Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

He was 'working' for Boxnation (The channel who was covering the fight) whether he was actually asked by them to be a pundit, or whether he asked them just so he could be there to stir up, or whether he was just there anyway and then decided to talk to Boxnation I don't know.

I know when I was watching it Haye said RTL (German TV Station) asked to do an interview with him so he did and they decided to do the interview right infront of Klitschko's manager/people and that kicked off abit.

But it's not asif it's out of the ordinary for boxers to go to fights, especially when a potential fight with one of the boxers involved is on the cards. Don't get me wrong Haye stirred it up and I think that was his intention all along but still it's not unusual to see boxers at fights not involving them.

I see, that's fair enough then. Though I still think he's absolute moron for going over to these guys, antagonising them and making this happen though. I hand't actually heard of this other guy until today but I don't think much of him either!

Also, who the f**k punches someone with a glass bottle in their hand?! How can anyone actually be that stupid!

Don't understand why people are banging on about how exciting a fight it's going to be when these two get in the ring. I'd be surprised if either of them ever boxed again tbh. David Haye has basically attacked two people with weapons infront of about 100 witnesses, if you did that on the street you'd be locked up in prison for it. I doubt he'll ever be able to box professionally again.

If anybodys interested, heres a video of the whole thing

Edited by MrSpaM

Both men are an embarrassment to Britain and British Boxing and need to take some responsibility in understanding what and how they represent to the wider public.

It's likely all a set up for two never good enough nearlyweights to get another boxoffice pay per plonker payout.

Both men deserve to be ridiculed and nothing more.

Both men are an embarrassment to Britain and British Boxing and need to take some responsibility in understanding what and how they represent to the wider public.

It's likely all a set up for two never good enough nearlyweights to get another boxoffice pay per plonker payout.

Both men deserve to be ridiculed and nothing more.

Pay per view is not used over here any more so that's out of the window.

Anyone advocating a life ban for what went on is way off the mark.

Boxing is a circus, and the hype is all part of it. The problem with Chisora is that he is a ****, a walking fight, his people should have known and stopped him getting up close with Haye at all.

As for the robots they are methodical efficient fighters and probably decent men but they are as boring as ****; If they had some sparkle about them they would be earning 10 times what they are by fighting in the states.

The states has lost the heavyweight division off it's radar because of these two lumps, I'm hoping for everyone that if not Haye then someone comes along to liven things up.

Looks like Haye came out of that looking like a bigger @rsehole than DelBoy.

Haye has always come across as the intelligent type of Boxer but he made himself look desperate and a fool to stoop so low.

DelBoy seems abit of a dumbass.

Where was Frank Warren and DelBoys entourage to stop all of the shite?

The only ones to come out of it with credit are the Klit Brothers!

I know. The whole division is a mess. Never seen such a poor standard of boxing at this level. Can't blame the Klitschkos - they have maintained their dignity & can only fight what's available

Kimbo Slice has taken up pro boxing in this division and could ruffle a few feathers. You remember him from this maybe? The King of the Web Brawlers.

He also had 6 fights in MMA, winning 4, losing 2. But its so easy to lose in that.

He's currently 3/0 in pro boxing with 2 knockouts and 1 decision. Below is his debut fight, 10 sec knockout...BOOM

Edited by Leicfox
  • Like 1

Kimbo must be older than me and thats saying something!

Comes to something when a street brawler is mentioned in the Heavyweight Ranks!

He wont even get in the Top 10 rankings whilst in our lifetime...if he DOES then i will fight him!!

Exactly.

He'll have the same problem in Boxing that he had in MMA and that is when he comes up against someone with a good amount of skill, he doesnt know how to handle it. If he faced a boxer who was a little more mobile, they'd just move around the ring for a couple of rounds and Kimbo would be knackered.

Kimbo Slice has taken up pro boxing in this division and could ruffle a few feathers. You remember him from this maybe? The King of the Web Brawlers.

He also had 6 fights in MMA, winning 4, losing 2. But its so easy to lose in that.

He's currently 3/0 in pro boxing with 2 knockouts and 1 decision. Below is his debut fight, 10 sec knockout...BOOM

I hope you are joking.

Kimbo is a bum, always was always will be. He got knocked out by a jab by Seth Petruzelli so can you imagine what a decent heavyweight boxer would do to him?

The "fighters" he is currently knocking out can't even get on prospect undercards in most places.

Edited by MattP

Boxing is dead now anyway. Hardly anybody is interested it in anymore. MMA > Boxing.

If you want to watch two guy in panties rolling around with their nuts in each other's face. "copyright Bernard Hopkins"

Boxing is far from dead, just 4 years ago 35,000 Englishmen travelled all the way to America to watch a fight, similar numbers flew to Germany last year, that's something no MMA fighter will ever get near because it just doesnt have the allure of boxing, there is nothing like a big fight night, imagine how many people would pay £15 for Pacquiao v Mayweather compared to Georges St Pierre V Anderson Silva or John Jones.

Boxing is alive, I was at Groves V De Gale, two british fighters not even at European level at the time and it sold out the 02, Haye v Harrison even sold out lol

The only thing MMA has over boxing is the best have to fight the best, that will dissappear over time though as greed and money takes over like it has with the four bodies in Boxing.

I went the Groves - DeGale fight, what a fight it was. Not one for the average boxing fan but a real good tactical fight with the right result. So often boxing is marred by wrong decisions and I feared it that night as it was on a Warren promotion. Groves fought excellently to plan on the backfoot, I think he'll go very far in the sport, tough division though.

Good weekend of action, the Povetkin Huck fight was fantastic, exactly how a heavyweight fight should be.

Maidana looked poor, Broner looks like a superstar, hope he is on the Vegas undercard when I go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MattP

Comfy for Burns, about time he stepped up now to fight a Broner or Guerrero.

Fight of the year contender last night in Salido v Lopez. Must watch for any fight fan.