Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Lost.

Stopped in the 6th.

Unfortunate for Rendall to be stopped really, He didn't help himself by being backed into the corner, he wasn't really fighting back but kept his guard up and wasn't really taking the impact that much, so think he could have gone on.

However he was losing heavily on points imo and doubt he'd have won from what I saw within the 6 round.

Shame but think he should hang the gloves up for good now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably the only man in the World a bit upset it's been signed, really wanted to see Froch v Ward rematch in Vegas.

Fancy Froch to win this time and in more style, wont underestimate Groves, better gameplan behind a jab instead of trying to go into an all out war and then as per usual can completely dominate the later rounds to win on the cards.

It's looking like it will be at a football stadium. Not sure they'd be able to sell Wembley out but shouldn't struggle to fill the Etihad.

Hope not, unless you are ringside stadium fights are awful, crowd is just too far away from the pitch and you can hardly see a thing.

Did anyone see the latest interview on ringside with froch, groves and Eddie Hearn? Groves is definitely under the skin of froch, froch had tears in his eyes and could hardly speak, his head was gone. I hope this next fight is as good as the last, I also hope above all else that both fighters finish the fight with no serious health problems. That interview made me think about all the big shots froch has taken over the years, maybe it's effecting him now. Froch is a great fighter and he comes across as quite a good chap, so I hope he's ok.

Edited by Blanesta

I'm probably the only man in the World a bit upset it's been signed, really wanted to see Froch v Ward rematch in Vegas.

I think a lot of people want that fight, I know I'd love to see it. Groves deserves another shot though. Froch needs to be a better fighter this time round than Groves to deserve a go at Ward after their last meeting.

If Froch wins, he'll end his career with a multi-million pound finale against Ward. If he loses, well then he has probably saved himself a mullering in Vegas.

Edited by stix

As much as I think the lads a cock Groves impressed me (Infact I think everyone), he's a good boxer, very good.

I think Froch (And most people) underestimated Groves.

I think Froch will win much more convincingly this time though. I can see Groves winding himself up (Much like Froch did in the lead up to the last fight.), however Froch has already restored to personal, petty winds up in the way he kept going on about Groves balding hair when the fight was being signed.

As much as I think the lads a cock Groves impressed me (Infact I think everyone), he's a good boxer, very good.

I think Froch (And most people) underestimated Groves.

I think Froch will win much more convincingly this time though. I can see Groves winding himself up (Much like Froch did in the lead up to the last fight.), however Froch has already restored to personal, petty winds up in the way he kept going on about Groves balding hair when the fight was being signed.

He certainly gets under Froch's skin. I've not often seen a boxer so rattled and visibly shaken by another as Froch was before the last fight. Groves backed his talk up as well, did exactly what he said he'd do

I think a lot of people want that fight, I know I'd love to see it. Groves deserves another shot though. Froch needs to be a better fighter this time round than Groves to deserve a go at Ward after their last meeting.

If Froch wins, he'll end his career with a multi-million pound finale against Ward. If he loses, well then he has probably saved himself a mullering in Vegas.

Froch should have faught Ward and ended his career, there's only so much abuse your body can take, a young and hungry Groves will beat him!!

Both fights were pretty awful.

Think i'd prefer to see Hughie Fury fight Chisora.

Quite enjoy the Fury fight.

Bit of a brawl, Fury got caught a couple of times, but it seemed to spur Fury on even more.

I got bored of the Chisora fight and turned it off.

He certainly gets under Froch's skin. I've not often seen a boxer so rattled and visibly shaken by another as Froch was before the last fight. Groves backed his talk up as well, did exactly what he said he'd do

So did Carl Froch, Carl said he was going to win and he did that. 

I can't wait for this fight, I was hooked first time and I already am again. Going to try my hardest to go! 

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Joshua wins within the 1st round (2 minutes, 14 seconds to be precise), again.

Whilst I am hugely excited about his potential and agree with not rushing him he needs to work his way up the ladder I think the lad needs more of a challenge sometime soon.