Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Eddie Hearn wants to look at Kell Brook against Pacquiao or Mayweather instead of Khan.

:unsure: Even though Pacquiao isn't like he used to be think him or Mayweather are a huge step for Brook, think he'd lose to either of those two, fight Khan first - Who he should beat then maybe look at a big payday against Pacman or Mayweather i'd say.

Brook v Kahn would be a big fight making big money anyway, Pacquiao or Mayweather can wait i'd say.

Brook vs Khan in a football stadium (Etihad perhaps?) Would be immense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought Abraham just nicked the fight personally, the judge who had it 119-109 should never be allowed to judge a fight again, pathetic.

Just watched the Artur Beterbiev fight from Saturday night, knocked Cloud over 4 times in only his 6th fight. This lad is a guaranteed World Champion for a long time, smashed up Kovalev in the ams as well.

Seems to be worse in Germany but just like Football and a lot of sports it's basically openly corrupt the world over, nobody to answer to, no real rules so why not is the attitude, seen it in big fights in America as well, it's so blatantly obvious and just not up for debate sometimes but nobody is willing to do anything about it,

Guest MattP

De La Hoya was involved in a few shockers wasn't he? Whittaker and Trinidad can also go on there,

A shoutout to Mayweather v Castillo as well, i've no doubt had Floyd taken that loss and not been so intent on protecting his '0' we would have seen him and Pacman fight by now.

The worst of all time though is easily Roy Jones losing the gold medal match at the 88' Olympics, it might even be on youtube somewehere.

De La Hoya was involved in a few shockers wasn't he? Whittaker and Trinidad can also go on there,

A shoutout to Mayweather v Castillo as well, i've no doubt had Floyd taken that loss and not been so intent on protecting his '0' we would have seen him and Pacman fight by now.

The worst of all time though is easily Roy Jones losing the gold medal match at the 88' Olympics, it might even be on youtube somewehere.

Christ I'd forgotten about that one. The amateur game is possibly worse than the pro game.

I remember going to an ABA event in Nottingham and one guy there were loads of dodgy decisions and money (lots of it!) Changing hands in the bar area.

Like Matt has said I had Abraham, only by a point or two though and I wouldn't of argued if Smith had won the fight, I would of been over the moon in fact, great guy and was very gracious I thought with that stinking decision. How bad the decision is/was, if Smith had knocked Abraham twice in the fight according to that pathetic judge Abraham still would have won the fight by 2 points! Incredible. 

Hopefully Smith can get his rematch in England, at Anfield, now that would be something special. 

I can't believe Eddie Hearn has put Bellew v Cleverley on Box Office, it should be a great fight and build up but it isn't a Box Office fight, especially when this was first mentioned at being on the Kell Brook homecoming card in December. Don't get me wrong this fight has got a fantastic under card but it's not Box Office. 

Like Matt has said I had Abraham, only by a point or two though and I wouldn't of argued if Smith had won the fight, I would of been over the moon in fact, great guy and was very gracious I thought with that stinking decision. How bad the decision is/was, if Smith had knocked Abraham twice in the fight according to that pathetic judge Abraham still would have won the fight by 2 points! Incredible. 

Hopefully Smith can get his rematch in England, at Anfield, now that would be something special. 

I can't believe Eddie Hearn has put Bellew v Cleverley on Box Office, it should be a great fight and build up but it isn't a Box Office fight, especially when this was first mentioned at being on the Kell Brook homecoming card in December. Don't get me wrong this fight has got a fantastic under card but it's not Box Office. 

Totally agree, that's barmy.  Bellew is only moderately popular in one half of Liverpool whilst Cleverley can't sell tickets in Wales.  

I wonder if Hearn is going to arrange some sort of arranged Froch-Groves style dust-up before the fight in order to generate some interest.

Totally agree, that's barmy.  Bellew is only moderately popular in one half of Liverpool whilst Cleverley can't sell tickets in Wales.  

I wonder if Hearn is going to arrange some sort of arranged Froch-Groves style dust-up before the fight in order to generate some interest.

I wouldn't say that really, Bellew is massive in Liverpool, Liverpool fans can put aside Bellew's Everton shite and cheer him on because he is Scouse, just like all the people of Liverpool support David Price and the Smith brothers who are all massive reds. 

Hearn won't have to arrange anything with these pair, they really do hate each other. Problem is, they both aren't that good fighters. 

Wow, stunning!

Joshua is something else, amazing.

He still needs more of a challenge but they're stepping it up slowly and progressing in the right way! He is very exciting!

lol says he's got to go back to the changing room now and do 30 mins pad work as he was scheduled for a 10 rounder and finished it within 2.

If Joshua has a chin he will be something quite special.

Yeah, he took a good punch on Saturday didn't he and just laughed?

But I agree, he needs to take a few punches in one fight, would love to see him in the ring with Price in his next few fights, both will go toe to toe, but I can see Joshua dispatching him pretty quickly. 

Rumour is Eddie Hearn wants Haye v Joshua autumn 2015 in a stadium.