Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

46 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I haven't seen the fight in video yet 

but can some one explain how Hall lost ??? 

I thought he won by 2?

stich up .... One guy near me had £2500 on hall on points :( 

Fcking fck knows. 

And ill ill tell you something for free if Haskins won it was most certainly not by the crazy margins I herd, I'm still hoping I miss herd one as I swear one judge had Haskins win by about 4/5!

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fcking fck knows. 

And ill ill tell you something for free if Haskins won it was most certainly not by the crazy margins I herd, I'm still hoping I miss herd one as I swear one judge had Haskins win by about 4/5!

Some own said 117-111 on judge had it 

well he needs feeding to my uncles pigs !!!

Guest Col city fan
24 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fcking fck knows. 

I watched the fight. Haskins clearly won the first few. But Hall must have surely won the last half of the fight. The boos at the end pretty much said it all.

The 117/111 did happen and I can't understand that at all.

Edited by Col city fan
Update

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:
22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Do you really see that ever happening lol. They call him that for a reason 

Haha not a chance in a million years will it happen, but would love to see it rumoured just so we can get the absolutely hilarious excuses from Adonis on why he is turning the fight down. If they were anything like some of the things he was spouting to not fight Kovalev it would be along the lines of "I'm desperate for the fight but I understand that Golovkin is an absolute legend in Kazakhstan and Ioved by millions so I just don't want to be the one to break the hearts of all those people" lollol 

The fight could make sense as it would allow Golovkin to test the waters at light heavy without having to go straight in with a Kovalev or Ward. If he doesn't fancy jumping straight in with a top 4 or 5 light heavy, maybe even a Jean Pascal or Cleverley to see where he's at?

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Love to see ward golovkin, would actually go out of my way to be up all night to watch it, but I don't think it will ever happen. If he jumps up golovkin will go super middle at most, jumping weight that much is a tricky game (as we've seen) and for someone who's main strengths are punching power and the ability to come forward taking shots, the impact your skill set is going to have on an opponent is going to be seriously reduced. Plus there is the fact that golovkin is a pretty small bloke who doesn't have to lose a lot of weight to make fight weight compared to most, his punching power has pretty much allowed him to box at one of the heaviest weights he can from the outset. But surely for the sake of his legacy he needs to manage titles at two weights so I think he will give it a go at some point.

Golovkin called out BJS straight away and I've just looked at his Twitter, safe to say BJS is game, so after Billy's mandatory that will get pencilled in for Spring I'd imagine, and I'm pretty sure he will get Knocked over as well. Think Eubanks moment has been and gone for this. 

From there I've no idea, he seems open to doing business on these shores so it's clear this fights been worth it financially, so if that's the case maybe de gale or jack.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Love to see ward golovkin, would actually go out of my way to be up all night to watch it, but I don't think it will ever happen. If he jumps up golovkin will go super middle at most, jumping weight that much is a tricky game (as we've seen) and for someone who's main strengths are punching power and the ability to come forward taking shots, the impact your skill set is going to have on an opponent is going to be seriously reduced. Plus there is the fact that golovkin is a pretty small bloke who doesn't have to lose a lot of weight to make fight weight compared to most, his punching power has pretty much allowed him to box at one of the heaviest weights he can from the outset. But surely for the sake of his legacy he needs to manage titles at two weights so I think he will give it a go at some point.

Golovkin called out BJS straight away and I've just looked at his Twitter, safe to say BJS is game, so after Billy's mandatory that will get pencilled in for Spring I'd imagine, and I'm pretty sure he will get Knocked over as well. Think Eubanks moment has been and gone for this. 

From there I've no idea, he seems open to doing business on these shores so it's clear this fights been worth it financially, so if that's the case maybe de gale or jack.

Id actually forgot about De Gale and think id much prefer to see that than the Billy Joe fight but totally understand Golovkin wanting to unify the lot before stepping up.

Agree that Eubank has blown his chance (unless he can really get under the skin GGG to force the fight)

I too would pay to watch him fight Ward, but with GGG's non existent head movement id fancy that Ward would box his head off without really hurting him, then just stay out of range and spoil when needed, which lets be honest he's pretty damn good at.

26 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Id actually forgot about De Gale and think id much prefer to see that than the Billy Joe fight but totally understand Golovkin wanting to unify the lot before stepping up.

Agree that Eubank has blown his chance (unless he can really get under the skin GGG to force the fight)

I too would pay to watch him fight Ward, but with GGG's non existent head movement id fancy that Ward would box his head off without really hurting him, then just stay out of range and spoil when needed, which lets be honest he's pretty damn good at.

Billy Joe's a bit of a nothing fight, he might hang round longer than Kell but I doubt he will go out and win three rounds like Kell did. TBF if it weren't for the fact that GGG probably the most entertaining man in boxing to watch I wouldn't bother.

It's hard at the moment as everyone seems to be fighting this Autumn lol Given he's 34 he's gonna do it I would imagine he'd knock out Saunders vacate immediately and get on with it. We shall see, I have a sneaking feeling he might just stay at middleweight which would ruin any chance of him being viewed as one of the GOAT but it's his call. Mayweather's "he needs to step up" line may of been an obvious deflection of the question and a distraction from the fact that he doesn't want any of Golovkin at all lol but he is fundamentally correct.

Well what a night that was!

Really good undercard with a cracking view from our seats, pretty much anywhere in the O2 gives you a decent view of the action, far more enclosed than it looks on tv for sure.

Conor Benn is ridiculously quick, it seems faster in person and you feel the punches more, even from the upper tier. Thought Callum Smith wasn't anywhere near as good as he's being talked up to be, Paul Smith impressed me more. How judges reached a 117-111 scorecard on the Haskins vs Hall fight i'll never know, all round confusion when that was read out.

Charlie Edwards looked out of his depth against Casimero, decent fight and a great shot to end it but still early on in his career. Incredible how many people miss out on the undercard and turn up 5mins before Brook made his entrance, only in London I guess.

The atmosphere for the main event was unreal, properly intense and up there with the best in any sport I've watched live. Great to finally say I've had the pleasure of watching Michael Buffer announce a big fight also. It was like a Rocky fight going to and fro and I was amazed when Brook backed Golovkin up and made him hold on. I feared for Brook when the first body shot landed in round 1, how he took that when others like Macklin crumbled i'll never know. Proper heart.

Everyone was confused by the stoppage, especially as Brook seemed to dance around and play the 'you're not hurting me' card. There was an ugly feeling afterwards as the alcohol began to take effect and some were clearly looking for a fight. On reflection knowing what we do now it was a perfect decision from Dominic Ingle and averted certain disaster. Great account given by Brook though and surprised many. GGG is just ridiculous though, cannot see anyone beating him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Im fading too fast, and also think canello will knock him into next week. In desperate need of inspiration to stay up.

Smith totally out classed but brave lad he will come again 

Canelo and GGG next year in Vegas is the fight the world wants now 

5 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Smith totally out classed but brave lad he will come again 

Canelo and GGG next year in Vegas is the fight the world wants now 

Managed to get a stream so spent most the morning catching up on both title fights. Smith As I suspected not in same league as Saul. Usyk to good as well one to watch out for if your one of the other belt holders, 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Managed to get a stream so spent most the morning catching up on both title fights. Smith As I suspected not in same league as Saul. Usyk to good as well one to watch out for if your one of the other belt holders, 

Usyk can make some massive fights in UK 

So fights keep coming, Crolla on Saturday.

Who I feel a bit sorry for as it's actually potentially going to be a decent tear up compared to the two recent miss matches (though Kell did well) for two world titles and he's not even on PPV lol I can see why people just don't seem to pay the money for anything below Welter. 

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So fights keep coming, Crolla on Saturday.

Who I feel a bit sorry for as it's actually potentially going to be a decent tear up compared to the two recent miss matches (though Kell did well) for two world titles and he's not even on PPV lol I can see why people just don't seem to pay the money for anything below Welter. 

He will still get a decent payday