Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

As Gaelic said, they've been bums. Last night could have ended in round 1/2 if AJ had of wanted it to. 'On paper' means nowt. Absolutely nowt. It's all razzmatazz, time, money and build up.

If, as you say, Haye becomes mandatory, then thank fook for that. It's time Joshua got paired up with a bloke who can give him a fight.

The only fight worth watching last night was Groves. That was the only proper match up. Regarding being bored, well that DOES matter, at least to some. I won't be paying for pay per view to watch Joshua again, until he's matched with any sort of opponent. And as a fan of boxing, if this applies to me, it could apply to others.

And I literally don't give a fook if that's 'how boxing works' or not. Until AJ is given a proper tear up with someone who is capable of putting him on his arse, it's dull and it's boring. He's now 26, he ain't a kid, let's see him in a proper fight. Tyson was 20 when he won his first title belt and even by then had been pitched with fighters much better than any of the lumps AJ has fought.

I just don't agree with the two round thing he was belting Brezeale early doors col, and he was taking the shots, and even throwing some back seemed to me Joshua cracked him a few times saw he was probably not going to go easy, saw there was no point in forcing the issue as he is a 18 stone man with a bigger reach and willing to trade punches and decided to box smart, as hard as he was he wasn't going to take heavy, well timed shots for 12 rounds.

The reason I am getting on at you about so much is I think it's quite insulting to Brezeale, obviously not in the same class but actually offered something in terms of grit and heart and it was enough to make it a boxing match instead of a sub 3 round white wash.

You don't care how boxing works, boxing doesn't care if your bored. Guess which one of those is more relevant in sporting terms.

No ones going to buy a Eddie Hern PPV to watch Anthony Joshua are they col (if you did your silly but I'd heavily imagine you didn't). Eddie Hearn is a clever man, he makes you look at the full bill, do I want to see groves Murray, definitely, do I want to see Eubanks fight do I want to hear why he has to say GGG after, certainly, Conor Benn got took to the full 4 rounds last time so do I want to see if he is actually as good as people say he is, interesting stuff. Can Dylan white bounce back, etc etc And at the end of it all you know your gonna get a entertaining KO in the main event and the AJ train keeps on rolling.

The same thing will happen when he fights Parker, you'll get a packed under card, Title fights eliminators upcoming talent and AJ knocking Joespeh Parker back to New Zealand at the end of it. So you probably will pay for it, not because of AJ but because it's 5 hours of good entertainment.

Yeah the English title does not count as a belt lol. Fury turned pro a lot earlier than aj, he didn't even get his title shot till about 26 fights. And your assessment regarding the difference in class between the fighters AJ has beaten and fury had beaten by 2009 is just flat out incorrect. Cornish, Johnson and white are all much better than anything Tyson fought early doors, johnson has actually fought fury and took him to points, aj wiped him out In Round 2, so there's your comparison.

Porter thurman

What a fight !!!

Rematch will be a huge Vegas show

I think thurman edged it with the classier punches

But porter can feel unlucky today not to have won

Enjoyed that

Yeah just watched was entertaining.

Guest Col city fan

I just don't agree with the two round thing he was belting Brezeale early doors col, and he was taking the shots, and even throwing some back seemed to me Joshua cracked him a few times saw he was probably not going to go easy, saw there was no point in forcing the issue as he is a 18 stone man with a bigger reach and willing to trade punches and decided to box smart, as hard as he was he wasn't going to take heavy, well timed shots for 12 rounds.

The reason I am getting on at you about so much is I think it's quite insulting to Brezeale, obviously not in the same class but actually offered something in terms of grit and heart and it was enough to make it a boxing match instead of a sub 3 round white wash.

You don't care how boxing works, boxing doesn't care if your bored. Guess which one of those is more relevant in sporting terms.

No ones going to buy a Eddie Hern PPV to watch Anthony Joshua are they col (if you did your silly but I'd heavily imagine you didn't). Eddie Hearn is a clever man, he makes you look at the full bill, do I want to see groves Murray, definitely, do I want to see Eubanks fight do I want to hear why he has to say GGG after, certainly, Conor Benn got took to the full 4 rounds last time so do I want to see if he is actually as good as people say he is, interesting stuff. Can Dylan white bounce back, etc etc And at the end of it all you know your gonna get a entertaining KO in the main event and the AJ train keeps on rolling.

The same thing will happen when he fights Parker, you'll get a packed under card, Title fights eliminators upcoming talent and AJ knocking Joespeh Parker back to New Zealand at the end of it. So you probably will pay for it, not because of AJ but because it's 5 hours of good entertainment.

Yeah the English title does not count as a belt lol. Fury turned pro a lot earlier than aj, he didn't even get his title shot till about 26 fights. And your assessment regarding the difference in class between the fighters AJ has beaten and fury had beaten by 2009 is just flat out incorrect. Cornish, Johnson and white are all much better than anything Tyson fought early doors, johnson has actually fought fury and took him to points, aj wiped him out In Round 2, so there's your comparison.

Yeah just watched was entertaining.

It's not that I don't understand you, I do. But you are talking like a boxing promoter mate!

The line you used about 'the AJ train keeps on rolling'...yes it does.

But I will respect him much more as the IBF 'king of the world' when he finally has a proper fookin fight!

It shouldn't all be about money, and especially not at his age now. AJ is a cool guy, a model pro, seems decent, a money machine...good on him. But I suspect even he is now starting to think 'who the fook am I being paired against'?

He won't say that, of course....he'll go with it..... It's his career we are talking about. But as a layman, a bloke who knows a bit about boxing...not as much as you I suspect, but a little, I will consider him a proper champ when he has a proper fight.

The problem is (and I refer back to the point I made to you right at the start), I don't know if anyone is around at the moment to give him such a fight? I think Haye would give him problems, but AJ would beat him when he chose to. I think Fury is possibly the worst heavyweight champ we've had since Bruno. And I think if AJ was fighting Mike Tyson when Tyson was at his best, the latter would knock him out in three rounds.

Money, razzmatazz, Eddie Hearne, the O2 aside.....AJ now needs a real fight with a real competitor to truly be considered as good as people are making out he is. Until then, it's image over substance. In my eyes anyway.

It seems like this is where we differ? You place emphasis onto the 'boxing game' more than anything else...the need for raising profile, gaining experience, generating revenue and all that comes with it. I see boxing as two blokes in a scrap, competing against each other because they simply want to be the best. The toughest, the real champ.

I must have been watching too many Rocky films....lol

Edited by Col city fan

It's not that I don't understand you, I do. But you are talking like a boxing promoter mate!

The line you used about 'the AJ train keeps on rolling'...yes it does.

But I will respect him much more as the IBF 'king of the world' when he finally has a proper fookin fight!

It shouldn't all be about money, and especially not at his age now. AJ is a cool guy, a model pro, seems decent, a money machine...good on him. But I suspect even he is now starting to think 'who the fook am I being paired against'?

He won't say that, of course....he'll go with it..... It's his career we are talking about. But as a layman, a bloke who knows a bit about boxing...not as much as you I suspect, but a little, I will consider him a proper champ when he has a proper fight.

The problem is (and I refer back to the point I made to you right at the start), I don't know if anyone is around at the moment to give him such a fight? I think Haye would give him problems, but AJ would beat him when he chose to. I think Fury is possibly the worst heavyweight champ we've had since Bruno. And I think if AJ was fighting Mike Tyson when Tyson was at his best, the latter would knock him out in three rounds.

Money, razzmatazz, Eddie Hearne, the O2 aside.....AJ now needs a real fight with a real competitor to truly be considered as good as people are making out he is. Until then, it's image over substance. In my eyes anyway.

Well yeah nothing wrong with any of that, he's a champion as he has the belt but no he has not fought anyone exceptional, as I've been saying that's the norm for this stage of his career, these fights will come and they are coming soon, most fighters would not be considering it at this stage but as I say Haye is coming and AJ will have to fight him as he will be number 1 contender, public will demand if before the ibf even sanction a mandatory defence I'd of though. It's obvious AJ wants a big fight he basically stated he would of fought fury after Parker had it not been for his rematch postponement.

Guest Col city fan

Well yeah nothing wrong with any of that, he's a champion as he has the belt but no he has not fought anyone exceptional, as I've been saying that's the norm for this stage of his career, these fights will come and they are coming soon, most fighters would not be considering it at this stage but as I say Haye is coming and AJ will have to fight him as he will be number 1 contender, public will demand if before the ibf even sanction a mandatory defence I'd of though. It's obvious AJ wants a big fight he basically stated he would of fought fury after Parker had it not been for his rematch postponement.

Finally...we are on the same page...

:thumbup:

What the ****.

AJ taking it easy, working his way up patiently, not biting off more than he can chew yet.

Eubank Jnr? Done **** all but wants to jump in the ring with GGG. Mental.

Good on him !!! I'll be getting ring side seats for this

He will probably get battered but the kid has balls , the Eubanks never Duck a fight , it's boxing not ballet dancing where you work through the grades , your either world class or your not

We will only find out AJ is a marshmallow when it's all too late to matter to him ! He has a world belt and is "working his way up" WTF is that shite all about ? Is he a world champion or not ?? Let's get some belt fights on AJ

Good on him !!! I'll be getting ring side seats for this

He will probably get battered but the kid has balls , the Eubanks never Duck a fight , it's boxing not ballet dancing where you work through the grades , your either world class or your not

We will only find out AJ is a marshmallow when it's all too late to matter to him ! He has a world belt and is "working his way up" WTF is that shite all about ? Is he a world champion or not ?? Let's get some belt fights on AJ

Personally I would question the sanity of every unarmed individual who would willingly step in the ring with Golovkin.

Personally I would question the sanity of every unarmed individual who would willingly step in the ring with Golovkin.

Sanity is not a good friend to professional boxers

If they had it In any serious amount the wouldn't be doing the sport !

Bravery by application is risk assessed insanity

Edited by GaelicFox

Sanity is not a good friend to professional boxers

If they had it In any serious amount the wouldn't be doing the sport !

Bravery by application is risk assessed insanity

He isn't brave he's arrogant and has miss placed self confidence. He does not fear golovkin, he genuinely thinks he's better. That's stupidity not bravery.

It's not a case of ducking, he's actively sought this out.

I've little time for him anyway. Every win seems to make him more and more of a bell end and it's not like he's beating super stars. At least this fight will give him something to actually be arrogant about (highly unlikely) or take him down a peg or two (most likely)

• Like 1

He isn't brave he's arrogant and has miss placed self confidence. He does not fear golovkin, he genuinely thinks he's better. That's stupidity not bravery.

It's not a case of ducking, he's actively sought this out.

I've little time for him anyway. Every win seems to make him more and more of a bell end and it's not like he's beating super stars. At least this fight will give him something to actually be arrogant about (highly unlikely) or take him down a peg or two (most likely)

Confidence made Britain Great

Fine line , confidence , swagger , arrogance what ever you call it

He has it in bucket loads and that's no bad thing in any world

He fears no one , fair play to him

Will he get sparked out , yes he will

At some point Will he win a world title , I believe so

• Like 1

Confidence made Britain Great

Fine line , confidence , swagger , arrogance what ever you call it

He has it in bucket loads and that's no bad thing in any world

He fears no one , fair play to him

Will he get sparked out , yes he will

At some point Will he win a world title , I believe so

Not miss placed confidence!

Don't see what he possible stands to gain myself, only slightly more sane than Khan deciding to fight Canelo (who incidentally is a better boxer, at this moment in time, than Eubank, and he has the sense to duck Golovkin)

I do agree assuming he doesn't ruin himself with his fight selections he should win a belt.

Not miss placed confidence!

Don't see what he possible stands to gain myself, only slightly more sane than Khan deciding to fight Canelo (who incidentally is a better boxer, at this moment in time, than Eubank, and he has the sense to duck Golovkin)

I do agree assuming he doesn't ruin himself with his fight selections he should win a belt.

Is it defo Wembley ?

Christ, that's come from nowhere!

Brook v GGG confirmed for later this year.

All for making super fights and seeing British fighters up against the best, but it seems we are now in an era obsessed with fighters fighting massively out of their weight limit which is just plain dangerous no matter how big a welterweight Brook is.

Although it's almost worth it just to see how fvcked off this will make the Eubank camp.

Christ, that's come from nowhere!

Brook v GGG confirmed for later this year.

All for making super fights and seeing British fighters up against the best, but it seems we are now in an era obsessed with fighters fighting massively out of their weight limit which is just plain dangerous no matter how big a welterweight Brook is.

Although it's almost worth it just to see how fvcked off this will make the Eubank camp.

Your joking?

Edit: no your really not.

Suicide.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

This is madder than Jnr fighting him

Khan v Canelo 2 !!!!!

Eddie Hearn said Snr lost the plot was really greedy and ****ed it up for Jnr !!!! The Eubanks are diseased now after this , no big names will want to know now

Brook is getting the payday of a lifetime

Good luck to him

Hope he knows funeral songs he wants

:(

I honestly think Eubank would be a tougher fight for GGG.

Much tougher

He would have got to round 7/8

This will be done by 5

Guest Col city fan

It wouldn't be the first time a boxer has stepped up and won

Sugar Ray Leonard beating Hagler was considered a major shock.

Roy Jones Junior beating Ruiz

And Pacquiao beating Margarito three examples of boxers 'punching well above their weight'

I'm not saying Brook is in the league of any of these three. But the point remains I guess. It can be done.

Brook always seems extremely confident but the other fella is something special.

I'll be watching.

Edited by Col city fan

Wow, I'm amazed this fight is happening. I understand Brook's frustration in his division but to take GGG on does surprise me. I hope Kel proves me wrong but I just can't see him coming through this one. Fair play to him for having the nads to make the fight, but I fear he could get seriously hurt. At least he'll never have to fight again £££££

Imagine the weight difference come fight night.

I'd think Kel could get through the first couple of rounds on speed alone but once Golovkin finds his range and starts to close the ring down then it will be bordering on ridiculous imo.

It's not just the in ring fighting that makes it dangerous, it's the weeks of trying to make the weight whether it be by dehydrating yourself or taking on to much fluid in the build up.