Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

I've just been out for a curry with a guy who manages the bouncers on the doors of a lot of pubs in Glasgow.

He says that they dread evenings like this.

Everyone comes out of the venue pumped up and beeryand there are fights galore.

Hope it carries on pissing down of rain for him tonight,

Good luck RB.

:)

Guest MattP

To be fair the lad from Nebraska was a class act.

Very talented, although Burns looks a shadow of the fighter who beat Katsidis and Martinez now. Clearly the jaw, Warren arguments etc etc are affecting him.

Khan v Broner being touted for the Floyd v Maidana undercard, would set up Mayweather v Khan for November if both were to win their fights.

Guest MattP

Anyone see DeGale at the weekend?

He really has gone backwards since that loss to Groves.

Not sure he was ever that good in the first place, the Groves that beat him was very raw, think George would destroy him now.

Wembley announced then, surprised to be honest and as someone who has done a few stadium fights if you want to go save up and pay the £300+ to sit on the floor, you can hardly see a thing from the stands and I'm talking grounds like Hamburg and West Ham there which are far close to the pitch than Wembley.

Then just hope it doesn't chuck it down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just caught the Khan fight, have to say I was very impressed, he looks like a class fighter and might cause Mayfeather some problems. Was totally untroubled in his fight, so I hope he does get his shot

I only saw the final four rounds, when the fight was over--Collazo couldn't even stand up, so there was never any chance of a lucky knockout. It seemed like Khan had quick hands early (good sign when a a boxer that goes up in weight class and doesn't lose his quickness), but by the time I tuned in, all I saw was Khan grabbing Collazo's head. If Khan ever fought Mayweather, Money would show Khan how to really cinch and grab, and I just can't see Khan winning that.

Mayweather got the perfect result last night. He can get a September rematch with Maidana because Ramadan makes that impossible, then push the Khan fight for the end of 2014 or even early 2015, and then he will probably successfully avoid Pacquaio.

Yeah, Maidana was the aggressor last night and made it a real brawl--which probably was the correct strategy. Say what you will about Mayweather's usual defensive tactics, but what Maidana did last night was not boxing. That overhand right he has is the ugliest thing I've seen since King Hippo in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. He pushed Mayweather to the ropes so many times but couldn't land a punch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bare knuckle boxing match in Hinckley, though the local plod might have something to say about it. Thought this was illegal, though I don't following boxing all that much. Got visions of Bricktop, Micky and Turkish in some back street boxing gym when I saw the headline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-28124889

• 1 month later...
Guest MattP

Be about 2 mate earlier than usual. Wilder us schedule in for 11pm for some reason.

Think Porter wins myself buy its time for Kell to shoe what he has here, always thought he's a hype job. Hope he proves me wrong.

Eddie Hearn wants to look at Kell Brook against Pacquiao or Mayweather instead of Khan.

:unsure: Even though Pacquiao isn't like he used to be think him or Mayweather are a huge step for Brook, think he'd lose to either of those two, fight Khan first - Who he should beat then maybe look at a big payday against Pacman or Mayweather i'd say.

Brook v Kahn would be a big fight making big money anyway, Pacquiao or Mayweather can wait i'd say.