you are watching Cheltenham fans do a conga-line as they beat you; standing in the freezing rain at Hillsborough; hearing the commentator shout “Troy Deeney”, there is not one part of you that thinks “this is all worth it because one day we’ll see them win the Premier League”. But it was all worth it. It really was.

It would be easy to view Leicester as a fractured city, but this simply isn’t the case. Neighbours are often from entirely different backgrounds and cultures to each other but the city has not experienced the tension or resentment seen in other English post-industrial towns. It isn’t utopian, by any means, but the people know this and there is a laidback acceptance of the city’s fluidity. As nobody ever expected anything from this city or this football club, in our obscurity we were able to create something very special before any attention or acclaim or analysis had been placed on Leicester. In many ways, the city had already won.

Favourite moments: Feeling the excitement and joy with my friends and family. Having acquaintances and coworkers finally understand my obsession with Leicester City.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/04/its-unimaginable-leicester-city-fans-on-the-season-of-a-lifetime

Someone tell Jimbo we beat Cheltenham 4-0 that game

This!!! So proud to be from this city, I live abroad now but managed the Sunderland and Stoke games this season with my son's immensely proud after 50 years of support. Hoping there is a champions league game in Spain I can go to see our boys

From inside the club ? Great insite from our performance psychologist

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29589/

It's amazing how Pearson wandered around the game collecting people!  Our head of Sports Science, Paul Balsom also worked with Pearson at Southampton. The bloke.s like the fvckin Pied Piper.