Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Hmmm.

Tyson Fury claiming he and Adam Booth have agreed Haye vs Fury in principle?

DAVID HAYE has put the Manchester Arena on standby for his heavyweight clash against Tyson Fury.

Former world champion Haye, 32, is in detailed negotiations with Fury’s camp.

And it is understood the arena has been provisionally booked for September 28.

Haye pulled out of his June 29 comeback fight against Manuel Charr after picking up a hand injury in training.

For the Fury bout to go ahead, Charr will have to be compensated financially as he still has a contract to fight Haye.

When asked if he wants to face Fury, Haye replied: “If my manager and trainer Adam Booth can set this up, I will knock him down.â€

Both fighters could pick up £5million if a pay-per-view deal is struck with Sky

Apparently George Groves has lined up a fight against Carl Froch too, Hope Froch wins thats one.

DeGale fought last night, did ok, wasn't anything spectacular, I hate the lad though, such a twat, hopefully there is a Groves v DeGale rematch and Groves beats him again.

Apparently George Groves has lined up a fight against Carl Froch too, Hope Froch wins thats one.

DeGale fought last night, did ok, wasn't anything spectacular, I hate the lad though, such a twat, hopefully there is a Groves v DeGale rematch and Groves beats him again.

DeGale didnt look great. Eubank Jnr looked a little ropey early on too.

Hughie Fury basically shouldnt have bothered.

DeGale didnt look great. Eubank Jnr looked a little ropey early on too.

Hughie Fury basically shouldnt have bothered.

Didn't see Eubank Jr or Hughie Fury as I didn't even know it was on Channel 5 last night until flicking through the channels, I tuned in towards the end of the 1st round of DeGale.

I quite like Eubank Jr, not sure he'll be anything big in the game and think he's very cocky, I think he could (And probably will) get caught and it'll be his downfall, but must say he is quite entertaining.

Hughie Fury I just feel is there because of his cousin.

Did anyone see the Adonis Stevenson v Chad Dawson fight?

I didn't realise that was on last night either until I saw SSN this morning, good KO.

Apparently Tony Bellew wants to fight Stevenson now, that'd be a good fight I reckon.

Edited by Matt

Didn't see Eubank Jr or Hughie Fury as I didn't even know it was on Channel 5 last night until flicking through the channels, I tuned in towards the end of the 1st round of DeGale.

I quite like Eubank Jr, not sure he'll be anything big in the game and think he's very cocky, I think he could (And probably will) get caught and it'll be his downfall, but must say he is quite entertaining.

Hughie Fury I just feel is there because of his cousin.

Did anyone see the Adonis Stevenson v Chad Dawson fight?

I didn't realise that was on last night either until I saw SSN this morning, good KO.

Apparently Tony Bellew wants to fight Stevenson now, that'd be a good fight I reckon.

Bellew wants to fight everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MattP

So if Tyson Fury is to be believed, he accepted all of Haye's terms for a fight but Haye hasnt signed?

I'm not a fan of Haye but surely he wouldnt duck Fury?

Fury is at it. No doubt.

Haye isn't going to duck a guy who looked all at sea agaisnt Steve Cunningham.

I did NOT like that 4th round by Price.... I am more concerned about his chances of defeating a klitchsko after seeing this fight than I was the last one....

then again Thompson has only lost to a klitschko in the last 35 fights.... so if Price can pull this one out the bag.....

That was pathetic by Price. A new A-Force is born.

I fear you may be correct.

He had him down with a peach of a shot in the 2nd round - something Fraudley had never done to a fighter of that character... but Price then backed off - think he was worried about being caught  with a sucker  punch.... But Thompson beat him fare and square this time... just simply out fought him... Thompson coaxed him into a brawl... if he had stuck to the tactical boxing and stayed behind his jab as he did in the first couple of rounds then it was his for the taking...

Edited by MPH

I fear you may be correct.

He had him down with a peach of a shot in the 2nd round - something Fraudley had never done to a fighter of that character... but Price then backed off - think he was worried about being caught with a sucker punch.... But Thompson beat him fare and square this time... just simply out fought him... Thompson coaxed him into a brawl... if he had stuck to the tactical boxing and stayed behind his jab as he did in the first couple of rounds then it was his for the taking...

The most worrying thing for me is how knackered he looked at the end of the 2nd round. It was as if he'd boxed 11 rounds! The way he sort of turned his back and showed no heart when the ref was giving him his standing count was embarrasing to watch. I've never seen a boxer accept a decision so readily before.

Yeah he knocked A-Force out really quickly. Big deal. I think the only way back is to take some big domestic fights. Problem is, I doubt very much Haye or Fury would bother with him now which just leaves Chisora and I reckon Del would spark him out.

Such a shame as it was looking promising.

Edited by Bettsj2

Guest MattP

No idea what to say about Price, staggering badly fought and the way he gassed after taking a few shots was incredible. No fight in him whatsoever, hard to see where they go from here.

Chisora is a good shout and I'd be struggling to pick a winner out of that one.

Fury Haye is a must go to if it happens, will be absolute chaos with Millwall hooligans and Pikeys going at it.