Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

I missed the Pacquiao fight, just found out the results, just incase anyone doesn't know and doesn't want to know right now....

Pacquiao lost! I'm shocked, Marquez is to be respected but didn't think he'd beat Pacquiao, especially in a 6th round KO, Thought the only way Pacquiao would lose would be in a Mayweather fight, Kinda think a Mayweather fight won't happen now

Unfortunately neither do I. It's the fight everyone wants to see though.

No anymore, the fight should have happened after Pacman V Cotto. Pacman is a shodow of his former self now.

Mayweather V Martinez has far more intrige to it.

When is Amir Khan losing?

No doubt the early hours of Sunday morning.

Fights about 4.30am Sunday.

He ain't losing this mind, Molina can't even bang at Lightweight and only just beat a guy who took a licking from Crolla.

Edited by MattP

Another good win for Brian Rose tonight with a decision victory in a hard fought bout with Sam Webb.

Heard it was a good fight, I like Sam, went to his fight with Martin at the Troxy and was very impressed.

Time for Rose to move upto Euro level soon, he's got some talent.

Very nice performance from Groves tonight, dominated against an old but solid Glen Johnson, great experience for him, hopefully fights Arthur Abraham next.

• 4 weeks later...

I just turned on the TV and it happened to be on an interview with Chris Eubank.

A Sky Sports Ringside special.

Age seems to have ebbed away the arrogance and left behind what is a thoughtful, wise, honest, moving and fascinating man to listen to.

He inspired me this morning.

How lucky we were to witness the Benn / Eubank / Watson / Collins era.

I was always and still am a huge Nigel Benn fan, but Eubank went up hugely in my estimations today.

• Like 1

I just turned on the TV and it happened to be on an interview with Chris Eubank.

A Sky Sports Ringside special.

Age seems to have ebbed away the arrogance and left behind what is a thoughtful, wise, honest, moving and fascinating man to listen to.

He inspired me this morning.

How lucky we were to witness the Benn / Eubank / Watson / Collins era.

I was always and still am a huge Nigel Benn fan, but Eubank went up hugely in my estimations today.

*coughs*

Am

American legend Roy Jones Jr says he is in talks to fight the Republic of Ireland's former world champion Steve Collins, 48, in England in April.

Jones, 44, is a former four-weight world champion and is widely regarded as the best boxer of the 1990s.

Collins, the former WBO middleweight and super-middleweight champion, last fought in 1997.

"I've spoken to Steve and I said 'I don't duck or dive nobody', so it's a very big possibility," said Jones.

"I wasn't looking for him but when he said he wanted to fight me I was like, 'OK'. I don't know where the animosity came from but if that's what he wants, he can get it.

"I said 'hey, I'm sorry it didn't happen when it should have happened, it wasn't because of me - but if that's what you want to do, I don't see no problem with it'."

Earlier, Collins, who beat British greats Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank twice each, told TalkSPORT: "It's a fight Roy Jones needs. He claims to be one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters around but he refused to fight me.

"I was very happy with my career, but the one fight I wanted was Roy Jones, and when that didn't happen I retired. He was afraid of me. I don't think he's a coward, but at the time he was."

Collins has 36 wins from 39 professional fights and fought some of the greatest fighters of the day, including Mike McCallum and Sumbu Kalambay.

Jones won world titles at middleweight, super-middleweight, light-heavyweight and heavyweight.

He became the first former middleweight world champion to win a world heavyweight crown in 106 years when he beat John Ruiz in 2003.

However, Jones has shown alarming signs of decline in recent years, losing seven of his last 14 fights having lost only one of his first 50, and that on a disqualification.

But asked if it was perhaps time to retire, Jones responded: "If a guy asks to fight me it's very difficult to say no when I'm still looking and feeling so good and still doing my thing.

"The fans never told me I should start so why should they tell me when to finish? They don't know me more than I know myself, so how can they tell me what I should do?

"I've got nothing left to prove in the sport but I want to win a cruiserweight title before I leave, so I've won every title available from middleweight to heavyweight.

"If I can get the cruiserweight title, I'm done, I'm out of here. If that's the goal I set I, of all people, deserve the right to go for that goal because of all I did for boxing."

• 1 month later...

What a show the Rees Broner fight was. Great stuff from both of them. Bit of showboating which was funny, loved it when Rees was doing it, and a good interview with them both afterwards.

The Bika fight was decent aswell.

Got some new headphones and watched it on sky go on the pc with them on. With good headphones you can really hear the DOOOOSH of the gloves.

Edited by El Empty

Broner could be anything, looks the part now, Got his ass handed to him by Ponce de Leon a couple of years back but would beat him comfortably now. Fair play to Rees as well, fought like a warrior.

I actually gasped watching Price hit the canvas, mouth open for a good minute or two. I checked the odds and you could get 100/1 on a 2nd round knock out, utter shock. Anything can happen in heavyweight boxing.

Fvcking hell. David Price just went down like a right sack of shit. The punch didn't even look that hard. I thought he was the best prospect to come through the heavyweight division for years but jesus. My mum could have got up from that punch. Chinny bastard!!

"The next Lennox Lewis" is all I have heard for the last year, so shocked by this.

I actually gasped watching Price hit the canvas, mouth open for a good minute or two. I checked the odds and you could get 100/1 on a 2nd round knock out, utter shock. Anything can happen in heavyweight boxing.

"The next Lennox Lewis" is all I have heard for the last year, so shocked by this.

I know. Absolutely crazy stuff but there is no way that was a knock out punch. Needs to put some work in on his neck muscles or he is going nowhere.