Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Khan didn’t look good in the first two rounds either as it was clear then that his game plan was all wrong. He just doesn’t have the power to trade and every time he gets drawn into a fight he loses. I think he is just a bit too stupid to realise what he needs to do and trying to be the tough guy doesn’t work for his skillset. His camp certainly don’t help and I was surprised that Freddie Roach had prepared him so poorly for this fight.

With his size, speed and chin he should always be fighting at range and concentrating on his defence. He could even have got through the fourth if he had have been sensible and not gone after a desperate KO which was never going to happen with his lack of power. Until he accepts his limitations and actually uses the tools he does have he will keep getting built up only to be knocked flat on his face against a crude opponent.

Fair play to Khan, as a young, above average, not world class, he fast tracked himself into the limelight and if he had one would have got himself a massive pay packet against my friend Mayweather.

I work with a few yanks and they believe Khan is overated and mediocre and that the British public have overhyped him, and although he is quick and sharp, he was alway going to get caught, and with his glass chin he was always going to lose against the cream!!

He will rebuild, fight a couple of chumps and hopefully get that big money fight he is after and retire!!

I'd actually fear for Khans safety if he were to fight Manny P or Mayweather........

I'd feel for his safety if he faught you Manpabs!!

You know, I don’t actually think we were responsible for overhyping him for a change. Golden Boy and HBO hyped him to the moon once he started to fight in the states, partly because their Victor Ortiz investment had blown up in their face. He was offered large TV deals early in his career by both ITV and then Sky because of the Olympic silver medal but even then nobody was really talking about him as a top ten pound for pound fighter. The way he was built up in America over his last few fights was ridiculous to those who had followed his career from the start.

Guest MattP

As for David Haye cracking result for him, he truly has got the biggest pound for pound right hand in boxing, and that along with his speed and excellent technique means he is truly world class for me. If he was the same size as the Klitschkos he would take them out relatively easily, as it is their size advantage means he isn't likely to get close enough to punish them which is a damned shame.

Biggest pound for pound right hand?? I can't have that, I'd say Wladimir Klitschko, Kirkland, Donaire, Bailey, Broner and Martinez all punch harder p4p.

No doubting his power at cruiserweight but he's only put down Chisora, Barrett and a washed up Ruiz at heavy, it's a shame he's so obsessed with cash he went the WBA route and we never saw him take on a heavyweight like Povetkin or Arreola, I think we'd learn more from that than any other fight. Maybe even Seth Mitchell.

Agree on Khan, he must be so frustrated, he's got every inch of talent any boxer would want but it's goodnight if someone hits, I still think the Ariza loss was huge as under him he was taking far bigger bombs from Maidana that what knocked him down Saturday.

I still think he'd beat Brook mind, he's beat most if he boxed properly, he could do a lot worse than brining in Manny Steward if available, he hasn't find a bad job with a guy who had little defence and an iffy chin.......

Guest MattP

Absolutely spot on with Haye.

He'll talk his way into a fight with Vitali, I have no doubt.

I also think he'll lose for the same reasons you've said.

I hope so, but Vitali is very close to that point where he'll grow old on a night and in boxing that's a tragic thing to watch.

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

I don't understand why Haye seems to attract dislike, apart from giving Harrison a payday i can't think of many bad fights hes been in.

I loved the guy at cruiser but his conduct in the heavyweight division from giving Harrison a payday to the cheap route to the alphahet "World title" he won didn't sit well with a lot of boxing fans.

Guest MattP

I apologise to the gentleman concerned sho claimed Hatton may be coming out...........

Good friend sent me a picture today and he appears to be really trimming down.........

AyK3Vh8CQAAON4P.jpg

I apologise to the gentleman concerned sho claimed Hatton may be coming out...........

Good friend sent me a picture today and he appears to be really trimming down.........

AyK3Vh8CQAAON4P.jpg

I originally posted about it, as I'd read somewhere that people close to him were saying he'd been hitting the gym hard for about a month. No need to apologise though it's only rumours.

Could be on then, imagine the buzz it would cause. It could be Hatton's biggest pay day maybe?

I see Audley Harrison gets another title shot against David Price. How did he manage that one?

Edited by Leicfox

Gutted when Khan got beat the other night. He was boxing well for the first two rounds but Garcia hits very hard and turned it around with some big shots.

Not sure why some people think Khan is overrated. Nine times out of ten I've seen him he's put on an excellent show with some dazzling skills. He's proved he's got heart too, more than once, including coming through that war with Maidana. That was a warrior fight. Great boxer.

I think he'll be back for more titles. Freddie Roach once said, "He's got balls, I can tell you that. There's no quit in him."

I originally posted about it, as I'd read somewhere that people close to him were saying he'd been hitting the gym hard for about a month. No need to apologise though it's only rumours.

Could be on then, imagine the buzz it would cause. It could be Hatton's biggest pay day maybe?

I see Audley Harrison gets another title shot against David Price. How did he manage that one?

Because Price will batter him.

Gutted when Khan got beat the other night. He was boxing well for the first two rounds but Garcia hits very hard and turned it around with some big shots.

Not sure why some people think Khan is overrated. Nine times out of ten I've seen him he's put on an excellent show with some dazzling skills. He's proved he's got heart too, more than once, including coming through that war with Maidana. That was a warrior fight. Great boxer.

I think he'll be back for more titles. Freddie Roach once said, "He's got balls, I can tell you that. There's no quit in him."

Garcia has never and will never be a hard hitter, Khan just struggles to take a shot. I think he really missed his conditioning coach Alex Ariza and I think he played a big part in helping prepare Amir to deal with bigger shots.

He does have great boxing skills but Amir refuses to use them and instead tries to fight with a chin and with power that he doesn't possess. Instead of using his speed and size he always gets drawn into a war which turns his fights into a 50/50 affair because this is not his strength. The fourth round was exciting in that fight but only because he was so dumb. He could have easily taken that round as a recovery round and stayed out of the way but instead he stood in front of Garcia desperately trying to knock him out. That is the exact opposite of what he needed to do and he got battered. While he does this he will always lose fights to lesser skilled fighters like Prescott, Garcia and Peterson.

Largely because the only fights for Price at the moment are Fury (and that isn't going to happen) and Chisora who has just fought Haye. It is still a bit too early for him to fight someone like Povetkin. I would imagine after Harrison they will try and put him in against somebody who got easily beat by a Klitschko or look for a decent gate keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Largely because the only fights for Price at the moment are Fury (and that isn't going to happen) and Chisora who has just fought Haye. It is still a bit too early for him to fight someone like Povetkin. I would imagine after Harrison they will try and put him in against somebody who got easily beat by a Klitschko or look for a decent gate keeper.

Harrison will beat Price.

AyK3Vh8CQAAON4P.jpg

That photo is taken from World Boxing News.

And the fella that 'sent it to you' got it off UKFF forum.

Guest MattP

That photo is taken from World Boxing News.

And the fella that 'sent it to you' got it off UKFF forum.

wtf?

It was John Murray actually who tweeted it to me and I copied the link.....what's the problem? You seem a bit obsessed with me at the minute Nicholas.

It's a tad weird don't you think to come into a thread to pick a post I made a few weeks ago and tell me where the picture came from? :unsure: I couldn't care less to be honest.

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

We just got robbed in the Olympic as well for anyone watching, Stalker fought a beauty off the back foot and got a dreadful decision, hope they appeal but it probably wont get overturned given we have had a couple of early round gift decisions with Ogogo and Joshua.

Guest MattP

Great night of boxing been set up for October as well, very tempted to get on Skyscanner and see what the flight options are......and excuse for California for a few days as well.

Rios V Alvarado and Nishioka V Donaire on the same card :sweating: :sweating:

Guest MattP

Appeal launched re Stalker fight.

I'm uncertain how far it will get him - his punches were cleaner and had better contact, just uncertain as to whether he threw enough of them.

Hope it comes through for him.

Hope he gets it, I thought he won the fight by 3 or 4 but you know what amatuer scoring can be like.

Like I said, we got a big gift with Big Anthony's decision over Savon in the first round so it's swings and roundabouts.

Edited by MattP

Hope he gets it, I thought he won the fight by 3 or 4 but you know what amatuer scoring can be like.

Like I said, we got a big gift with Big Anthony's decision over Savon in the first round so it's swings and roundabouts.

I didn't catch the earlier fights - it shouldn't work like that but boxing and 'judging decisions' often make me wonder how professional fighters (never mind amateurs) keep faith in their sport.