Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

As soon as Brook started showboating and dancing around, you just knew the end was close as it's just a bravado way of going into survival mode and trying not to be hit rather than looking to exchange.

Good effort but pretty much the expected result, have seen most of Golovkin's fights and he was rarely into 3rd gear tonight despite what the forever clueless Sky mob try and force down peoples throats (Malinaggi the exception)

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

As soon as Brook started showboating and dancing around, you just knew the end was close as it's just a bravado way of going into survival mode and trying not to be hit rather than looking to exchange.

Good effort but pretty much the expected result, have seen most of Golovkin's fights and he was rarely into 3rd gear tonight despite what the forever clueless Sky mob try and force down peoples throats (Malinaggi the exception)

couldn't help but laugh at Eubanks tweet lol

Amazing effort by brook 

GGG was always winning  the end 

but I'm not sure GGG would beat a Calzaghi  or Froch in der prime at 160-168 

sorry but his head doesn't move and a proper champion at 160-168 could damage him 

he is good ...but has to prove himself really against a true 160-168 fighter unfortunately it's not a classic era at that weight currently , I think he mentioned billy Joe lol  FFS I'd give him a better fight than him 

the facf BJS has a belt shows its a bit weak the division 

Edited by GaelicFox

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Amazing effort by brook 

GGG was always winning  the end 

but I'm not sure GGG would beat a Calzaghi  or Froch in der prime at 160-168 

sorry but his head doesn't move and a proper champion at 160-168 could damage him 

he is good ...but has to prove himself really , I think he mentioned billy Joe lol  FFS I'd give him a better fight than him 

Billy joe is current WBO champion... not too bad to take that fight, would make money because it is a unification fight 

49 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The Sky commentators are hard to listen to...

"Brook is having the fight of his life" "No one saw this coming from Brook..." I've not witnessed anything like this in my 25 years commentating for Sky" "oh he's lost"

errrrm he got the s**t knocked out of him as everyone expected putting up a little bit of resistance as everyone expected..

Sky can **** off

Right in a certain context but anyone who expected kell brook to not put up a bit of a fight is an idiot I agree. He's a world class boxer.

what ammuses me most, and before Col or Gaelic jump on this like its a shot at them as its not more at the media, is the "well he's jumped up two weights" line.

you don't jump up two weights to face a man like that, it was obvious, it was the first thing I thought when I saw it, the best in his division and the best in the world in the divisions below have ducked him. 

If you want to talk about performances, hats off to kell but GGG, wow, the only thing I'd fault him on in thrown to landed but aside from that, jaw dropping, his chin especially kell must be use to dropping folk with a few of those punches, all he got was a nod of approval tonight.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just heard Brook interviewed on HBO and he's well pissed off the fight was stopped and thought he could have gone on to win. He's a proud man and wanted to continue but his corner wanted to protect him and see no long term damage. It's a difficult balance but maybe Kel with thank them in the long term. But he held his arms out 30 seconds before the stoppage saying 'you ain't hurting me!' I wanted the ref to decide it but there you go...

Unless his eye socket is actually fractured, it's bull shit. It could well be so if that's the case fair play.

i don't care who you are if your going to beat golovkin your going to take punches and get hurt in the process.

the deep cynic in me thinks they had this worked out from the start, put up five rounds make a name, call out canello.....and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this all suits Hearn as now he can get a second pay day out of golovkin if he can set up the Eubank fight and then market kell in America as the man stepping down in weight to fight canello. 

had a lot of respect for Eddie Hearn before tonight but seemed there was a serious problem with his ring side judges,, I'm not one to accuse another man of corruption on a public website as that would land the website in questionIn trouble, but how the blue fck Haskins won by five rounds on one card and the judges had kell up is utter beggars belief. Perhaps he should pick them better and not pay them so well if you know what I mean.

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Monumental effort by Brook tonight. 

It was. And fair play, having the guts to even continue was awesome.

The reality is that GGG looked like he could finish the bout whenever he wanted to.

The bit that interested me was after the fight when Galovkin said Brook 'wasn't a middleweight' because he (Galovkin) wasn't shaken by the power of his punches.

I don't think GGG was bull-shitting on this. He took a few good ones, yes, but he was making out that Brook just didnt 'feel' like a middleweight. I guess he was right. 

I don't think we have any middleweights in his class at present. Saunders and Eubank Junior are good fighters, but GGG is different class by the looks of it.

At least this was a proper scrap. That was the best bit. And we didn't have to suffer another dose of AJ strutting out to some rapper, to then knock some big duffer over in the first two rounds.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Unless his eye socket is actually fractured, it's bull shit. It could well be so if that's the case fair play.

i don't care who you are if your going to beat golovkin your going to take punches and get hurt in the process.

the deep cynic in me thinks they had this worked out from the start, put up five rounds make a name, call out canello.....and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this all suits Hearn as now he can get a second pay day out of golovkin if he can set up the Eubank fight and then market kell in America as the man stepping down in weight to fight canello. 

had a lot of respect for Eddie Hearn before tonight but seemed there was a serious problem with his ring side judges,, I'm not one to accuse another man of corruption on a public website as that would land the website in questionIn trouble, but how the blue fck Haskins won by five rounds on one card and the judges had kell up is utter beggars belief. Perhaps he should pick them better and not pay them so well if you know what I mean.

I think you are looking too much into it, kell couldn't get a respectable fight at his weight and needed something big.. so they went with this because it seems golovkin is struggling to find anyone brave enough at his weight, despite the obvious mismatch I think both came out well from it. Credit to kell that was a good fight... 

I've seen a lot of Golovkin's fights over the years and never have I seen a fight where he doesn't get hit. That's why he is so exciting to watch, his style is to come forward and trade toe to toe, get hit and hit his opponent. Kell did well but Sky were licking his balls afterwards talking about how he hit GGG, sucking first timers into thinking Kell did something that no other boxer has ever done.

One fight I watched GGG inexplicably getting hit for an entire round and then knocked out his opponent a round or so later. Afterwards he admitted that he let his opponent hit him to get the crowd excited and then ended the fight when he had enough. He's not a defensive fighter like Mayweather, the only problem is i've never seen an opponent even remotely hurt him hence why its difficult for him to get big fights.

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think you are looking too much into it, kell couldn't get a respectable fight at his weight and needed something big.. so they went with this because it seems golovkin is struggling to find anyone brave enough at his weight, despite the obvious mismatch I think both came out well from it. Credit to kell that was a good fight... 

Im not looking into anything to do with his reasons for taking that fight, that was money and ambition. I'm purely coming for the perspective off once that fights signed, how do we make the most of it.

and my comments  towards the judges are throw away in re to the main event, the Haskins fight verdict was unbelievable. That's my main gripe, if lee Haskins won it was by two at the most and that's  by the most one sided eye, one judge had him Down by 5.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

It doesn't matter how plucky or brave or whatever else he may have been, he was never going to win and he got the shit kicked out of him in five.

GGG is a monster. They could naturally have been the same weight and the outcome wouldn't change.

Guy destroyed his eye socket after two FFS. Think his trainers know a bit more than a couple of biased fans on here who thought Brook was really in with a chance.

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Billy joe is current WBO champion... not too bad to take that fight, would make money because it is a unification fight 

Miss match BJS would get battered by GGG ! Ffs a clown like Eubank nearly had him 

I think GGG will be back in london again to fight he has earned a huge pay packet here 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Question is, should GGG now step up the weight divisions if there's no competition at his current weight?

He's obviously 2 or 3 classes above the best of the rest.

He sort of has to move up to make the paydays , after he cleans up BJS there is  Canelo for him next early summer or fall in Vegas after that he is jumping up 

the guy is a machine but Brook hit him with some nice shot and regularly enough ,  if that was Froch at a catch weight say 164 then GGG would have been in trouble early 

james DeGail might get a shot at him in london or US if he fights and beats Jack 

the super middleweight division is too political not enough fights between the champions ....GGG would have them all lined up for paydays 

im excited to see what GGG can do once he steps up again  but I'm thinking he is going to get beat at some stage with such an average defence and head movement  , yes he has an iron head but a can opener opens a can .... And brook marked him ...a true super middle would cut him and bash him 

But right now GGG is the best pound for pound on planet And id pay for ringside seats again to see him 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It doesn't matter how plucky or brave or whatever else he may have been, he was never going to win and he got the shit kicked out of him in five.

GGG is a monster. They could naturally have been the same weight and the outcome wouldn't change.

Guy destroyed his eye socket after two FFS. Think his trainers know a bit more than a couple of biased fans on here who thought Brook was really in with a chance.

Fair enough call after the fight and ya it looked obvious but I was in the arena Finners and it was electric brook might never get a night like that in his career again and if he slipped that shot that injured the eye socket  he was taking GGG to tricky places 

it was a decent fight .... Yes GGG is a monster but Kell Brook lost nothing in defeat infact he will be PPV all the way now as I think his next day out will be in the US for a light middle title 

he was never stopping GGG and was always likely to be tagged ....but he has a chin we know that now the future is huge for Kell after this no more mandatory contests 

outside the heavy weights he is our lot exciting fighter and all of that because he took this fight and performed really well 

I have been to over 100 fights and this was good .... The experience and entertainment was lasting 

I'll go to America to see Kell fight , he deserves the following now 

someone told me they sold 500-600k PPV buys last night !!!! What a pay day for Brook, more than the rest of his career combined ! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I want to see that fight, Saunders is unbeaten although he doesn't have the power golovkin has. But it isn't all about that. Billy Joe is a world champion and I think it would make for an exciting fight 

I like knock outs , crave them 

ill go to this ....to see BJS knocked out ! 

He ducked GGG .... No balls 

i think BJS might lose that belt before he finds his balls to fight  GGG 

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

I've seen a lot of Golovkin's fights over the years and never have I seen a fight where he doesn't get hit. That's why he is so exciting to watch, his style is to come forward and trade toe to toe, get hit and hit his opponent. Kell did well but Sky were licking his balls afterwards talking about how he hit GGG, sucking first timers into thinking Kell did something that no other boxer has ever done.

One fight I watched GGG inexplicably getting hit for an entire round and then knocked out his opponent a round or so later. Afterwards he admitted that he let his opponent hit him to get the crowd excited and then ended the fight when he had enough. He's not a defensive fighter like Mayweather, the only problem is i've never seen an opponent even remotely hurt him hence why its difficult for him to get big fights.

But really none of them have been hitters , well so he says lol , his style is amazing he walks them down when he chooses to and they can't stop him. 

I can't disagree with you 

but let's see how he does when he moves up to super and even above that 

I'm so glad I have seen him fight in flesh 

best pound for pound on planet ....no doubt 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It was. And fair play, having the guts to even continue was awesome.

The reality is that GGG looked like he could finish the bout whenever he wanted to.

The bit that interested me was after the fight when Galovkin said Brook 'wasn't a middleweight' because he (Galovkin) wasn't shaken by the power of his punches.

I don't think GGG was bull-shitting on this. He took a few good ones, yes, but he was making out that Brook just didnt 'feel' like a middleweight. I guess he was right. 

I don't think we have any middleweights in his class at present. Saunders and Eubank Junior are good fighters, but GGG is different class by the looks of it.

At least this was a proper scrap. That was the best bit. And we didn't have to suffer another dose of AJ strutting out to some rapper, to then knock some big duffer over in the first two rounds.

I don't think the world has a middleweight in his class at present never mind Great Britain, mans a wrecking machine.