Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Tidy.

Did you watch the undercard? How was Eubank Jnr and Groves?

The Eubank fight was a non event, bit of showing boating could have finished him whenever he wanted.

Groves v Murray was a good fight, Groves dominated but Murray showed some good courage. Both fighters were out on their feet at the end. Murray did well to take Groves' big hits but barr a couple of rounds Murray was dominated.

Eubank dominated. He's gonna get golovkin, will get pasted.

Groves was a great fight...think he will win a title.

Anyone retarded enough to step in to a ring with GGG gets what they deserve.

Pound for pound one of the most ridiculous machines I've seen in my adult life.

I'm 100000% confident he's actually made out of steel and granite.

Guest Col city fan

I'm getting bored of watching AJ fight.

For anyone really looking, tonight's fight was extended by HIMSELF (probably to give him a bit longer in a competitive fight), although the opponent could take a punch.

It's time we saw Joshua in the ring with someone who can give him a proper tear up. David Haye? Fury? Someone. Only then can we see if he's really world class. I know why he's being put in with deadweights...money and 'time'. But I'd love to see him put under some proper pressure and see how he then did. These fights are too easy for him.

Guest Col city fan

lol David haye

I guess that might be the problem? Who is there to really give Joshua a proper fight? He'd beat Fury now wouldn't he?

What I do know is this fighting big lumps of lard is getting boring.

For anyone really looking, tonight's fight was extended by HIMSELF (probably to give him a bit longer in a competitive fight), although the opponent could take a punch.

It's time we saw Joshua in the ring with someone who can give him a proper tear up. David Haye? Fury? Someone. Only then can we see if he's really world class. I know why he's being put in with deadweights...money and 'time'. But I'd love to see him put under some proper pressure and see how he then did. These fights are too easy for him.

Tbf at 17 pro fights it's not time for anything.....it's amazing he has a belt.

He was patient but no way he extended the fight....would of done so beyond round 7 if that was the case. breazeales reach meant he threw fewer punches and the ones he did connect with were very well taken. The issue was nothing of note was coming back.

Dead weights is a slightly stupid comment. DB and CM, on paper at least, had better records than AJ pre fight.

I guess that might be the problem? Who is there to really give Joshua a proper fight? He'd beat Fury now wouldn't he?

What I do know is this fighting big lumps of lard is getting boring.

Laughing at David haye on sky not you.

Guest Col city fan

Tbf at 17 pro fights it's not time for anything.....it's amazing he has a belt.

He was patient but no way he extended the fight....would of done so beyond round 7 if that was the case. breazeales reach meant he threw fewer punches and the ones he did connect with were very well taken. The issue was nothing of note was coming back.

Dead weights is a slightly stupid comment. DB and CM, on paper at least, had better records than AJ pre fight.

Laughing at David haye on sky not you.

I think dead weights is a very apt term. Bollox to Charles Martin...lol...he was on the floor with the first punch!

I think dead weights is a very apt term. Bollox to Charles Martin...lol...he was on the floor with the first punch!

Col...ignoring the fact he had 24-0 record, Charles Martin was the ibf world champion, one that Joshua could beat, he's going to take that fight.

Your seeming a little ignorant in regards as to how boxing actually works. Most fighters with AJs record are fighting for domestic and continental titles. He's very good so brushes opponents aside, but that's not a reason to jump into the ring with the best in the world and risk losing at this early stage in his career.

• Like 3

I wasn't sure about benn

But that was impressive

Eubank looks bigger for some reason

Can't believe I didn't realize who his dad was... Should of realized it by his style. And name. We don't get all the English slant in things over here though...

AJ would put down Haye 2016 in two rounds.

Tbh, he'd probably put down in Fury in 7/8. Fury just isn't capable of being a complete enough professional to beat a unit like AJ.

I know I have said it before, but Fury is on record as saying AJ beat him up when they sparred when AJ was an amateur.

I actually think that's the reason why Fury has talked about retirement!

Guest Col city fan

Col...ignoring the fact he had 24-0 record, Charles Martin was the ibf world champion, one that Joshua could beat, he's going to take that fight.

Your seeming a little ignorant in regards as to how boxing actually works. Most fighters with AJs record are fighting for domestic and continental titles. He's very good so brushes opponents aside, but that's not a reason to jump into the ring with the best in the world and risk losing at this early stage in his career.

And that's the boring bit. Of course I know how it works, so stop being your usual arrogant self.

Until he gets out into the ring with someone who will give him a proper fight, it's very boring AND we won't know just how good he is.

It's about time he did. I say again, tonight he dragged it out himself. I think he had the 7th in his mind to finish it. You might not have seen that, I did.

And that's the boring bit. Of course I know how it works, so stop being your usual arrogant self.

Until he gets out into the ring with someone who will give him a proper fight, it's very boring AND we won't know just how good he is.

It's about time he did. I say again, tonight he dragged it out himself. I think he had the 7th in his mind to finish it. You might not have seen that, I did.

lol arrogant, read what your posting and what I'm posting and ask yourself who sounds arrogant. You must know you don't know that much about the sport yet preach your opinion like its gospel.

If you knew how it worked you wouldn't be complaining about it being boring, its nothing new to boxing, so that makes me think you obviously don't follow the sport that closely. Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson at this stage in their career were beating up people not in their class it's "not about time" he did anything, the only difference is you've got a pretty clever promoter creaming money off it. If your bored by it don't fcking watch it till he gets put up against someone who excites you. I'll give you a tip, joeseph parker is his next manadatory I believe, if you want a competitive boxing match, don't watch it

He did not drag that fight out, some of the shots he landed from round 1-5 would of floored the vast majority of heavy weights. Great chin on show from DB if nothing else. You can see the KO was the result of wearing him down as opposed to some the huge shots that have taken others out, and you don't wear an opponent down by the fifth round it takes time. If he wasn't trying to beat DB from first bell to last his eye wouldn't of been completely shut by the end of the second round.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Gael will be gutted he went to bed haha.

****ing right pissed off , the yank tried a little and made Arnie J bleed !!!

Proper tough guy but no boxing skills what so ever !

Arnie J needs a proper fight now or he risks becoming a joke

Tbh, he'd probably put down in Fury in 7/8. Fury just isn't capable of being a complete enough professional to beat a unit like AJ.

Finners you must have been necking your mum in laws creme de menthe lol

For me Fury might beat this Arnie J

Arnie J In his post fight interview he all but admitted he can't move his legs !

And David Haye would be very close to beating him

Have you noticed he Arnie J mentioned Fury last night and in the build up but he never calls out Haye !

It's true if Arnie J can land flush he will knock out many people

But look at his record he hasn't fought one person who is world class

Bums and that includes the fixed fight with Martin

I went to bed because of this sentiment

Ya I was pissed off this morning because the yank lasted 7 rounds

But all he did for 7 is get hit , threw a dozen shots in anger and hardly slipped things and Arnie J played around till his nose got bashed and once he saw his blood he finished it

The guy would be out in round one of prize fighters

And that's what Arnie J's career is looking like right now a sky sports "prize fighters " show !

I think he can improve and I think he can get the genuine respect he craves , but he needs to fight a proper fight now

With a few proper scraps soon Arnie J and fury/haye will be a stadium gig !

But if he keeps fighting bums he will get found out when he finally steps up to real world level

I'm warning to the man but , liked seeing him with his crazy dad lol , yea I must admit I'm actually begining to warm to him

Edited by GaelicFox

I went to bed because of this sentiment

Ya I was pissed off this morning because the yank lasted 7 rounds

But all he did for 7 is get hit , threw a dozen shots in anger and hardly slipped things and Arnie J played around till his nose got bashed and once he saw his blood he finished it

The guy would be out in round one of prize fighters

And that's what Arnie J's career is looking like right now a sky sports "prize fighters " show !

I think he can improve and I think he can get the genuine respect he craves , but he needs to fight a proper fight now

With a few proper scraps soon Arnie J and fury/haye will be a stadium gig !

But if he keeps fighting bums he will get found out when he finally steps up to real world level

I'm warning to the man but , liked seeing him with his crazy dad lol , yea I must admit I'm actually begining to warm to him

He's 17 fights in! Lad shouldn't even have a belt!

Haye AJ is going to happen before long anyway, AJ will blast Parker to bits, haye will put Briggs into retirement, I should imagine that will as good as make Haye AJs mandatory.

I'd dodge Haye for as long as possible and keep learning if I were AJ but given he's ranked 3 now Haye is going to get the fight and I'd be surprised if it's not as soon as next year.

I think AJ would probably beat Fury but I think Fury is often a little underrated. He is very determined and a genuine fighter. Granted he doesn't have the discipline. If AJ really caught him of course it could be over in one punch, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fury took him near on the distance/the whole way. I don't think we will get to see that fight anyway as both probably have too much to lose and have other paths they can justifiably take.

Guest Col city fan

lol arrogant, read what your posting and what I'm posting and ask yourself who sounds arrogant. You must know you don't know that much about the sport yet preach your opinion like its gospel.

If you knew how it worked you wouldn't be complaining about it being boring, its nothing new to boxing, so that makes me think you obviously don't follow the sport that closely. Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson at this stage in their career were beating up people not in their class it's "not about time" he did anything, the only difference is you've got a pretty clever promoter creaming money off it. If your bored by it don't fcking watch it till he gets put up against someone who excites you. I'll give you a tip, joeseph parker is his next manadatory I believe, if you want a competitive boxing match, don't watch it

He did not drag that fight out, some of the shots he landed from round 1-5 would of floored the vast majority of heavy weights. Great chin on show from DB if nothing else.

lol

I can never work out whether you do it on purpose if if you genuinely believe what you write?

I just don't know.

I SAID the other bloke could take a punch in my OP. But what was utterly clear for anyone who wanted to see was that AJ was simply toying with him, giving himself some more 'game time' until he saw his own bloody nose and thought 'fook this..time to finish it!.

As soon as AJ decided this, he finished it.

He's now had 17 fights which have been non-contests. With the obvious exception of Dylan White who caught him with an unfortunate one (bet THAT weren't in Herne's script!), it's been a walk in the park.

That's ok..he needs time, he needs experience, he wants money.

But it's now becoming boring..like it's time he was in a real fight, rather than a circus show with a load of dead weights. That's what they are to Joshua.

Over and out cos I can see with you (yet again), you'll argue that black is white whilst spectacularly missing the simple point I'm making.

Edited by Col city fan

He's 17 fights in! Lad shouldn't even have a belt!

Haye AJ is going to happen before long anyway, AJ will blast Parker to bits, haye will put Briggs into retirement, I should imagine that will as good as make Haye AJs mandatory.

I'd dodge Haye for as long as possible and keep learning if I were AJ but given he's ranked 3 now Haye is going to get the fight and I'd be surprised if it's not as soon as next year.

Ya that's a fair shout

lol

I can never work out whether you do it on purpose if if you genuinely believe what you write?

I just don't know.

I SAID the other bloke could take a punch in my OP. But what was utterly clear for anyone who wanted to see was that AJ was simply toying with him, giving himself some more 'game time' until he saw his own bloody nose and thought 'fook this..time to finish it!.

As soon as AJ decided this, he finished it.

He's now had 17 fights which have been non-contests. With the obvious exception of Dylan White who caught him with an unfortunate one (bet THAT weren't in Herne's script!), it's been a walk in the park.

That's ok..he needs time, he needs experience, he wants money.

But it's now becoming boring..like it's time he was in a real fight, rather than a circus show with a load of dead weights. That's what they are to Joshua.

Over and out cos I can see with you (yet again), you'll argue that black is white whilst spectacularly missing the simple point I'm making.

It's bollocks col that's why. You total contradict yourself, if AJ was toying with him why was he hitting him so hard lol you offer absolutely nothing to back what your saying up, don't offer any counter arguemeant to the points put to you, and just repeat yourself, I read what you said the first time doesn't make it anymore correct. You don't smash someone you are trying to keep around as hard as he was hitting him, you don't finish a fight your trying to drag out in the 7th round, and the knock out was clearly the result of compound damage, which is not something you can inflict without in a small amount of time. You would not get a single boxing pundit to agree with a word you are saying so I dunno why your acting like it's obvious lol

I'll take patient, never troubled, methodical, I'll even stretch to in no rush, but not that he was keeping him in there for the sake of it.

And no I get the point you are trying to make I'm just telling you it's redundant, as usual. It's not how boxing works or in the interest of Anthony Joshua to jump in with the very best right now and they are the only ones who can test him, he's is still learning, and will be for the next 5-8 fights. You don't take mega fights in your 18th fight and absolutely no one cares whether you are bored or not. Your boredom is insignificant, you're boredom literally could not matter any less.

In any case he will have to fight Haye before long anyway as hell get a mandatory so you will get the fight you want within the next 2-3 fights I'd imagine.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Guest Col city fan

It's bollocks col that's why. You total contradict yourself, if AJ was toying with him why was he hitting him so hard lol you offer absolutely nothing to back what your saying up, don't offer any counter arguemeant to the points put to you, and just repeat yourself, I read what you said the first time doesn't make it anymore correct. You don't smash someone you are trying to keep around as hard as he was hitting him, you don't finish a fight your trying to drag out in the 7th round, and the knock out was clearly the result of compound damage, which is not something you can inflict without in a small amount of time. You would not get a single boxing pundit to agree with a word you are saying so I dunno why your acting like it's obvious lol

I'll take patient, never troubled, methodical, but not that he was keeping him in there for the sake of it.

And no I get the point you are trying to make I'm just telling you it's redundant, as usual. It's not how boxing works or in the interest of Anthony Joshua to jump in with the very best right now and they are the only ones who can test him, he's is still learning, and will be for the next 5-8 fights. You don't take mega fights in your 18th fight and absolutely no one cares whether you are bored or not. Your boredom is insignificant, you're boredom literally could not matter any less.

In any case he will have to fight Haye before long anyway as hell get a mandatory so you will get the fight you want within the next 2-3 fights I'd imagine.

As Gaelic said, they've been bums. Last night could have ended in round 1/2 if AJ had of wanted it to. 'On paper' means nowt. Absolutely nowt. It's all razzmatazz, time, money and build up.

If, as you say, Haye becomes mandatory, then thank fook for that. It's time Joshua got paired up with a bloke who can give him a fight.

The only fight worth watching last night was Groves. That was the only proper match up. Regarding being bored, well that DOES matter, at least to some. I won't be paying for pay per view to watch Joshua again, until he's matched with any sort of opponent. And as a fan of boxing, if this applies to me, it could apply to others.

And I literally don't give a fook if that's 'how boxing works' or not. Until AJ is given a proper tear up with someone who is capable of putting him on his arse, it's dull and it's boring. He's now 26, he ain't a kid, let's see him in a proper fight. Tyson was 20 when he won his first title belt and even by then had been pitched with fighters much better than any of the lumps AJ has fought.