Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 minutes ago, IOWFOX said:

I dont get how you can perfectly understand the question and reply so expressively but not speak a word of english :rolleyes:

His interpreter whispers in his ear as the question is being asked, spanish is spoken at a much quicker pace than english so easy to keep pace.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Wow it's 5 years old 

but gives a great hindsight view of fury and his head 

There is a name for what I have," he says, "where, one minute I'm happy, and the next minute I'm sad, like commit-suicide-sad. And for no reason – nothing's changed."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

Edited by GaelicFox

Fury is clearly a troubled man, always has been.  Such a shame that the press and public wont take it into account.

I remember an interview with him a couple of days after he won the belts where he said he thought it would have felt better and then after a press conference after Wlad confirmed he was activating his re-match clause, Fury said to Kugan Cassius that he doesnt really care if he wins or loses as he'd already won the belts so had achieved what he wanted too.  

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for Fury.

I don't like the guy, his views,etc....

But he hasn't been given the credit he deserves. Going to Germany, beating Klitschko on points (More impressive than a KO imo), he should have became an instant British great.

Just look at the Brook v Golovkin hype. How it would be the greatest ever win for a British fighter? Really? Sure, Golovkin is a big puncher, but he isn't a top boxer. He hasn't fought a fighter than could be considered 'world class', let alone 'elite' or 'Hall of fame' level. The fact Brook, a welterweight, was his 'biggest test', means he isn't deserving of any 'pound for pound' titles.

Fury's win should be up there with the great achievements of Lennox Lewis, Ricky Hatton, Prince Naseem Hamed etc.

Edited by Grewks

Narh, **** Fury. You can be bipolar or have borderline personality disorder, or whatever is really wrong with him, and still be a cvnt.

Nobody should have to suffer mental illness and I'm sympathetic to his ills, I'm not sitting here typing this at 3:30am because my life is always fantastic, but you can be ill and still be a pr!ck.

The press and the public shouldn't have to take anything "in to account", his views and his opinions aren't any illness they're just him being a twat and for the most part it's that that people don't like about him.

Him being a little eccentric or highly strung has never really been the problem.

Edited by Finnegan

29 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Eddie Hearn puts the boot in lol

In all honesty I think he's right, seen the last of Tyson Fury in a boxing ring for me. 

Hearn just trying to get what he can for his own fighter. Thought he was a bit out of line wading in TBH but then that's boxing.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hearn just trying to get what he can for his own fighter. Thought he was a bit out of line wading in TBH but then that's boxing.

Mr Boxing at the minute aint he, got an opinion on everything, and quite a lot of people want to hear his opinion on everything oddly. 

So, another week another British title fight, at least Nathan Cleverly is going for a belt instead of defending one meaning on the bright side we can't lose three world Champions in three weeks lol .....having lost his last fight I am slight confused how he's even got the shot in the first place but all the best to him, Jurgen certainly not unbeatable. 

50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mr Boxing at the minute aint he, got an opinion on everything, and quite a lot of people want to hear his opinion on everything oddly. 

So, another week another British title fight, at least Nathan Cleverly is going for a belt instead of defending one meaning on the bright side we can't lose three world Champions in three weeks lol .....having lost his last fight I am slight confused how he's even got the shot in the first place but all the best to him, Jurgen certainly not unbeatable. 

Haven't seen a Clev fight since falling asleep on my sofa watching that mess against Bellew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Railway Man said:

Can't see it, he seems totally out of it.

His legacy could be destroyed as well if this drug issue keeps arising, he's making it very hard for us to believe he is clean.

Anyone who believes any of them are clean is slightly deluded 

you can't be clean at boxing it's impossible to make it to the top 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think he must have serous backers as he must have bought this shot 

Apparently Tyson Fury has tested positive for Cocaine and could/will be stripped of all his titles.

Find it quite funny when people are stripped of titles, it happened, they did it, so it can't really be stripped can it, you can take that belt, medal, trophy away but it still happened.

Edited by Matt

On 9/25/2016 at 20:42, Grewks said:

I feel sorry for Fury.

I don't like the guy, his views,etc....

But he hasn't been given the credit he deserves. Going to Germany, beating Klitschko on points (More impressive than a KO imo), he should have became an instant British great.

Just look at the Brook v Golovkin hype. How it would be the greatest ever win for a British fighter? Really? Sure, Golovkin is a big puncher, but he isn't a top boxer. He hasn't fought a fighter than could be considered 'world class', let alone 'elite' or 'Hall of fame' level. The fact Brook, a welterweight, was his 'biggest test', means he isn't deserving of any 'pound for pound' titles.

Fury's win should be up there with the great achievements of Lennox Lewis, Ricky Hatton, Prince Naseem Hamed etc.

On 9/25/2016 at 22:30, Finnegan said:

Narh, **** Fury. You can be bipolar or have borderline personality disorder, or whatever is really wrong with him, and still be a cvnt.

Nobody should have to suffer mental illness and I'm sympathetic to his ills, I'm not sitting here typing this at 3:30am because my life is always fantastic, but you can be ill and still be a pr!ck.

The press and the public shouldn't have to take anything "in to account", his views and his opinions aren't any illness they're just him being a twat and for the most part it's that that people don't like about him.

Him being a little eccentric or highly strung has never really been the problem.

Agree with finners here. You can have bipolar/ be a manic depressive and be more of a kind hearted introvert And having views is one thing but being such an insensitive idiot about it  all up  in peoples faces and not seem to care who you offend... Well you just cant do that and wonder why people dont warm to you when you win the world title....

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Jeez, Rip to young Mike Towell who has died after an eliminator fight for the British Welterweight title on Thursday.

Shows again how dangerous a sport it is once you step between the ropes, also thoughts to his opponent Dale Evans, christ knows what's going through his head now when he was just out their doing his job.

Only seen one of Towells fights and it seemed he was a game, toe to toe fighter, as much as I love watching these types of fighters you can see why they are at most risk of something tragic happening.

Edited by EastAnglianFox