Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Seems far too simplistic for me.

Bi-polar disorder is a psychosis. The depression part is endogenous. Far from being diagnosed by a simple questionnaire....there's a whole range of clinical symptoms that the person has little control of without adequate treatment. And numerous tests can be used in its diagnosis, along with the presence or absence of these symptoms.

Thats why I asked the question earlier...is he suffering from bi polar disorder or depression?

Reactive depression is a neurosis. This is the type that can more readily diagnosed and the symptoms can often be controlled with a relatively short term dose of anti depressants and/psychotherapy.

If, as Gaelic alluded to earlier, Fury's depression is of the endogenous type, he's probably suffering big time right now. And 'facing up to it' is much much easier said than done. The drinking could well be self medication. If he's suffering from either type, it's very likely that giving a shit about climbing back into the ring is the last thing on his mind.

Without clearer info it's impossible to tell how he's being affected. Which of course is quite right. He'd probably want to keep anything confidential anyway. Far removed from himself or his entourage wanting to tell the media or the public or at least, not until he's ready to.

I can see anyone who has already paid to see Fury v Klitch as being pissed off...it's a lot of money. I can also see why they probably shouldn't be pissed off.

Anyway, back on subject..the fights about to start.

Bi polar is very different to depression, I'll be amazed if he is bi polar, i know he does the odd silly thing but nothing that adds up to mania, and I'm of the opinion of if it was endogenous it would have had a bigger effect on his career before now. With the changes in his standings in the media and situational things surrounding him I'd say  it's either reactive or totally fictional. And increased alcohol intake due to him having a very large bender after winning the title. But I'm not the one with his medical records or anything to do with his care, so guessing anything is pissing In the wind really as usually the case with mental health unless you have all the info. 

Anyway as you say, boxing. lol 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Listen if he told you bend over for the soap you would say "yes darling"

lol 

I meant the power and physique 

lol Linares' back obviously the star of the show so far. Turning into a good scrap now. They both look tired already. Two top class fighters. Good stuff...

• Like 1

On 21 September 2016 at 15:41, Manwell Pablo said:

So fights keep coming, Crolla on Saturday.

Who I feel a bit sorry for as it's actually potentially going to be a decent tear up compared to the two recent miss matches (though Kell did well) for two world titles and he's not even on PPV lol I can see why people just don't seem to pay the money for anything below Welter. 

I wonder how he'll fair - I thought the bodyshot that took his opponent out in his comeback fight was a bit err well, suss.