Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

34 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I genuinely think Malik Scott has ruined him as a trainer.... he's tried to turn him into a "boxer" (which he isn't capable off) - part of his danger was that he was wild and erratic and just threw bombs.... My personal opinion, is that by trying to get him to work off of the jab, he doesn't know when to throw the right hand and it's removed the only asset he had as a weapon.  That, coupled with the fact that the boxing world has figured out he can't fight off the back foot, so everyone of any quality is just pushing him back..... the fear factor has gone. 

I have to say though, there were some cracking fights on that Card. 

I know he'd be a massive underdog and might play directly into Inoue's hands with his agressive but how entertaining would Inoue v Ball be if Inoue comes up to Featherweight, even if it only lasts 3 or 4 rounds lol

For a heavyweight contest I thought Dubois v Hrgovic was great entertainment. 

Hutchinson v Buatsi has been ordered now, hopefully one to look forward to in 3/4 months.

Sheeraz looked quality I thought, despite looking like he started slow it just seemed like he was working Williams out.

Attention will now to turn to the PFL and BKFC both in Newcastle this weekend. Savannah Marshall making her PFL debut. Went to the finals in Dublin last year and it was good fun.

I know nothing about the BKFC fighters but my god is it entertaining :D

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I genuinely think Malik Scott has ruined him as a trainer.... he's tried to turn him into a "boxer" (which he isn't capable off) - part of his danger was that he was wild and erratic and just threw bombs.... My personal opinion, is that by trying to get him to work off of the jab, he doesn't know when to throw the right hand and it's removed the only asset he had as a weapon.  That, coupled with the fact that the boxing world has figured out he can't fight off the back foot, so everyone of any quality is just pushing him back..... the fear factor has gone. 

I have to say though, there were some cracking fights on that Card. 

I just think the Tyson Fury trilogy totally ruined Wilder, especially the 2 defeats, they left him a shell, mentally shot & physically fragile. 

He should've retired after Fury lll. 

Only his massive ego & hangers on kept him going. He became a cash cow.

Your point is probably very valid too though. 

Edited by STEVIE B

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Tank doing Tank things

What a guy, fortunate to have seen him live years ago and his power is no joke, punches sounded sickening even from ringside lol

Didn't manage to stay up for that one, but watched the abomination that was CBS v Riakporhe

Hopefully his next opponent actually wants to fight because Riakporhe seemed to be only interested in hugging :nigel:

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Didn't manage to stay up for that one, but watched the abomination that was CBS v Riakporhe

Hopefully his next opponent actually wants to fight because Riakporhe seemed to be only interested in hugging :nigel:

Yeah it wasn’t great was it, every time on here I try not to comment on scorecards but for 2 judges to have it only 115-112 had me baffled…maybe I’m the one that’s awful at scoring 😂

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah it wasn’t great was it, every time on here I try not to comment on scorecards but for 2 judges to have it only 115-112 had me baffled…maybe I’m the one that’s awful at scoring 😂

Was watching it with my cousin and we expected 118-109 or something like that lol

Similarly lethargic performance from Dan Azeez. Really disappointing from 2 south Londoners on home territory.

At least chamerlain looked somewhat interested, although it ended in defeat for him as well.

I need Whittaker in with a known force now as well haha. I want to like him, but I can only like him and enjoy the show boating as long as he's backing it up against quality opponents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Tinman said:

He says no.

Saudi money must be a carrot.

Deontay Wilder has looked dreadful recently, but the money keeps him going. Can't be good for his physical & mental welfare.

36 minutes ago, Soar Fox said:

Did Carl Frampton have a bet on Joe Joyce last night. Terrible commentary.

You know what I thought the same. Until the latter rounds when Chisora was dead on his feet I had Del boy miles clear. He was the only one throwing meaningful punches 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

You know what I thought the same. Until the latter rounds when Chisora was dead on his feet I had Del boy miles clear. He was the only one throwing meaningful punches 

Spot on.

Joyce threw a lot of punches but nothing that would worry Del Boy, even when he was dead on his feet Chisora looked dangerous when he was throwing. 

Couple of great scraps on the undercard. Was very disappointed with the main bout, only Chisora turned up, Joyce looked and sounded chuffed with himself post fight after one of the tamest performances I've seen.. Really weird guy, he's either incredibly dense or completely detached from reality.

McCann v Baluta was the scrap of the night for me and Sharp v Garner a close second. 

Good to see Royston and Moses pick up wins and hopefully they can step up the quality of opponent again in their next fights.

• 4 weeks later...