Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Manny has lost 7 fights. I dont get how some people can even give him a realistic chance of beating Mayweather

Mayweather has been intelligent and avoided danger in his career. Carlos Hernandez could have stopped him if he had a bit more about him and no rematch awarded. De La Hoya arguably did beat him losing only by split decision and again, no rematch.

There is no doubting Mayweather and his ability, but Manny is possibly the only fighter in the last 10 years that people think Mayweather cannot beat so therefore will never fight.

I think it would be closer than you think and impossible to call really. If they both fought at the peak of their ability, I couldn't seperate them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mayweather has been intelligent and avoided danger in his career. Carlos Hernandez could have stopped him if he had a bit more about him and no rematch awarded. De La Hoya arguably did beat him losing only by split decision and again, no rematch.

There is no doubting Mayweather and his ability, but Manny is possibly the only fighter in the last 10 years that people think Mayweather cannot beat so therefore will never fight.

I think it would be closer than you think and impossible to call really. If they both fought at the peak of their ability, I couldn't seperate them.

Castillo did beat him, somehow Mayweather got all three judges to go his way despite both TV channels watching it going Castllio by 3 and 6 rounds. :blink: I remember the shock when it was announced. Spot on about Mayweather, he is the best, but he won't take a risk of losing that zero.

Big heavyweight fight on Saturday, Wilder finally ready for his shot at a World title. Someone is hitting the canvas hard in that one and not getting back up.

I do think Mayweather is genuinely the best P4P boxer during my lifetime but at this point in his career, someone will probably beat him if he decides to keep fighting. He's not as fast or mobile as he was when younger. Boxing is a money game and I don't think Floyd really cares about "legacy" at this point it's just about making money. He's supposed to be the best paid sportsman in the world and if he can eek that out a few more years he probably will.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The clip near the start is the funniest thing that's ever been on Channel 5. Interviewer stops him once, then says 'go on one more' cos his boss is probably shouting in his earpiece 'let him crack on this is gold', then he has to stop him again lol Character and a half.

The clip near the start is the funniest thing that's ever been on Channel 5. Interviewer stops him once, then says 'go on one more' cos his boss is probably shouting in his earpiece 'let him crack on this is gold', then he has to stop him again lol Character and a half.

"YOU ARE GETTING IT"!!!!!!! lol lol lol brilliant that clip is

This is the funniest thing any sportsman has ever done

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

People have no right to suggest mayweather cannot beat manny. If they were to say it would be a close fight and manny should come out on top then that's one thing but to say mayweather cannot win is simply wrong.

The fight will of course now happen. So they will fight....

I so desperately want manny to win as I have never liked mayweather the man....

People have no right to suggest mayweather cannot beat manny. If they were to say it would be a close fight and manny should come out on top then that's one thing but to say mayweather cannot win is simply wrong.

The fight will of course now happen. So they will fight....

I so desperately want manny to win as I have never liked mayweather the man....

Being half Filipino myself i'd love Manny to win. I'm amazed the fights happening and cant help but think it might be some sort of money driven fix which will see both end their careers.

Manny wins first fight on a split, Mayweather the 2nd on a split then in the trilogy a draw. Both earn multi millions more, Manny goes into policitcs full time and becomes President of the Phillipines and Flloyd goes down as one of the greatest of all time.

They both need to live up to the hype of the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's the bloke in the American Football gear? 'Mr Sunglasses/Mr Hat'

mayweather will win on points and he's got one more fight to fulfil with showtime and I really hope its amir Khan. I really do believe he would struggle against someone of khans quality. I wish Khan took the brook fight to shut him up but I think Khan playing it clever fighting in the states keeping his name up.