Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

It almost felt like it was fixed to me

I felt this.

But if it was fixed for the purposes to then have a 3rd fight they didn't do a very good job of selling the idea to the public last night, I can't see a 3rd fight selling out, certainly not the Millenium Stadium.

I didn't like either boxer anyway, neither of them really excite me and couldn't see the fight being that exciting but with all the hype and realising how much they 'hated' each other though it might prove me wrong and be a really good fight, I don't wanna see that again.

I actually fell asleep in rounds 4, 5, 6, 7, got woke up by the commentator raising their voices when the fight actually got going, thank god I got a stream, would have felt robbed if I paid PPV. Mind you I said all along I was more excited by the undercard than the main event.

Edited by Matt

I felt this.

But if it was fixed for the purposes to then have a 3rd fight they didn't do a very good job of selling the idea to the public last night, I can't see a 3rd fight selling out, certainly not the Millenium Stadium.

I didn't like either boxer anyway, neither of them really excite me and couldn't see the fight being that exciting but with all the hype and realising how much they 'hated' each other though it might prove me wrong and be a really good fight, I don't wanna see that again.

I actually fell asleep in rounds 4, 5, 6, 7, got woke up by the commentator raising their voices when the fight actually got going.

It wasnt good at all. Bellew really has no skill or co-ordination with his punches. Just wild throwing. Very dissapointing from Cleverley. If he boxes on it cannot be at Cruiserweight. Huck would demolish either of them.

The Pacman fight was a little dissapointing too. Algieri really didnt look like he belonged in that class and by the end it was just embarrasing for him.

Neither boxer is even remotely close to world class anyway.

Almost had to feel sorry for Scott Quigg and Jamie McDonnell.  Two world title fights, two world class operators, buried in the undercard.

Looks like Groves Vs De Gale 2 is well on it's way which could be epic, but could also be make-or-break for both mens careers.

As for Joshua, where do you guys see him going next?  Price?  Arreola?  Browne?

Pretty poor fight although as a man who loves the old school I thought the last four rounds were great, I'd be amazed if a 3rd fight happened. Clev can't sell out the CIA let alone the millennium stadium.

Had Bellew 117-111, the judge who had Clev in front needs shooting.

Pretty poor fight although as a man who loves the old school I thought the last four rounds were great, I'd be amazed if a 3rd fight happened. Clev can't sell out the CIA let alone the millennium stadium.

Had Bellew 117-111, the judge who had Clev in front needs shooting.

Bellew's face when they said it was a split decision was hilarious.

As for Joshua, where do you guys see him going next?  Price?  Arreola?  Browne?

Price would be foolish to take that fight. If he wants any chance of resurrecting his career he needs to avoid Joshua.

But what really bugs me about british boxing and the commentary team in particular is that anyone who shows even an ounce of talent is built up to be someone huge and amazing and before long they get pushed into fights they simply dont have the experience for. 'We' then drop them like a hot cake and move on to someone else...

I thought Bellew did well, to fight someone just happy to stand there and block isn't the easiest thing to do, Cleverly was the reason that was a shit fight, he didn't want to trade and get KO'd. Absolutely pathetic performance and even more pathetic from the judge who had Cleverly down as winning. 

Glad Bellew won, got to up his game considerably if he is going to get in the ring with Marco Huck. Another thing Bellew is right about is that Bellew is the money man in the division. No chance of a 3rd fight, none whatsoever. Cleverly really needs to consider if Boxing is for him now, got to work his arse off to get back into Light-Heavyweight and then to earn a title shot v Kovalev in a rematch. 

People keep saying Joshua needs testing, he is being tested but he is just too good, Hughie Fury is a joke, he will get KO'd first round n'all. Hughie Fury went to points in an 8 round fight with Danny Hughes last month, not many of you will have heard of Danny Hughes but he is woeful. 

Johnson in January then has to be Price after that and then he has got to be fighting the winner of Fury Chisora after that. 

Groves was below average, the KO v Froch looks to have done him mentally, looks slow and looks weak in the ring. I fear for him v DeGale, saying that right now I fear for him v Dirrell in his World Title fight. Right now DeGale would wipe the floor with Groves. 

When Froch said he would possibly entertain a fight of the winner v DeGale/Groves, I think that is just Eddie Hearn trying to create hype. I would be very surprised if Froch fought one of these two. 

Callum Smith was brilliant! Absolutely love him, followed him from the start and I really think he will be a two weight world champion, think he will win the Super-Middleweight world title maybe next Autumn and then eventually move up to Light-Heavyweight, only 24 and the size of him is incredible. Talk this morning of him fighting Groves next Autumn at Anfield, now that would be amazing. 

Great work from Quigg, needs to fight Frampton. McDonnell wasn't great, think he will lose in Vegas. 

Whos bothering with Saturday night then as I'm debating it.

Certainly not paying for it, on in the pub so will watch it down there.

Looking forward to Saunders v Eubank Jr. don't know a lot about either to be honest and have only seen a handful of their fights, remember hearing about Eubank Jr. in the lead up to Froch v Groves 2, Eubank Jr. sparred with Froch and was a real handful for him, Froch said his power was frightening. 

Real grudge match but sometimes grudge matches lack real quality, as last Saturday told us. 

Couldn't care less about Fury and Chisora, hope they both throw a punch each at the same time and knock each other out. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to Saunders v Eubank Jr. don't know a lot about either to be honest and have only seen a handful of their fights, remember hearing about Eubank Jr. in the lead up to Froch v Groves 2, Eubank Jr. sparred with Froch and was a real handful for him, Froch said his power was frightening. 

Real grudge match but sometimes grudge matches lack real quality, as last Saturday told us. 

Couldn't care less about Fury and Chisora, hope they both throw a punch each at the same time and knock each other out. 

Exactly the same here. Two of the most odious pricks in world sport.

Good watch!