Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 17 July 2016 at 13:45, Durnerz said:

I've got my tickets for Brook vs GGG, first ever boxing event so not a bad place to begin!

From the sounds of it they were like gold dust, the seats we've got (£80 each) are now going for £264 on StubHub, madness.

How do you get tickets at that price and where from,genuine question,

always fancied going to a fight night but hear stories of them selling out in minutes so never bother checking,

And don't think to check sites like stub hub for reasons you've stated above

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

How do you get tickets at that price and where from,genuine question,

always fancied going to a fight night but hear stories of them selling out in minutes so never bother checking,

And don't think to check sites like stub hub for reasons you've stated above

I was pretty lucky, just followed the selling details from Eddie Hearns twitter, didn't bother with fightpass or anything like that (even they missed out for the most part!)

I logged onto the o2 site around half an hour before sale, into the virtual queue and struck lucky with my selection, its a pain to get them but worth it for such a big contest.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Blimey is GGG 1/7?

Massive massive favorite....

He is with Paddy Power mate.

I won a nice little ton on Rory McIlroy winning last week so figured I could lose £25 on Brook. Would love it if he won though. Really hope he does it....

9 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I was pretty lucky, just followed the selling details from Eddie Hearns twitter, didn't bother with fightpass or anything like that (even they missed out for the most part!)

I logged onto the o2 site around half an hour before sale, into the virtual queue and struck lucky with my selection, its a pain to get them but worth it for such a big contest.

Nice one,always assumed there was a points system,abit like ours,

So is it as straight forward as getting in the site before it opens and hoping for the best,

mans is it pritty much the same for all fights,

mrs wants to go to a Joshua fight

Just now, Russell sprout said:

Nice one,always assumed there was a points system,abit like ours,

So is it as straight forward as getting in the site before it opens and hoping for the best,

mans is it pritty much the same for all fights,

mrs wants to go to a Joshua fight

Yeah it shouldn't be too tricky getting tickets for AJ while he's knocking over bum's. Just be savvy with the selling details from Matchroom or Hearns twitter feed. I wouldn't bother getting fightpass as theres only a select amount of tickets for a shedload of members.

1 minute ago, Durnerz said:

Yeah it shouldn't be too tricky getting tickets for AJ while he's knocking over bum's. Just be savvy with the selling details from Matchroom or Hearns twitter feed. I wouldn't bother getting fightpass as theres only a select amount of tickets for a shedload of members.

I don't do social media:whistle:

so abit behind everyone else,

you recommend just going through o2 site or have you had good experiences with other sites,like matchroom??

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

I don't do social media:whistle:

so abit behind everyone else,

you recommend just going through o2 site or have you had good experiences with other sites,like matchroom??

Ahhhh get yourself a twitter account and follow Eddie Hearn or keep checking the Matchroom website.

This is my first live boxing event but I'd recommend the buying method from the O2. Stubhub is reportedly safe to use but its bloody extortionate!

21 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

He is with Paddy Power mate.

I won a nice little ton on Rory McIlroy winning last week so figured I could lose £25 on Brook. Would love it if he won though. Really hope he does it....

£25 on kell to win! Jesus, lol. At least it'll be a good pay out if it somehow comes off.

just out of I interest how many here have seen golovkin fight? Or at least seen some highlights? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

£25 on kell to win! Jesus, lol. At least it'll be a good pay out if it somehow comes off.

just out of I interest how many here have seen golovkin fight? Or at least seen some highlights? 

I've watched his fights against Macklin and Murray and highlights of the rest, its hard to find a weakness. Perfect footwork, cast iron chin and a repertoire of punches that hurt. Oh and he's actually a nice bloke on top of it all.

3 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I've watched his fights against Macklin and Murray and highlights of the rest, its hard to find a weakness. Perfect footwork, cast iron chin and a repertoire of punches that hurt. Oh and he's actually a nice bloke on top of it all.

He broke Macklin in two and Martin Murray, fair play to him as he gave it a real go, looked like he'd been hit by a Land Rover by the time the ref called it.

im of the opinion the only real reason you'd fight golovkin is the pay day. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

He broke Macklin in two and Martin Murray, fair play to him as he gave it a real go, looked like he'd been hit by a Land Rover by the time the ref called it.

im of the opinion the only real reason you'd fight golovkin is the pay day. 

Indeed. What worries me is Brook hasn't had a big night in a few years since the Porter fight, admittedly through injury and supposed avoidance by others. Still, sometimes miracles happen when you least expect them.....

31 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Ahhhh get yourself a twitter account and follow Eddie Hearn or keep checking the Matchroom website.

This is my first live boxing event but I'd recommend the buying method from the O2. Stubhub is reportedly safe to use but its bloody extortionate!

I refuse to do Twitter :D or Facebook or any social media,thanks for the advise pal,

hopefully il get a ticket soon,all be it the hard way with me not doing social media

2 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Indeed. What worries me is Brook hasn't had a big night in a few years since the Porter fight, admittedly through injury and supposed avoidance by others. Still, sometimes miracles happen when you least expect them.....

The thing for me is that miracles tend to happen in boxing when the boxer in question has a bit of punching power, buster Douglas Oliver McCall etc. Not the greatest but can throw a punch. 

kell can hit at welter but it's punches in bunches not a big single shot that's going to trouble golovkin. For me he can't knock him out and he will have to get a lot further than a lot of middle weights have ever managed just to get to points never mind win.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The thing for me is that miracles tend to happen in boxing when the boxer in question has a bit of punching power, buster Douglas Oliver McCall etc. Not the greatest but can throw a punch. 

kell can hit at welter but it's punches in bunches not a big single shot that's going to trouble golovkin. For me he can't knock him out and he will have to get a lot further than a lot of middle weights have ever managed just to get to points never mind win.

Yeah that's pretty much my thought. Prince Naseem was banging on about an 11th round KO for Brook, I just cant see it happening. Stick and move and do what Mayweather did against Pacquiao would be the best strategy I could come up with, easier said than done with the way GGG cuts the ring off with the only alternative being to kick him in the balls to get away.

2 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Yeah that's pretty much my thought. Prince Naseem was banging on about an 11th round KO for Brook, I just cant see it happening. Stick and move and do what Mayweather did against Pacquiao would be the best strategy I could come up with, easier said than done with the way GGG cuts the ring off with the only alternative being to kick him in the balls to get away.

He's fantastic at cutting off the ring, there's a reason Mayweather refused to fight him and it's got nothing to do with the reasons he gave publically, at the end of the day he took Canello on and he tends to climb into the ring at around the same weight,

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Definite case of heart ruling head, but I've put £25 on Brook at 5/1. Just got a feeling and no wisdom or knowledge to base it on apart from home advantage and Kel looks well up for it. Also had a couple of quid on the draw at 40/1 as you never know! GGG 1/7 on suggests I've wasted my money but bollux to it. 

Brook ok winning this would also throw Amir khan back into the shadows....

The unknown surrounding Brook at middleweight, is actually a positive for him imo. Nobody, apart from those in his camp, know what Brook is capable at that weight. Is it really his more 'natural' weight like he and Ingle says it is? Who knows....But it certainly makes Golovkin question what kind of Brook he is going to face, certainly not one we have seen before.

Brook isn't a massive puncher, but neither was the great Mayweather. 

The sensible money is on Golovkin by KO, but Golovkin has been caught fairly easily in almost every fight he has been in, with none of his opponents having the speed or boxing ability of Brook.

It's a bigger fight for Golovkin more than Brook. Brook has the chance to become the greatest British fighter of all time if he somehow dethrones GGG, and if defeated can still have big money fights at lower weights e.g. Khan. Whereas for GGG, despite his record, this is the first time he has fought a true top class fighter. Geale was already broken.

If Brook proves to be the better 'boxer' he has a far greater chance than people think, but GGG will always have the punchers chance....But it is actually possible Brook could gain a lot more power if this is his 'natural' weight.

Think Canelo v Khan, but with a less chinny and physically bigger Brook. He actually looks bigger than GGG, who looks a lot more worried now he isn't facing a smaller guy.

27 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Bet 365 has Brook to win on points at 9/1, think I might chuck a small amount on seeing as if he is to win I can't see it a KO. But in all honestly I just can't see him winning at all, you never know though!

As I've said points would involve sticking with a man who hands out beatings for 8 solid rounds without even looking tired, for 12 rounds. That's just getting to points never mind landing enough punches to win it. 

Kell Brook is no Mayweather and even Mayweather ducked Golovkin. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

As I've said points would involve sticking with a man who hands out beatings for 8 solid rounds without even looking tired, for 12 rounds. That's just getting to points never mind landing enough punches to win it. 

Kell Brook is no Mayweather and even Mayweather ducked Golovkin. 

Oh no completely agree it's more of a bet with the heart then head, I cannot see Golovkin losing and like you said the effort Brook would need to win would be outrageous 

11 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Oh no completely agree it's more of a bet with the heart then head, I cannot see Golovkin losing and like you said the effort Brook would need to win would be outrageous 

I honestly think golovkin will be physically able to block most of kells shots with his face if he wanted to lol Amazed this even going ahead still.

Although nobody should get me I do want Kell to win, he'll be the biggest name in world boxing if he steps up two weights and does this. imo should win sports personality as well which is quite impressive given the faviourate for me has an Olympic gold medal and Wimbledon title. But yeah seems impossible to me.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I honestly think golovkin will be physically able to block most of kells shots with his face if he wanted to lol Amazed this even going ahead still.

Although nobody should get me I do want Kell to win, he'll be the biggest name in world boxing if he steps up two weights and does this. imo should win sports personality as well which is quite impressive given the faviourate for me has an Olympic gold medal and Wimbledon title. But yeah seems impossible to me.

You putting any dosh on it Pab? I don't think I will but if I did I'd go for the fight to go the distance with Golovkin on points.

Yes/no?

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You putting any dosh on it Pab? I don't think I will but if I did I'd go for the fight to go the distance with Golovkin on points.

Yes/no?

He's never been taken to points col. Well....not over 12 anyway. But then kell is technically speaking the most talented fighter he has fought.

exactly what will happen is very hard to call with kell carrying the extra weight. id avoid betting on it like the plague myself but I guess golovkin points is not the worst shout as otherwise your picking a ko round. As you no doubt noticed golovkin outright not worth it.