Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Gutted for him.

I listened on the radio from about the 3rd round and watched from the 7th. From what I heard and saw he looked good, defence weakened, got knackered and bang a bodyshot knocks him down.

Perhaps he should have gone for an 8 rounder, perhaps he should have gone for a lesser fighter (Not that i've heard of Senchenko if i'm honest and I do have an interest in boxing).

I think he did well.

Like I said last week I wasn't really sure on his return but I do like Hatton, I am a Hatton fan and it's as hard for him to retire as it is for us Hatton fans to think of boxing without him.

In other news gutted for Munroe - I didn't see or hear anything about the fight apart from he lost in the 6th round, gutted.

Not a good night for boxing as far as i'm concerned.

Hatton made so many mistakes with this come back.

Tried to run before he could walk with the choice of opponent who should have been chosen 2-3 fights down the track.

Then to compound matters he expected far too much of himself / tried to deliver a performance for the crowd and came out far too fast and tired himself out by round 6.

He was in pieces after the stoppage and I felt for him.

We all have our demons and Hatton has his fair share post career.

However thinking he can just turn up after 3.5 years and carry on where he left off and thus banish his demons was naive at best.

Climb a mountain for charity, row a boat around the world, go on a long bike ride... fill your life with something else and regain the respect and adulation you crave in another way, because you boxing career is over.

Fatty Hatton, fatty Hatton.

People will say well done, gutted for him, gave it his all.

No just no, it was the most pointless comeback in Sport, the guy is an idiot and will be in I'm a Celeb next year.

THIS.

People are saying it was good for him to do this. How? Whats changed to make these demons go away? At least losing to Mayweather and Pacman he's losing to top class opponents. In his prime he'd have walked through Senchenko.

In my mind, this is a worse way to go out.

Let's not forget Hatton was winning the fight albeit only by a round or two before the decent body blow that ended it all.

He did make mistakes and might of chosen a dif comeback route as already been highlighted but the main factor was his timing, he was all over the place at times but that was to be expected.

I think he has shown enough to carry on, but he's decided to retire again for good this time. Probably the wiser decision.

Edited by Leicfox

Watched both the fights.

Munroe came out well, won the first round, but then Quigg took control.

Body shot knocked Rendall down early in the 6th, he got up, still shaken, Quigg hit another body punch and it was good night.

Probably the end for Munroe now, not really anywhere else he can go.

Hatton came out pumped up, he took the opening few rounds, then around the 5th, he got sloppy.

Too many missed punches, Sebchenko kept catching him with big jabs.

Then in the 9th, Sebchenko hit a big body shot, Hatton went down, that was it.

Maybe he couldn't get up, maybe he didn't want too, who knows.

Hatton has never 'done it' for me.

In my opinion he disrespected the sport and his opponents by having a lack of control over his life between fights which ultimately, again only in my opinion, affected his durability and longevity in the sport..

If you're going to be an athlete it has to be 24/7/365.

End of the day Hatton got done, it was embarrassing and was pointless for him to comeback.

Looking at his face he got a beating, he looked a mess and he get's done with a body shot.

Like Bettsj2 said, losing to Mayweather and Pacman is nothing to be ashamed about, they are the two best fighters in boxing, losing to this guy Senchenko is a shocking way to go out.

Hatton even got beat up by his dad, yet he still wanted to get back into boxing, he is a full blown idiot and deserves everything he got last night.

Pointless just pointless.

Just got back from Manchester, boxing was a wash out just like the weather

The MEN arena should never have staged the fight, it was madness in there, too many people, if anything happened there would have been a stampede and god knows how it would have turned out.

Munroe did ok, but was up against a better boxer, i thought maybe he could have carried on, hard to say how hard he was getting hit in the ribs.

Hatton was winning on points imo, then got tired and sloppy.I thought on the count he was taking, was him taking a breather, and he would carry on, but then he just slumped down.

Maybe he thought enough was enough on the night , i hope not, only he will know this.

Best fighter on show last night was Martin Murray, top drawer

Pity his pride wouldn't let him take an easier fighter or fewer rounds. He was winning early but tired later in the fight. I'd hoped he'd have improved his defence but he hadn't - far to easy to hit. Should have set his shots up better with a jab. Just flew in with some punches and missed by miles. Was suprised when he didn't get up - I think he knew then he wasn't anywhere near what he used to be and had the answers he was looking for so it wasn't worth getting up.

Glad he retired, it was obvious if he won the Malignaggi fight was next. But it's just not worth it. Hope in some way this helped him battle his demons. Like someone else said, he needs to find something else to do with his life, probably away from boxing. I think just being a promoter is like putting a plaster over a gaping wound.

Quigg is as good as I thought he was, definate future World Title contender. Has it all.

As for Ricky I can't believe some of the comments, still a legend, he'll never be forgotton for that night against Kosta Tszyu and the trip to Vegas for the Mayweather fight with 30,000 fellow Brits was one of the greatest weekends of everyone who went theirs lives. That's without even mentioning Castillo, Urango, Paulie, and Collazo, all great nights that will live long in the memory, he wanted to see what he had left, we saw. No bother.

Never be another ticket seller like him.

There's only one Ricky Hatton.

Massive amount of respect to Hatton for his reaction to the loss, really. I've never been a big fan - not that I've ever particularly disliked the guy either - but I thought he was honest and humble in defeat and I hope he sticks to his decision now to quit for good.

Quigg is as good as I thought he was, definate future World Title contender. Has it all.

As for Ricky I can't believe some of the comments, still a legend, he'll never be forgotton for that night against Kosta Tszyu and the trip to Vegas for the Mayweather fight with 30,000 fellow Brits was one of the greatest weekends of everyone who went theirs lives. That's without even mentioning Castillo, Urango, Paulie, and Collazo, all great nights that will live long in the memory, he wanted to see what he had left, we saw. No bother.

Never be another ticket seller like him.

There's only one Ricky Hatton.

Massively jealous of you for that, something I've always wanted to do is go to the MGM to watch a British boxer fight there, It will never be matched by anyone as good as it was with Hatton.

I was watching youtube vids for hours the other day of all the fans in Vegas and the weigh in where it was just full of Hatton's fans. Looked and sounded absolutely amazing.

Edited by leicesterisme

Massively jealous of you for that, something I've always wanted to do is go to the MGM to watch a British boxer fight there, It will never be matched by anyone as good as it was with Hatton.

I was watching youtube vids for hours the other day of all the fans in Vegas and the weigh in where it was just full of Hatton's fans. Looked and sounded absolutely amazing.

It was amazing, I've been to Pacman v Cotto and Mayweather v Cotto there as well but nothing comes close to what we could produce with Hatton, the noise at his fights was something else.

The US anthem boo was one of the funniest things I've heard, the Americans didn't know what to do.

Edited by MattP

Just watched the Chris Eubank Jr fight, quite a good fight, I do think Eubank Jr thinks he is something special, abit too cocky and running before he can walk, he did well but abit too much showboating for my liking.

Looking forward to the Tyson Fury fight, Not really quite sure what to make of him, I like his style, I like him as a fighter, think he's abit of a cock but at the same time he is quite entertaining.

Just watched the Chris Eubank Jr fight, quite a good fight, I do think Eubank Jr thinks he is something special, abit too cocky and running before he can walk, he did well but abit too much showboating for my liking.

Looking forward to the Tyson Fury fight, Not really quite sure what to make of him, I like his style, I like him as a fighter, think he's abit of a cock but at the same time he is quite entertaining.

I really do think its absolutely unheard of for someone in their 8th fight to be fighting someone with the experience that Bradley Pryce had... 33 wins.. was a big test.

I personally think when it comes to showboating you just have GOT to have the skill to back it up. I Think Chris jr has it.

What is also unheard of is that he is fighting next week aswell! 2 fights in a week is completly unheard of as far as i know.

His camp is really building him up for the absolute top and he just may make it. i know i have just said it but to fight someone with that experience in only your 8th fight and win well is VERY impressive....

I really do think its absolutely unheard of for someone in their 8th fight to be fighting someone with the experience that Bradley Pryce had... 33 wins.. was a big test.

I personally think when it comes to showboating you just have GOT to have the skill to back it up. I Think Chris jr has it.

What is also unheard of is that he is fighting next week aswell! 2 fights in a week is completly unheard of as far as i know.

His camp is really building him up for the absolute top and he just may make it. i know i have just said it but to fight someone with that experience in only your 8th fight and win well is VERY impressive....

My mates Grandad once had 3 pro fights in 5 days, two in one night.

Eubank Jnr looks fairly decent but you can clearly see he lacks power, the cockyness is a way of trying to hide that.

My mates Grandad once had 3 pro fights in 5 days, two in one night.

Eubank Jnr looks fairly decent but you can clearly see he lacks power, the cockyness is a way of trying to hide that.

Maybe i should of phrased it as ' unheard of in the modern era' :D

and i really dont know what to think about his punching power.. I wonder if they are just not training him in techniques concerning increasing his punching power. I think, especially as he hasnt even had 10 fights yet , that they are better off with focussing on his technique and definitely his accuracy too - if you watch his fight again he sure does miss alot... Give him a few more fights then they will bulk him up and then teach him how to plant his feet, ect

Tyson Fury fight was pretty boring. Kevin Johnson looked like he could go 100 rounds without being knocked out but not actually throwing any punches either.

I would absolutely love to see David Price fight Kevin Johnson.. THAT will be the test for me... to see if Price can finish him off ... as no one else has been able to do yet.....

I would absolutely love to see David Price fight Kevin Johnson.. THAT will be the test for me... to see if Price can finish him off ... as no one else has been able to do yet.....

Yeah that's a good match actually, no chance of Pricey being sparked and he'll get some rounds in.