Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

I Like Kell Brook... and that was a peach of a shot that took him down....

I just dont like how static he is... and i hope he doesnt get found out by someone able to put him under real pressure....

Edited by MPH

Announced today that Tyson Fury will fight in a title fight eliminator against a russian boxer called Denis Boytsov. The winner facing Vitali Klitschko some time next year.

Both fighters are defending unbeaten records as Fury has won all of his 19 contests to date, 14 by knockout.

Boytsov, 26, boasts a record of 31 wins, 25 of those inside the distance.

I would be suprised if Fury, at his first attempt went on to become a world champion. Especially against one of the Klitschkos...

Wow.

Fury gets absolutely schooled by either Klitscho brother but fair play for taking this one.

Him V Boytsov is probably 60/40 in the Russians favour imo, he's been in with fighters better than Tyson has faced like Guinn and Gavern, will be interesting though.

Wow.

Fury gets absolutely schooled by either Klitscho brother but fair play for taking this one.

Him V Boytsov is probably 60/40 in the Russians favour imo, he's been in with fighters better than Tyson has faced like Guinn and Gavern, will be interesting though.

It seems to me that Boytsov relies heavily on working on the inside and getting lots of uppercuts in... Tyson CAN have the jab to keep him at bay and SHOULD have the reach to pick him off and it might be difficult for Boytsov to get inside.... But once Boytsov gets inside then it could well be game over... Its all about whether Boytsoc can get inside...

Edited by MPH

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Fury has improved as a fighter since Furth put him on his arse but this a pretty big step up.

I guess if you look at who Tyson has beaten recently - he stopped maddalone in 5 rounds who took Boytsov the full distance, did a number on Chisora who put in a spirited performance against, admittedly, Vitali, then he can have what it takes. BUT as Wladamir said recently Tyson is going to get better and better with every fight... . Tyson said after the maddalone fight that he wanted 3 or 4 before fighting a Klitschko... and Wladamir wants to fight him next year... ( sooner than 3 or 4) and thats a good move by Wladamir... and he is right,,, if he waited another 5 years i would be very confident in a Tyson win...

I think Tyson will beat Boytsov but lose against Wladamir... only to become world champion in a few years time.... possibly against Vitali...

I guess if you look at who Tyson has beaten recently - he stopped maddalone in 5 rounds who took Boytsov the full distance, did a number on Chisora who put in a spirited performance against, admittedly, Vitali, then he can have what it takes. BUT as Wladamir said recently Tyson is going to get better and better with every fight... . Tyson said after the maddalone fight that he wanted 3 or 4 before fighting a Klitschko... and Wladamir wants to fight him next year... ( sooner than 3 or 4) and thats a good move by Wladamir... and he is right,,, if he waited another 5 years i would be very confident in a Tyson win...

I think Tyson will beat Boytsov but lose against Wladamir... only to become world champion in a few years time.... possibly against Vitali...

I really hope Vitali isn't still fighting in a few years, looks like a shadow of himself in his prime now even though he is winning.

The Maddalone win does look pretty impressive now I've got to say, Chisora was goodf at the time but Dereck was clearly well overweight, a fully for Chisora v Fury would be a lot closer I think.

How bad does this look on David Price now? Whilst Fury fights Boytsov for the right to fight Klitschko he's going to be fighting Matt Skelton..... :unsure:

I really hope Vitali isn't still fighting in a few years, looks like a shadow of himself in his prime now even though he is winning.

The Maddalone win does look pretty impressive now I've got to say, Chisora was goodf at the time but Dereck was clearly well overweight, a fully for Chisora v Fury would be a lot closer I think.

How bad does this look on David Price now? Whilst Fury fights Boytsov for the right to fight Klitschko he's going to be fighting Matt Skelton..... :unsure:

lol

I myself have to remember that Price has only had 14 professional fights... i really would like him to have a few more before fighting the likes of a Klitschko..

Fury still ducked Price though.

You are right however, Price will have fought Sexton Harrison and Skelton, all of which are not even top 4 domestic heavyweights. He could do with stepping up a level.

He did, he's certainly laying it down now though in terms of contenders.

lol

I myself have to remember that Price has only had 14 professional fights... i really would like him to have a few more before fighting the likes of a Klitschko..

Fair point, he must be wishing he hadnt signed that Skelton contract now though, could make him look awful, could easily have stepped up to a half decent european.

He did, he's certainly laying it down now though in terms of contenders.

Fair point, he must be wishing he hadnt signed that Skelton contract now though, could make him look awful, could easily have stepped up to a half decent european.

I actually think a nice big gruelling fight where Price gets ten rounds in will be so much better for him in the long run.....

I reckon the next time there is a world title unification right ( which still might be 3+ years away)., it will be between Price and Fury. With Price to win.

I actually think a nice big gruelling fight where Price gets ten rounds in will be so much better for him in the long run.....

I reckon the next time there is a world title unification right ( which still might be 3+ years away)., it will be between Price and Fury. With Price to win.

Completely agree, he hasnt been 6 rounds for a few years now, could catch him out.

I hope they will both be up there, Kubrat Pulev and Seth Mitchell should both be as well though, and Deontay Wilder got a cracking review from Wlad after sparring him.

Pulev looked impressive in his last fight against the previously unbeaten... forgot his name. lol And Glad you mentioned mitchell... forgot about him.... he has a real Mike tyson-esque left hook and thats the punch that could cause all these big guys some trouble.. You are right about Mitchell... he should get his chance sooner or later...

Pulev looked impressive in his last fight against the previously unbeaten... forgot his name. lol And Glad you mentioned mitchell... forgot about him.... he has a real Mike tyson-esque left hook and thats the punch that could cause all these big guys some trouble.. You are right about Mitchell... he should get his chance sooner or later...

errr Dimitrenko was it? Think so, thought he looked the best of the Eastern European lugs though.

Mitchell and Wilder both need to step up now, about time, imagine matching them against Fury and Pirice now, be very interesting night of action.

Hmm... Intresting....

Britain's Tyson Fury is searching for a new opponent for his 1 December heavyweight fight in Belfast after Russian Denis Boytsov withdrew.

Continue reading the main story

“These things happen. It's been a frustrating two monthsâ€

Peter Fury Uncle and trainer of Tyson Fury

Unbeaten Boytsov, 26, was set to face 6ft 9in Fury at Odyssey Arena in a WBC world-title eliminator, but now says he requires more preparation.

"Boytsov has decided against the fight so we are now in discussions with a few other possible opponents," Fury's management told BBC Sport.

"The fight could still happen in 2013."

Fury, 24, claimed the vacant WBO Inter-Continental heavyweight title by stopping American Vinny Maddalone in the fifth round of his last fight in Somerset in July.

He has won all of his 19 contests to date, 14 by knockout, and is targeting a shot at reigning champion Vitali Klitschko.

Lee Squirrel of Hennessey Sports, who represent Fury, said: "We were in discussions with Boytsov's management team, [but] it looks like they wanted more time to prepare.

"Tyson will still be fighting on 1 December at the Odyssey Arena."

Fury's uncle and trainer Peter later tweeted his team are focused on "looking for someone to fill in the void."

He added: "These things happen. It's been a frustrating two months."

Edited by MPH