Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Khan should fight Brook. That would be a hell of a fight.

Khan vs Mayweather would be as boring as everyone else vs Mayweather.

Brook said if Khan beats Alexander its on at wembley in the summer.

Mayweather/Pacquiao....Is anyone bothered now?

Ok so there would be an interest but no-where near as much as if it was a few years ago, nothing has been announced or anything but it looks like it could be happening, I'm just disappointed it's took this long.

Mayweather/Pacquiao....Is anyone bothered now?

Ok so there would be an interest but no-where near as much as if it was a few years ago, nothing has been announced or anything but it looks like it could be happening, I'm just disappointed it's took this long.

It wont happen. Some other excuse will come out. If they were going to fight it would have happened by now. Mayweather doesnt want the risk to his legacy and Pacquiao can make more money fighting average opponents in China.

For all they talk about it, I doubt either man really wants to do it.

Professional performance from Khan there. Probably earned his shot against Big Mouth Floyd.

As some have said already here, Mayweather-Pacquiao would have been an awesome spectacle a few years ago, but not so much now. They've both been too afraid of each other to sort something out - Floys in particular would know that Pac would be the greatest threat he's had to his unblemished record.

Khan-Mayweather in Vegas next May? Can't see it being in London.

Be amazed if it ever happened, as Betts said no way does Mayweather risk his zero and Pacman seems happy beating up tomato cans in Macau.

It should have happened in 2009 when Mayweather decided to 'retire from boxing' rather than face the one man on the planet who might beat him.

Good performance from Khan, Alexander is a finished fighter but he still had to be beat.

Think Khan will either go to Brook or a Maidana rematch now.

Got to be Brook.

They've been mouthing off about each other for ages and Khan's 'speak to me when he's got a belt' comment means he has to fight him to maintain credibility.

Be amazed if it ever happened, as Betts said no way does Mayweather risk his zero and Pacman seems happy beating up tomato cans in Macau.

It should have happened in 2009 when Mayweather decided to 'retire from boxing' rather than face the one man on the planet who might beat him.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Khan-Mayweather dustup at some point even though we all know Floyd will walk it on UD. Perhaps if Khan beats Brook he'd amass enough interest.

Really impressed with khan last night. Totally controlled a VERY tricky fighter. A poor man's Mayweather. He's earn his shot against Floyd, who I still believe will have a trick or two up his sleeve to take the points win it's just now I think it will be by 2-3 rounds rather than the landslide win I thought a few months ago. .

In fairness brock could be a banaskin for khan. If he takes that fight he'll probably lose his chance to fight Floyd who won't be around for ever.

I'd hang on in hope for Mayweather if I was khan. I'd love to see him fight brock but he doesn't have anything to gain by it. He's had titles and he's probably after the big fish now. No offense to brock..

I honestly think Khan is the only fighter around who can seriously trouble Mayweather. Speed, accuracy and finally, it seems, a tight defense. Something Mayweather has always struggled with.

Maybe, but how many fighters have people said that about in the last 10years, time and time again mayweather produces, personally I think pac would cause more trouble then Khan

Real classy boxing from Khan last night. Contrary to what Brook said I think Khan deserves the Mayweather fight, would love to see him win that one. He's put in some outstanding performances and has worked hard over the years (got the Maidana fight on dvd bostin' match).

I think Pacman would have beat Mayweather back in 2009 - he was magic back then, unbelievable to watch. I remember Freddie Roach saying that he offered to do the blood test thing right after the fight but Mayweather's team were insisting on tests before the fight. Sounded like they were the ones who didn't want it from what I remember.

Shocking what happened to young Crolla, by all accounts one of the nicest guys you could want to meet!

Nice to see Andy Lee becoming a champ on the same night as the Khan fight....for me Khan has the speed to trouble Mayweather and Floyd fancies his chances are now better against the Pac man, a fight which now just doesn't have the same appeal as it used to.

If Khan goes down the Brook route I think he handles that comfortably even though Kell proved he is at world level after the Porter fight.

Is the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight ever going to be sorted? I sort of got bored of hearing about the two of them, although they are both great fighters. It seems to be being talked about a lot more again now though - is it sorted? Close? 

I believe it is a lot closer than it has been mainly down to both running out of possible legit opponents and frankly I think Floyd now thinks he has more of a chance of the win against an ageing Pacquiao than maybe a quicker fighter like Khan.

Again it will come down to money and who get's the majority of it but both this time have been very vocal publically about getting it on in May 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is a lot closer than it has been mainly down to both running out of possible legit opponents and frankly I think Floyd now thinks he has more of a chance of the win against an ageing Pacquiao than maybe a quicker fighter like Khan.

Again it will come down to money and who get's the majority of it but both this time have been very vocal publically about getting it on in May 2015

Manny has lost 7 fights. I dont get how some people can even give him a realistic chance of beating Mayweather

Manny has lost 7 fights. I dont get how some people can even give him a realistic chance of beating Mayweather

At this stage I have to agree, for me the only way Manny could win is if Mayweather get's dragged into a toe to toe war but he is way to clever for that. I would fancy Floyd massively with a big points decision!

Its a shame because it could have been massively different if they had fought around 07-08 but Mayweather didn't fancy it at all back then.