Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, MPH said:

Joshua Molina december 10th.  Not the Klitch fight i wanted but better than David Price!

Another underwhelming fight for Joshua. It's getting boring. I'll say for about the 10th time, it's about time Joshua fought someone who could actually beat him.

Chisora/White should be a decent scrap at least.

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another underwhelming fight for Joshua. It's getting boring. I'll say for about the 10th time, it's about time Joshua fought someone who could actually beat him.

Chisora/White should be a decent scrap at least.

Probably smart to have a more than winnable fight before the klitch fight tbh... i mean he HAS only had 17 professional fight after all and there is going to be a huge gulf in experience.... Lose before klitch AND lose the klitch fight and there will be not many roads back from that as people would then have a perfect excuse to avoid his KO ability....

Edited by MPH

Give hearn he dues he knows how to build a show and balance things well ! 

Look at frank warrens mess in Cardiff end of this month 

Joshua can't be kicked for taking this fight he needs a work out and he has a huge fight in the spring coming so all in all it's a fair enough opponent 

14 hours ago, MPH said:

Probably smart to have a more than winnable fight before the klitch fight tbh... i mean he HAS only had 17 professional fight after all and there is going to be a huge gulf in experience.... Lose before klitch AND lose the klitch fight and there will be not many roads back from that as people would then have a perfect excuse to avoid his KO ability....

Do not try and use boxing reason with Col when it comes to Joshua's relative boxing inexperience and explain how he is building his career, he just doesn't get it. lol 

To be honest when you are climbing in the ring with a man who has held three of boxing's world titles for 5 years and defended one of his belts for about 11 years over about 20 fights in three months time I think it's pretty safe to say you're not going to be jumping in the ring with anyone too risky. To say he should be fighting bigger names when he has been cleared to fight Wlad for the WBA Heavyweight title as early as March is obviously ridiculous. 

Molina might surprise a few of you anyway, typical part time boxing fan I haven't heard of him so he must be another nobody attitude on display here, he's ranked in the top ten by two of the governing bodies, decent pedigree, can punch, half decent technique, not the greatest defense which is probably why Hearn views him as a good match up for AJ, took Wilder who I currently view as the best in the division to nine rounds and quite frankly gave him a pasting in one of the earlier rounds, I would be very interested to see if AJ stays on his feet if he takes some of the shots Wilder had to ride early in that fight. I'd expect an AJ win and I'd expect it early but definitely another step up for him, will be a decent benchmark as well as I think he will become the first fighter both Wilder and Joshua have fought. I wouldn't pay for it but in typical Hearn fashion he's got a fascinating domestic fight topping the under card.  

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Molina might surprise a few of you anyway, typical part time boxing fan I haven't heard of him so he must be another nobody attitude on display here, he's ranked in the top ten by two of the governing bodies, decent pedigree, can punch, half decent technique, not the greatest defense which is probably why Hearn views him as a good match up for AJ, took Wilder who I currently view as the best in the division to nine rounds and quite frankly gave him a pasting in one of the earlier rounds, I would be very interested to see if AJ stays on his feet if he takes some of the shots Wilder had to ride early in that fight. I'd expect an AJ win and I'd expect it early but definitely another step up for him, will be a decent benchmark as well as I think he will become the first fighter both Wilder and Joshua have fought. I wouldn't pay for it but in typical Hearn fashion he's got a fascinating domestic fight topping the under card.  

Come on mate, it's a terrible matchup, he can't punch at all, just look at the records of the boxers has beaten, either US/ Mexcican journey, corpses or washed up cruiserweights. The fight against Wilder was an embarrassment and this will be even worse.

It's hard to take them seriously that Klitschko was a potential opponent when this is the end result, at this stage of his career he shouldn't be having fights where the bookies make him a 1/66 shot.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Come on mate, it's a terrible matchup, he can't punch at all, just look at the records of the boxers has beaten, either US/ Mexcican journey, corpses or washed up cruiserweights. The fight against Wilder was an embarrassment and this will be even worse.

It's hard to take them seriously that Klitschko was a potential opponent when this is the end result, at this stage of his career he shouldn't be having fights where the bookies make him a 1/66 shot.

I aint making him out to be Muhammed Ali Matt as I say I'd expect a Joshua win and a Joshua win early, but he has knockout power in his punches. The fight was, largely, extremely one sided against Wilder but in one of the earlier rounds I remember Molina utterly dominating and nearly putting him on his arse, It'll be a decent benchmark, and another step up. I say again it's not a fight I'd pay to watch. 

He's fighting Klitschko in about 3 months time I am struggling to see what people are actually expecting in terms of a match up three months before that. 

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10640704/eric-molina-hurt-deontay-wilder-in-dramatic-world-title-fight-last-year

Here I've found it, round three it was by the looks of it.

You're telling me you wouldn't be interested to see what would happen if Joshua's completely untested chin gets caught with the shot wilder takes on 00:45

The big fight everyone will want to see one day of course will be wilder v Joshua and I absolutely expect wilder to be trying to call Joshua out as soon as possible before Joshua gets any better and more experienced.. he'll push for that after the klitch fight...

Just now, MPH said:

The big fight everyone will want to see one day of course will be wilder v Joshua and I absolutely expect wilder to be trying to call Joshua out as soon as possible before Joshua gets any better and more experienced.. he'll push for that after the klitch fight...

That'd be the smart thing to do from Wilders perspective.

I don't think Eddie will be keen however, it'll be Wlad, probably knock over a mandatory or two, Joeseph Parker, knock over a mandatory or two, David Haye I reckon....after that you might see the super fight in 3/4 years time. Assuming he wins all of those fights and Wilder doesn't fight any of those three before Joshua gets to them. 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That'd be the smart thing to do from Wilders perspective.

I don't think Eddie will be keen however, it'll be Wlad, probably knock over a mandatory or two, Joeseph Parker, knock over a mandatory or two, David Haye I reckon....after that you might see the super fight in 3/4 years time. Assuming he wins all of those fights and Wilder doesn't fight any of those three before Joshua gets to them. 

Its nice to have an interesting heavyweight division again.

In other divisions...excited to see prospects like Connor Benn coming through.. and who wouldnt want to see him fight Eubank Jr in the future :D

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

In other divisions...excited to see prospects like Connor Benn coming through.. and who wouldnt want to see him fight Eubank Jr in the future :D

Weight difference probably a barrier there, having said that Benn could get heavier with age.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Benn is a decent prospect and stood out when I watched him on the undercard of GGG vs Brook, his hands are ridiculously fast in the flesh. The only issue seems to be he lacks patience and as a result get's tagged very easily.

As he get's older and most likely heavier it'd be a promoters dream to see that fight take place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Benn is a decent prospect and stood out when I watched him on the undercard of GGG vs Brook, his hands are ridiculously fast in the flesh. The only issue seems to be he lacks patience and as a result get's tagged very easily.

As he get's older and most likely heavier it'd be a promoters dream to see that fight take place.

He definitely needs to  tighten up his defence... but what a contender he will be when he does....

Guest Col city fan
12 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Do not try and use boxing reason with Col when it comes to Joshua's relative boxing inexperience and explain how he is building his career, he just doesn't get it. lol 

To be honest when you are climbing in the ring with a man who has held three of boxing's world titles for 5 years and defended one of his belts for about 11 years over about 20 fights in three months time I think it's pretty safe to say you're not going to be jumping in the ring with anyone too risky. To say he should be fighting bigger names when he has been cleared to fight Wlad for the WBA Heavyweight title as early as March is obviously ridiculous. 

Of course I get it..money. I just don't agree with you. As usual though, your response to any argument is to take the piss.

I'm simply bored of seeing AJ getting put in with big lumps. Having been brought up watching Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield et al, it's about time AJ had a real fight. He ain't a kid anymore is he?

Behind all the Hearne razzmatazz, a proper fight for him would be nice, rather than having what seems an eternal build up.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

David Haye might be wBO champ early next year and a huge stadium fight in early summer between Haye and Joshua 

Even that would be worth watching. I think Haye would give AJ a fight.

Guest Col city fan
11 hours ago, MattP said:

Bang on. I'm pretty sure Pablo is related to Hearne?

Edited by Col city fan

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Of course I get it..money. I just don't agree with you. As usual though, your response to any argument is to take the piss.

I'm simply bored of seeing AJ getting put in with big lumps. Having been brought up watching Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield et al, it's about time AJ had a real fight. He ain't a kid anymore is he?

Behind all the Hearne razzmatazz, a proper fight for him would be nice, rather than having what seems an eternal build up.

The same Bruno and Tyson who didn't fight for titles until their 27th and 28th fights? :unsure:

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, lildave3 said:

The same Bruno and Tyson who didn't fight for titles until their 27th and 28th fights? :unsure:

And both had fought some good opponents before their title fights. Particularly Bruno of course. I don't think he fought Oliver McCall till he was about 34? But he'd had some really good scraps well before that.

I'm simply saying I know why AJ is being given these relative non events over and over again. Money. It's not for experience or to build him up, it's about dragging the gravy train on for as long as they can.

Tyson was world champion at 20 years old...they knew he was good enough, and simply chucked him in to beat whoever was put him front of him. 

I fear AJ's next fight is going to be as boring and as one sided as most of the ones before it. I'm fully aware of WHY they are doing what they are doing, but as a member of the viewing public, it's dull.

Ill probably pay per view on fight night...I love boxing...but that won't be to watch AJ particularly. It'll be to see the undercard.

Edited by Col city fan

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Note wrong with a bit of light hearted piss taking my friend. Your the first person to tell people calm down when your at it. 

As has already been explained to you about 50 times, no, it is not. Have a look what the fighters you mention were doing in their 18th professional fight, knocking out miss matches, and before we get the "they'd had some scraps line" no they really hadn't, by the time Bruno and Tyson had got to their 18th fight they had about 36 rounds of boxing experience each and Holyfield was still at cruiser I think, AJ is actually street ahead in terms of where he is at at this stage in his career compared to to those fighters.

It's just the way it works, you build your record, and it is not all about money, you need to learn, it's not like Tennis or Football or any other sport at all really, defeats are devastating and sometimes career ending in this sport. 

Besides 1) I had a look at some of the fights coming up for potential high ranked IBF fighters, he is the highest ranked opponent without a fight signed in November December or January, bar David Haye, and I surely don't have to go into the specifics of why that is not a fight being rushed, absolutly no one has replied to my point as to who they actually expect AJ to fight at this moment in time 2) He's going to fight Wlad in about 3-4 months for his second world title so what's your problem lol 

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Bang on. I'm pretty sure Pablo is related to Hearne?

I think you should really have a look at some of the things I've said about Eddie Hearne lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Madness in Ireland it was paddy Barnes pro debut and it ended in farce in 4th his opponent a durable and obviously Slavchev physically picked up Barnes and placed him over his shoulder in a fireman’s lift and walked across the ring, lol 

leading to referee Russell handing him a disqualification for foul play.

now that's a debut few who saw it will ever forget it !!!