Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Thing that got me about the joshua fight was hearns face after the fight. lol

Joshua is going places. But I swear we seem to heap so much pressure on people that it gets to them and then we berate them after one bad performance. Not aimed at anyone in here of course just hope we let him do his thing and enjoy the ride in the process.

Would like to see him fight that American who beat price twice at some stage though..

Edited by MPH

You can always tell the difference between those that are going to have a really good crack.

Compare hoe good Joshua looks to Harrison. Both won Olympic golds but Joshua just looks in a different league. Granted he's not really boxed anyone yet but I think Hearn is doing the right thing with him. AJ is a beast and I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't be surprised should he become the next British world champion.

Its a difficult one with AJ. As many have said he hasnt actually fought anyone yet. Yes he's looked impressive but so did big Aud in a few of his early fights.

Looking the business and being the business are very different but he does look frighteningly good.

One more fight against a sub-standard opponent and then he should move up in class.

Price, Haye, (Hughie) Fury, Thompson would all be good solid tests that would give us a very goid idea of his capability.

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking night of action the card from Hull looks the best. Coyle v Katsidis could be a class and Campbell really steps up in class.

All Warrens fighters should win, looking forward to seeing Stuart Hall have a go against Cabellero, Randy looked class when I saw him.

17th November is gonna be an awesome night of punching!

Cleverley Bellew is the 22nd mate. 

Card is complete and the order is as well:

Callum Smith v Nikola Sjekloca

Jamie McDonnell v Walberto Ramos (WBA Bantamweight Title)

Scott Quigg v Hidenori Otake (WBA Super-Bantamweight Title)

George Groves v Denis Douglin

James DeGale v Marco Antonio Periban

Anthony Joshua v Michael Sprott

Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew

For only two world title fights that is some card! Credit to Eddie Hearn. 

Cleverley Bellew is the 22nd mate.

Card is complete and the order is as well:

Callum Smith v Nikola Sjekloca

Jamie McDonnell v Walberto Ramos (WBA Bantamweight Title)

Scott Quigg v Hidenori Otake (WBA Super-Bantamweight Title)

George Groves v Denis Douglin

James DeGale v Marco Antonio Periban

Anthony Joshua v Michael Sprott

Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew

For only two world title fights that is some card! Credit to Eddie Hearn.

Yeah, I dunno why I said the 17th? lol

Just watching Ringside now.

Bellew proper hates Cleverley eh?

Not half. Part of me thinks he's a very bitter man as well as the fact that Cleverley has the psychological advantage over Bellew. As much as Bellew will say he hasn't, he has. It was a good watch though.

I think the fight will go the full twelve, both don't seem to be carrying too much power at cruiserweight, good news for Bellew is it's clearly affected Clevs speed at this level.

It's the closest domestic fight I can remember on paper, literally a 50-50 fight that could go either way.

Not impressed this is a PPV card though. It's a good domestic dust up but certainly not worthy of PPV status. Apart from the main event every fight is pretty easy to call.