Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The thing is that the Leicester success story is not a “fairy tale”. That is a term that has been invented by the media to make our success seem more fanciful as it came against overwhelming odds and perceived wisdom. The media build this up - and it is the same media that also want to knock us down, or present an alternative view, as it all sells papers.

The truth is that it has actually been achieved because we have been the most consistent team this season. We’ve won more games than anyone else, lost fewer and have married effort and ability in a way that no other club has managed to do. Over 38 games I would never claim any team is not deserving of their success – and I would have said that even if Spurs had beaten us on the last game on goal difference.

I don’t think that any Leicester City fan is claiming that we haven’t been lucky with our owners. They are billionaires and have steered us in a manner that other wealthy owners, at other clubs, have failed to do. We have had some advantages in that respect and there is no denying that, but we are still dwarfed by the biggest clubs in the top league.

To continue to harp on about our administration is getting a bit desperate now. People often talk about Leicester as the reason points deductions were brought in and that it is not fair that we escaped any penalties. The truth is that Leicester City were not the reason the rules were changed. Many teams went into administration before us and we were simply the last team to exploit a safety net that most other teams would have exploited in the same situation. When administration happens in business then good people lose money. It’s unfortunate, it’s sad, it’s not unique to Leicester City and has nothing to do with the current owners (nor the previous owners for that matter).

It’s not a fairy tale. We are a well-run club who can pay good wages to good players and have many advantages that other clubs don’t. We are, however, nothing like Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and others in terms of size, wealth or pulling power. It’s no fairy tale, but still an incredible, remarkable and marvellous achievement that reflects brilliantly on all those involved.

Edited by Jobyfox

Teamspirit5000-1fairytalehavingapartychatsh'tgrtbanged.

thats better than supercalifragilisticexpialadocious....

Claudio Ranieri is our dancing dick van Dycke..Bert

getting his lads to "Steps in Time"

Costing only 2pence a bag,

Telling the opposition,....' to lets go fly a kite'

we realised.." A man (fan) has dreams"

Our doping secret.."A spoonfull of sugar"

Now we can all enjoy.." A jolly holiday"

Oh!!! and Walsh n Shakespear are our dancing penguins.

Teamspirit5000-1fairytalehavingapartychatsh'tgrtbanged.

thats better than supercalifragilisticexpialadocious....

Claudio Ranieri is our dancing dick van Dycke..Bert

getting his lads to "Steps in Time"

Costing only 2pence a bag,

Telling the opposition,....' to lets go fly a kite'

we realised.." A man (fan) has dreams"

Our doping secret.."A spoonfull of sugar"

Now we can all enjoy.." A jolly holiday"

Oh!!! and Walsh n Shakespear are our dancing penguins.

You are a strange one (in a good way...I think)

Can't help himself can he?  lol

This Jonathan Liew is the bellend that supports both Tottenham AND Arsenal. That tells you everything you need to know about the man.

Edited by Gerard

It was funny. Hislop literally has no interest in football and that's what's funny. Everytime ANY football club gets a mention, they point to Hislop for answers knowing he knows sod all... Merton, on the other hand, always gets his football stuff spot on. 

Was nice to see us recognised on my favourite tv programme.

What Babestation ,I can never hear them!

Can't help himself can he?  lol

This Jonathan Liew is the bellend that supports both Tottenham AND Arsenal. That tells you everything you need to know about the man.

He's also somewhat Japanese so if he hasn't forgiven Vardy yet then you certainly shouldn't

He's also somewhat Japanese so if he hasn't forgiven Vardy yet then you certainly shouldn't

well the Totally Japanese Shinji Okazaki has forgiven him so we are now allowed

• Like 2

Looking back on this interview with Sir Alex Ferguson after we beat Palace away. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10223300/sir-alex-ferguson-tips-leicester-city-to-win-premier-league-title

Whilst the other pundits were predicitng we'd bottle it (based on what?) he knew we'd win the league because these 1-0s were title winning games, and our defence was water tight. Compare that to Paul Merson who said Swansea would take something from us because its on TV and they'd get new hair cuts lol One man was a serial winner and another chats bob for a living. .

• Like 2

Just as fair as Spurs and Arsenal merging to form the North London Arsecocks.

Aside the cheeky little insinuation that Vardy and Terry would be best mates because they made offensive racist comments. I find it hard to disagree with any of his other observations there.

Aside the cheeky little insinuation that Vardy and Terry would be best mates because they made offensive racist comments. I find it hard to disagree with any of his other observations there.

The twat's comment assumes we are willing to pay a certain level of wage for him, but I doubt we would. I'd rather not sign old shite for depth.

Vardy's incident has quickly been forgotten? It's mentioned virtually every day on a forum, website, Football365 etc. Maybe you should look beyond your bonehead callers or tedious Friends of the Station, Adrian. There is a world outside it.

The twat's comment assumes we are willing to pay a certain level of wage for him, but I doubt we would. I'd rather not sign old shite for depth.

I just assumed it is because the average MLS is probably about 5k a week.

some epic lols and ladbants from everyone's favourite cvnt 

lol Last time he had a dig at our squad I just sent him that tweet of his which states the Cantona attack on the Palace fan was 'funny'. He never replied.