Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Didn't realise there was a boxing topic so apologies if this has been covered. But here's one to look out for, a local lad from Boggy Fleas, Lyon Woodstock.  Exciting fighter signed by Frank Warren, I predict he'll be Leicester's next world champ. Or at least a challenger.

• Like 1

I remember hearing the other day Eddie Hearn hinting at a 'triple heavyweight card' in December.

Haye has already confirmed he's fighting on the tenth.....

Dillian Whyte wants Chisora....

Joshua vs Klitschko.

Eddie could be making a triffic care here.

10 hours ago, Grewks said:

I remember hearing the other day Eddie Hearn hinting at a 'triple heavyweight card' in December.

Haye has already confirmed he's fighting on the tenth.....

Dillian Whyte wants Chisora....

Joshua vs Klitschko.

Eddie could be making a triffic care here.

Has it been announced who Haye is fighting? No doubt i'll be disappointed that it's not Briggs. Really want that fight to happen and think Briggs could do him.

Anyone watch the Burns fight last night? Brilliant fight!

Dillian Whyte's fight last night was pretty good aswell, think he's a twat but he's quite decent at boxing.

I've been saying Joshua needs a challenge, a big fight, but think Klitschko is abit much yet, it'll certainly be a big marker of how good he is win or lose.

Heavyweight division is looking great atm! Love it!

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Has it been announced who Haye is fighting? No doubt i'll be disappointed that it's not Briggs. Really want that fight to happen and think Briggs could do him.

Anyone watch the Burns fight last night? Brilliant fight!

Dillian Whyte's fight last night was pretty good aswell, think he's a twat but he's quite decent at boxing.

I've been saying Joshua needs a challenge, a big fight, but think Klitschko is abit much yet, it'll certainly be a big marker of how good he is win or lose.

Heavyweight division is looking great atm! Love it!

Oh Matt!

Briggs won't be able to get near David Hayes!

Ricky Burns judges all need to go to specsavers , he won the fight but by no more than a Couple of rounds

that kid he beat will come again and improve for that experience , burns v broner in Vegas ? bit of a mismatch for me and no way a PPV fight 

Whilst I agree that the Burns fight was closer, I only scored the first 2 and last 2 for Hatton's challenger. So the 116-112 were fair imo.

Burns v Broner is just obviously a last pay day for Burns, a miraculous win would ensure 'another last pay day' though.

As for Briggs getting near David Haye? He couldn't get near Lennox Lewis years ago, he hasn't got a chance of getting near a faster guy in Haye now.

Wlad v Joshua is an interesting one. For me, if Wlad performs like he did against Fury, Joshua KOs him.

Joshua v Wilder, for all the belts, at Wembley, is what I want next year.

And as for Dillian Whyte, if the other guy was in shape, I think he would've beat Whyte.

As he says himself, he is a 'fighter'. He doesn't have the boxing ability/brain to get to world level.

Basically a younger chisora. That's why the potential fight with chisora will be very interesting.

On 09/10/2016 at 10:27, Durnerz said:

Whyte looks in much better shape than before but ability-wise looks like British level is his limit. Don't like him as a person and see him as an average fighter.

Burns was run close in that fight but the scoring was atrocious.

His future surely is MMA , think he had a kick boxing background 

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

His future surely is MMA , think he had a kick boxing background 

Yeah good shout, should be smashing that standard of opposition if he wants to reach world title level.

Joshua vs Klitschko looks to be edging nearer though.

12 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Yeah good shout, should be smashing that standard of opposition if he wants to reach world title level.

Joshua vs Klitschko looks to be edging nearer though.

Im told its a money thing Joshua wants 60/40 

i think haye v Joshua might be easier to make and the numbers make sense as there is no needs for a stadium fight 

Joshua v klitchko is too big for O2 in my mind

Edited by GaelicFox

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Im told its a money thing Joshua wants 60/40 

i think haye v Joshua might be easier to make and the numbers make sense as there is no needs for a stadium fight 

Joshua v klitchko is too big for O2 in my mind

Hayes said he will take the fight but I have my doubts, always talks big then pulls out and fights a bum instead. 

Wembley would be bigger than o2 but weather could be an issue.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Hayes said he will take the fight but I have my doubts, always talks big then pulls out and fights a bum instead. 

Ya weather makes outdoor show at this time of year till next April and May impossible 

I hope your right , would be excited to go to that , I'm not a huge fan of AJ and the fact Whyte rocked him is not great but he is fit and ready to go and The Ukrainian would struggle to beat him , I think klitchko is cooked and the division has moved on 

3 hours ago, Durnerz said:

I think haye is the best British heavy weight (at the min) there is a big reason why Hearn is getting Joshua to avoid haye, for another year!! Very very dangerous fight for Joshua that, after klitchko's shocking performance against fury, i bet the Joshua camp are very confident of a win 

52 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I think haye is the best British heavy weight (at the min) there is a big reason why Hearn is getting Joshua to avoid haye, for another year!! Very very dangerous fight for Joshua that, after klitchko's shocking performance against fury, i bet the Joshua camp are very confident of a win 

Agree with this 

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

I would say Joshua's got all the attributes of a top heavyweight, It'll be interesting if Haye goes in with Briggs, we'll really see what level he's at then.

7 hours ago, Durnerz said:

I would say Joshua's got all the attributes of a top heavyweight, It'll be interesting if Haye goes in with Briggs, we'll really see what level he's at then.

My guess haye k.o within 4 rounds, Hayes power is one of the best in the game!!

Guest Col city fan
On Sunday, October 09, 2016 at 04:21, Grewks said:

And as for Dillian Whyte, if the other guy was in shape, I think he would've beat Whyte.

As he says himself, he is a 'fighter'. He doesn't have the boxing ability/brain to get to world level.

Basically a younger chisora. That's why the potential fight with chisora will be very interesting.

Looks like Whyte has really trimmed down...looked a lot sharper than he did when he fought AJ.

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Agree...

On 10/8/2016 at 17:22, GaelicFox said:

Ricky Burns judges all need to go to specsavers , he won the fight but by no more than a Couple of rounds

that kid he beat will come again and improve for that experience , burns v broner in Vegas ? bit of a mismatch for me and no way a PPV fight 

Lots of very concerning scores on cards at Matchroom boxing events recently if you ask me.

BTW Shannon Briggs at 44 is not going to trouble David Haye in the slightest gentleman, the man has taken far to many whacks to the head and needs to retire.  

27 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Lots of very concerning scores on cards at Matchroom boxing events recently if you ask me.

BTW Shannon Briggs at 44 is not going to trouble David Haye in the slightest gentleman, the man has taken far to many whacks to the head and needs to retire.  

Shannon Brigg wouldn't trouble anyone who is a serious contender , totally agree it's a joke bout haye and Briggs 

the matchroom judging is starting to stink more and more