Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

He shouldnt really have been sparring that close to the fight.

valid point. Although Carl froch spars closer to the fight night than anyone else.

I think if the caliber of sparring Partners mentioned is to be believed then this is the real issue... some right bruisers in there...

He shouldnt really have been sparring that close to the fight.

valid point. Although Carl froch spars closer to the fight night than anyone else.

I think if the caliber of sparring Partners mentioned is to be believed then this is the real issue... some right bruisers in there...

Guest MattP

Khan v Mayweather what a ****ing joke. Just when I thought the sport couldn't become more of a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2441733/Amir-Khan-fight-Floyd-Mayweather-Las-Vegas-year.html

It's actually not that bad a fight for Khan the more I think about it.

Remember Mayweather v Judah? Floyd had all sorts of problems with his speed and that's one thing Khan does actually have. Khan's chin can go against anyone but again Floyd isn't a huge hitter.

I still think Floyd will win fairly comfortably but Khan's handspeed and footwork if he can get back to Maidana type form would cause a few problems, it's certainly not the Round 1 KO mismatch everyone is predicting.

It's actually not that bad a fight for Khan the more I think about it.

Remember Mayweather v Judah? Floyd had all sorts of problems with his speed and that's one thing Khan does actually have. Khan's chin can go against anyone but again Floyd isn't a huge hitter.

I still think Floyd will win fairly comfortably but Khan's handspeed and footwork if he can get back to Maidana type form would cause a few problems, it's certainly not the Round 1 KO mismatch everyone is predicting.

It just annoys me cause if he wasn't British he wouldn't get a look in. If he was a yank with a fairly ordinary career and was 2-2 in his last 4 fights he wouldn't be anywhere near this.

They just know he will bring in British pay-per view money and he's going to lose. That's the only reason Mayweather will fight him.

I remember the days when I used to look forward to boxing fights. Now it's Mayweather using fighters as punching bags and boxing 'experts' (on the TV, Twitter, etc) looking for reasons to make his next opponent look like he might possibly make it an interesting fight. Then when Mayweather schools them they make out like he's amazing. If he'd fought Pacquiao i'd be less annoyed at things like this. It won't be a one round knockout cause Mayweathers too smart for that - unless this is his swansong.

In 20/30 years time Mayweather will be laughing at us saying he handpicked his opponents and we all paid to watch it making him rich - unless you're smart and watch it on boxing guru.

It's why I prefer the UFC now; the best fighters fight each other and can't duck the most dangerous fighters.

Guest MattP

It just annoys me cause if he wasn't British he wouldn't get a look in. If he was a yank with a fairly ordinary career and was 2-2 in his last 4 fights he wouldn't be anywhere near this.

They just know he will bring in British pay-per view money and he's going to lose. That's the only reason Mayweather will fight him.

I remember the days when I used to look forward to boxing fights. Now it's Mayweather using fighters as punching bags and boxing 'experts' (on the TV, Twitter, etc) looking for reasons to make his next opponent look like he might possibly make it an interesting fight. Then when Mayweather schools them they make out like he's amazing. If he'd fought Pacquiao i'd be less annoyed at things like this. It won't be a one round knockout cause Mayweathers too smart for that - unless this is his swansong.

In 20/30 years time Mayweather will be laughing at us saying he handpicked his opponents and we all paid to watch it making him rich - unless you're smart and watch it on boxing guru.

It's why I prefer the UFC now; the best fighters fight each other and can't duck the most dangerous fighters.

Not going to argue too much with that, very correct. Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley could both fight Floyd Mayweather and both would be more deserving of a shot than Khan.

The Pacman v Floyd non fight was the biggest blackeye for boxing that we'll ever see in our lifetime, but Floyd won't take a fight where he isn't a strong favourite since the time he lost to Castillo (and despicably got the decision on the cards).

In 20/30 years he'll be skint still, just watch. Boxers can't help themselves.

Not going to argue too much with that, very correct. Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley could both fight Floyd Mayweather and both would be more deserving of a shot than Khan.

The Pacman v Floyd non fight was the biggest blackeye for boxing that we'll ever see in our lifetime, but Floyd won't take a fight where he isn't a strong favourite since the time he lost to Castillo (and despicably got the decision on the cards).

In 20/30 years he'll be skint still, just watch. Boxers can't help themselves.

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd blown all his money either. When you watch the 24/7's he leads a stupidly extravagant lifestyle with a bunch of hangers-on to massage his ego. But he has made a stupidly extravagant amount of money.

There's a statistic that something like 80% of NFL & 60% NBA players are bankrupt 5 years after their career ends. All to do with the bling bling rapster lifestyle they try to emulate.

I hope Mayweather is bankrupt - I can't stand the bloke (as if it wasn't obvious).

Guest MattP

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd blown all his money either. When you watch the 24/7's he leads a stupidly extravagant lifestyle with a bunch of hangers-on to massage his ego. But he has made a stupidly extravagant amount of money.

There's a statistic that something like 80% of NFL & 60% NBA players are bankrupt 5 years after their career ends. All to do with the bling bling rapster lifestyle they try to emulate.

I hope Mayweather is bankrupt - I can't stand the bloke (as if it wasn't obvious).

You and me both, there are legendary tales about his gambling as well. He posts his bets on Twitter (always after they have won of course) but I heard figures upto £2-3 million being lost on NFL games. The only reason he came back after the Hatton fight was that he needed the money after blowing every penny of it.

If Tyson can lose £300million in the 18 months since he retired I'm sure Floyd can finish off whatever he makes in due course, I dread to think how many lives he is paying for from all these guys riding his dick 24/7.

I think Floyd is the best fighter of our generation. Can't help thinking people always want to look for some reason to knock him. There's always someone else to fight, another weight class to conquer etc.

No doubt when he finally loses someone will claim he was rubbish all along and got "exposed".

Anyone just watch the Scott Quigg fight? Never a draw.

As for Mayweather v Khan well I can't say Khan deserves the fight but atleast I'll enjoy Floyd giving him a lesson doubt I'll pay to watch it though because I'd be very surprised if it lasted any longer than 3 or 4 rounds - that's being generous.

Impressed by Anthony Joshua, Looks very good, not really sure who his opponent was but a very professional and impressive debut.

Edited by Matt

Anyone just watch the Scott Quigg fight? Never a draw.

As for Mayweather v Khan well I can't say Khan deserves the fight but atleast I'll enjoy Floyd giving him a lesson doubt I'll pay to watch it though because I'd be very surprised if it lasted any longer than 3 or 4 rounds - that's being generous.

Impressed by Anthony Joshua, Looks very good, not really sure who his opponent was but a very professional and impressive debut.

As they said,he didn't break sweat. totally outclassed his opponent in the short time it lasted.

If Khan puts in one of his best performances he might just knock this cocky fella out. That's probably more hope than anything.

Enjoyed some of Mayweathers displays (not seen any recent ones) but he was never a massive favourite of mine. Wanted Pacquiao to bosh him years ago.

If Khan puts in one of his best performances he might just knock this cocky fella out. That's probably more hope than anything.

Enjoyed some of Mayweathers displays (not seen any recent ones) but he was never a massive favourite of mine. Wanted Pacquiao to bosh him years ago.

The only chance Khan has of beating Mayweather is if Mayweather doesn't train.

As for Mayweather and Pacquiao - I'm still fuming those two never got a fight sorted even if it ever did happen it's too late now, wouldn't be as good/the same as a few years ago. They could have made so much money from it aswell - Althought I dare say either of them need it, especially Mayweather.

I used to despise Mayweather too mainly because of the build up to the Hatton fight more than anything, but years have gone by and I have seen Mayweather for what he is and he is a great boxer, quite like him now actually, find him quite funny.

Edited by Matt

Guest MattP

Is this fight actually happening? Initially it came out in the papers that it was on in May, then the next day Khans 'matchmaker' said that he'd heard nothing about the fight at all.

Gone quiet. Khan probably offering Alexander step aside money.

Bradley v Marquez Saturday night/Sunday morning will be a fantastic fight, for those people who appreciate good boxing.

Strange how all the talk of Khan v Mayweather has dwindled away, maybe it was nothing more than a cheap attempt from the Khan camp to get himself one last major payday. Khan doesn't have the ability to knock Floyd out, like someone above said the only way Khan would have a chance v Mayweather is if Floyd simply didn't train for the fight.

Bradley v Marquez Saturday night/Sunday morning will be a fantastic fight, for those people who appreciate good boxing.

Strange how all the talk of Khan v Mayweather has dwindled away, maybe it was nothing more than a cheap attempt from the Khan camp to get himself one last major payday. Khan doesn't have the ability to knock Floyd out, like someone above said the only way Khan would have a chance v Mayweather is if Floyd simply didn't train for the fight.

Would love to see Juan win a fifth at that weight, would be an incredible effort.

Lennox Lewis says 100 million and he'll fight again. Why now ?

Quite sure it's bullshit, heard it all before.

It would be huge but a joke.

I'm Lewis biggest fan but he major problems with Vitali when he was 38 let alone 48, fortunately one superb punch kept his legacy in tact.

As for Wladimir well, Haye couldn't cope with his hand speed aged 29 and he's a naturally fast cruiserweight, watching a 48 year old 260 lb Lewis trying to cope with it would be appalling to watch.

Edited by MattP