Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just looked nothing eh. 6ft 8 and that knocks you out? Must have felt much worse than it looked.

I understand the other bloke is a big guy but there is no way that he should have been knocked out by that punch if he ever has ambitions of becoming a world champion. It is a sad that Thompson will probably get another shot at a title now. 15 years ago he would not have even been near the top 10 heavyweights.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Guest BlueBrett

Pathetic from Price. Glad it went the way it did. Don't think I could have taken another ten rounds of his ridiculous feinting.

Anybody know if the Canelo v Trout fight is actually going ahead? Been looking forward to it for a while but I heard Alvarez might be fighting someone else now instead.

Watched the Price KO a few times now. Doesnt look much at all. Someone mentioned that it burst his eardrum, well it must have done to make him wobble like that. Only a clean shot to the chin should bring that sort of effect.

I cant stand to see the Audley headlines. I've backed him before but there's just been too many false dawns. He fought well but there was nobody of any substance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueBrett

If anybody has a link to a full fight replay of Bradley v Provodnikov I'd be very grateful. Was meant to stay up to watch it but dozed off and missed it :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch that?! Bellew won it quite comfortably, probably 3 rounds in it, maybe 2 at a push if you're being kind to Chilemba.

Got called a draw! One judge had Chilemba winning it by 4 rounds!

I'm looking forward to watching Brian Rose take a big step up next weekend fighting for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental title against Joachim Alcine.

The fight will be his 1st since linking up with Matchroom and hopefully a win will set him on his way at this level, but although he's a fighter I really like I'm not sure if he could become world class. I suppose you can't rule it out though until we see how he gets on at European level.

It should be a very good fight and test for Rose as Alcine is much better than anyone he's fought before.

Edited by Leicfox

Looks as though Rendall Munroe will be stepping back in the ring then...

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Leicester-boxer-Rendall-Munroe-shock/story-18686009-detail/story.html#axzz2QEhSRSYA

Hopefully at a heavier weight he will add extra power to his punches, aswell as being more punch resistant. If he can keep his speed up too, there will certainly be a few great opportunities for him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueBrett

Some great fights on tonight. Tyson Fury up against undoubtedly his biggest challenge so far in Steve Cunningham and then it's the BIG one! Alvarez v Trout is sure to be one of the fights of the. Cleverly also has a big fight and Chisora is in with half decent opposition. Looking forward to all of them but really wishing Canelo Trout wasn't on so late.

Guest BlueBrett

Another really good fight night in prospect this evening.

Khan v Diaz, Ogogo's pro debut and Audley v 6ft7 unbeaten knockout artist Deontay Wilder in the UK and then Sergio Martinez (for me undoubtedly a top 5 p4p fighter) against Martin Murray in Buenos Aires.

Really got to hand it to Murray going over to fight the Argentine. Obviously the biggest pay-day of his career but I just hope he doesn't get shown up. He should represent an entirely different proposition for Sergio than the limited but gigantic Chavez did last time out but Marinez looked so impressive that night that it is hard to see Murray doing much more than pinching a couple of rounds.

Guest MattP

Murray has got some balls hasn't he? Would love him to pull it off but he needs a knockout to win with it being in Arg-tine-TINA. Crowd will be off it's tits.

Deontay Wilder is a good dude and I like him, padded record as anything but he clearly has some talent.

Khan's confidence is clearly shot if he's having to rebuild against fighters like this mind.

Guest BlueBrett

Not sure about Deontay. Feel like I'll know a lot more after watching him tonight. The fights I've seen of his so far have been more like exhibitions than boxing matches.

You couldn't be more right about Khan. Looks like Golden Boy have searched high and wide to find a respectable name but one that surely couldn't possibly threaten to knock Khan out. Diaz is a lightweight really and he looks it. I suspect Khan will be the significantly bigger man once they rehydrate for the fight.