Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

probably the opposite.... people will see his frailties and think he will be an easy fight...

great first two rounds for Khan but if he gets caught with a good punch... yet again he is down....

He wants Mayweather. After beating Cotto, why would Mayweather go near Khan? There is no money in it

He wants Mayweather. After beating Cotto, why would Mayweather go near Khan? There is no money in it

It depends.

Khan will indeed need to redeem himself after this... he is going to need a couple of big wins and after that...

If the fight is in England there could be huge money in it for mayweather..

Guest MattP

Khan rebuilds again.

Fair play to Garcia, their tactics in the build up were racist and offensive but they did exactly what they wanted, got him to come out and fight wild.

The talk of going upto 147 is bizarre ATM with his chin.

Edited by MattP

That's exactly why I thought Khan would lose, garcia's underrated and khan overrated, he's got a poor chin and it seemed a pretty good bet that he would lose, But of course I chickened out and didnt place my haye+garcia double.

Anyone know what odds garcia was?

Guest MattP

That's exactly why I thought Khan would lose, garcia's underrated and khan overrated, he's got a poor chin and it seemed a pretty good bet that he would lose, But of course I chickened out and didnt place my haye+garcia double.

Anyone know what odds garcia was?

4-1 over here, up to +550 on the Vegas line.

It was correct to be fair, Garcia looked very average v Morales and doesn't generally bang. Khan just can't trade, it's incredible what losing Ariza has done to his chin, he took far bigger bombs from Maidana than what knocked him down tonight.

4-1 over here, up to +550 on the Vegas line.

It was correct to be fair, Garcia looked very average v Morales and doesn't generally bang. Khan just can't trade, it's incredible what losing Ariza has done to his chin, he took far bigger bombs from Maidana than what knocked him down tonight.

Jeez that makes me feel great lol.

Was shocked when Garcia floored Khan, he looked on top until then, I glanced away for a second looked up Khan was on the floor. Glad I sky plussed it.

I don't know if Khan's career is over but he is going to do well to come back from that.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Khan is a laughing stock, too big headed like most British Boxers, he got a pasting by Garcia last night.

Garcia made a prediction that he would knock out Khan within the first three rounds, but to do it in four is just as impressive, I like boxers who make predictions and finish the fight within the rounds they say.

Khan is overrated, Garcia is a very good unbeaten fighter. The likes of Mayweather and Pacquiao would knock Khan out within their first five punches not first five rounds.

Khan is a laughing stock, too big headed like most British Boxers, he got a pasting by Garcia last night.

Garcia made a prediction that he would knock out Khan within the first three rounds, but to do it in four is just as impressive, I like boxers who make predictions and finish the fight within the rounds they say.

Khan is overrated, Garcia is a very good unbeaten fighter. The likes of Mayweather and Pacquiao would knock Khan out within their first five punches not first five rounds.

I wouldn't have complained had the referee declared a KO on that first knock-down. Garcia hit the snot out of Khan and the ref gave Khan about three seconds after he counted to 8 to get himself together. Khan was even struggling to get to his corner after that.

I watched the fight with a couple of friends and none of us believed Garcia was on a title-holder level. He's decent and undefeated but he's caught a few boxers on the decline while he himself is young. And for the first two rounds, Garcia clearly didn't look like he was ready to take his game to the next level. But before the fight, I said the funny thing about boxing is that sometimes, it only takes one punch to change everything, and boy, did Garcia rock Khan with that left.

A boxer that is as good as Khan doesn't even give Garcia a chance to land that left because he would have connected with the right to the head on that combo that directly preceded the knockdown in the 3rd.

The guy has been found out. In a couple of years he well may be wearing a belt in 140 lbs but that's only because every decent light-welterweight will move up to welterweight and Khan has clearly lost his chance to fight for a belt at that class. He thought he could take on Mayweather lol

To be fair to Khan, his post-bout analysis was correct, he admitted mistakes and didn't criticize the ref for stopping the fight.

Edited by Jordan

It depends.

Khan will indeed need to redeem himself after this... he is going to need a couple of big wins and after that...

If the fight is in England there could be huge money in it for mayweather..

There would be no way in hell Mayweather would fight Khan in the UK, even if Khan were to have won.

Money Mayweather only fights in one city now and he makes damn sure he makes every penny he can. If a 43-0 Ricky Hatton had to fight Mayweather in Vegas, so, too, would any other British boxer if there happened to be one good enough to get that fight in the first place.

The only way Mayweather would ever fight anybody outside of the MGM Grand is if somehow he agrees to a fight with Manny Pacquaio at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, but this is a moot point because we all know this will never happen.

Wouldn't say khan got a pasting. He's got a shit chin and when he takes a good punch he's down.

He had the first 2 and a half rounds yesterday.

This.

Khan's chin, for a boxer of his standard, is laughable.

One solid punch and he'd be out cold, but he is still a good boxer.

Although Manny and Mayweather would eat him for breakfast.

All correct about Khan's chin - but he didn't even really box well for the first two rounds.

Garcia is a slow starter and Khan should have made those 2 rounds count. As soon as Khan slowed down and went toe to toe, it was Garcia's fight all day long.

Fair play to Garcia. I'm not sure how far he can go, but he hits hard and makes his punches count.

Personally, I think Khan will switch down a weight but might even struggle a little in that division, he's lost his way a bit and a decent punch really shakes him up.

Devastating loss for Khan, me and my brother were just commenting on how good Khan looked before Garcia struck him with that wild and aimless left hook. For me he was totally bossing Garcia upto that point, he was too fast and was hitting from such a distance that Garcia couldn't get close who then resorted to swinging wild blows in Khans direction.

If Khan hadn't been so riled by Garcia's classless father and had been smart i think Khan would have bossed him for the entire fight and got an easy decision or a late stoppage (Garcia was already cut badly in the second), however he reverted to type and tried to be the grand entertainer and tried to make a point by blasting him out of there by standing toe to toe. That was simply suicide by somebody with such an incredibly weak chin, maybe Khan felt the Prescott fight was a long time ago and his body has changed, he found out the hard way that that wasn't the case.

As for David Haye cracking result for him, he truly has got the biggest pound for pound right hand in boxing, and that along with his speed and excellent technique means he is truly world class for me. If he was the same size as the Klitschkos he would take them out relatively easily, as it is their size advantage means he isn't likely to get close enough to punish them which is a damned shame.

As for David Haye cracking result for him, he truly has got the biggest pound for pound right hand in boxing, and that along with his speed and excellent technique means he is truly world class for me. If he was the same size as the Klitschkos he would take them out relatively easily, as it is their size advantage means he isn't likely to get close enough to punish them which is a damned shame.

Absolutely spot on with Haye.

He'll talk his way into a fight with Vitali, I have no doubt.

I also think he'll lose for the same reasons you've said.