Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Guest MattP

Where would the fight be held and what's people's predictions on the Haye V Fury fight?

MEN or the 02.

Haye knocks him out within 6.

It would have to be at Wembley arena or the New Den. Either if those would be awesome. Hopefully it'll be on 5 but with Haye I doubt it would be anything other than Sky Box Office.

As for the fight, I reckon Haye would win inside 5 rounds. I hate saying it as I dislike Haye but if there's one thing he can do well, its dismantle average British Heavyweights.

MEN or the 02.

Haye knocks him out within 6.

Meh.

Guest MattP

Never in a million years would they allow it at the den. Was bad enough with Chisora at Upton Park imagine 10, 000 pikeys rolling into Bermondsey.

Anyone see the press conference to haye v fury had me in stitches i dont like fury but he really did get under david's skin normally it's haye taking the piss

Fury comes across like a dickhead trying to embarrass his mate in front of a girl. All he has done is make himself look like more of a tool.

Haye will do him in 6.

Edited by chuck'em

If Haye hasn't got worse then surely he'll KO Fury?

I would think so. Fury doesn't have the defence for Hayes speed and power. I've never been convinced that Fury has the chin to fight a top boxer either. I can only see this going one way.

Guest MattP

Haye should finish him early imo but Fury has a chance purely on his size and fitness. He'll be trying to lean on Haye for 36 minutes.

Problems for Fury are obvious, Haye's going to be throwing fast punches out of a crouch from odd angles and he will get hit. problems for Haye are also obvious, he's much smaller and he will get hit on the way in. What makes this intriguing for me is the stamina issue - it's an overlooked part of Tyson's game.

People think he's fat and unfit, but he's not. He fights at a wicked pace and carries it through to the later rounds. If Haye doesn't KO him within 5 rounds he's in a right heap of shit cause he'll be absolutely knackered.

I thought the same thing with Chisora but Haye handled him pretty well. Of course Fury is much taller which will be an advantage but he's been wobbled by some very average and not particularly tall fighters.

Guest MattP

I thought the same thing with Chisora but Haye handled him pretty well. Of course Fury is much taller which will be an advantage but he's been wobbled by some very average and not particularly tall fighters.

Yeah I still think Haye knocks him out early.

But if Fury gets to 6/7 he starts to become the favourite.

Guest MattP

Tyson Fury has got to be the oldest 24yo I've ever seen.  I thought he was in his 30's. :o

Heavyweight is very boring to watch thesedays.  Super Middleweight is where its at.

LWW :thumbup:

Rios, Alvarado, Mattyse, Maidana, Garcia, classics every month.

Did anyone see the Chisora Malik Scott fight?

If so what did you think of the ending?

Very dodgy count by the ref... Although technically Chisora knocked him out I think Scott mistimed getting up ASWELL as the ref rushing the last second....

Although in Chisora's defence the ref didn't start the count straight away.... and he WAS on top up until the controversy....

• 1 month later...

Sad news about Tommy Morrison last weekend, a bit if a hero of mine when I was a kid. Seemed to have it all. Sad to see how quickly he went into decline after being diagnosed with HIV. There's an interview of him taken in the last couple of years and he is barely recognisable in both his appearance and demeanour. The blokes biggest battles were clearly all outside of the ring. RIP Tommy Gunn.