Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just got in, had a good night, tired now.

Gotta say I thought it was abit underwhelming. After all the years of waiting for it and it failed to deliver for me. It was an ok fight but wasn't the blockbuster fight it was being made up to be - Although most things that are hyped up usually fail to deliver.

Don't really know how Pacquiao can say he thought he'd won or thought he was winning, he was never winning at any point, I had him down drawing level a couple of times up until the 6th round then it was Mayweather all the way.

Mayweather reckons he's fighting 1 more time in September and calling it a day. I've never wanted Mayweather to win - I've always respected him and admired what he's done but never wanted him to win - I hope he faces Amir Khan in his last fight and I will want Mayweather to win that fight - Imo they're not in the same league but c'mon Amir if you think you can take him on then show the world...you'll get battered!

Apparently this was the dullest thing ever. Exactly why I don't like boxing, 12 rounds of trying to avoid one another. Who watches this shit for free, let alone ppv?

It was $100 to watch it in the States!

The fight was just OK.

Manny didn't do enough but I didn't see the gap as big as the judges scored it.

Thought the same.

Didnt think either did enough to win it by any kind of margin.

When a fight is that big and that hyped, its so hard to accept that it can go that way.

Yes, Mayweather is a master of that strategy and on stats, the victory is deserved but he's done exactly what he did with Mosely and what he did with De LaHoya, avoid them to the point when he knows their greatest strengths have diminished as his style us pretty timeless.

Manny didnt come anywhere near winning and he's being churlish to suggest he thought otherwise but those scores were so wide. Up to 6 it was even and after that, so many rounds were borderline.

Ah well. There literally is nothing more to be excited about in boxing!

• Like 1

So there is pretty much nothing left in boxing now apart from wanting to see someone knock Tyson Fury out cold. There aren't really any personalities left in the sport either. And after that fight it's hardly going to pull in crowds. Dull sport these days.

I almost missed the fight as I was cleaning up vomit from that rendition of the national anthem.

Why can no American just sing the feckin' thing without the warbling and falsetto rubbish?

Same before the Superbowl.

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox
  • Like 1

I almost missed the fight as I was cleaning up vomit from that rendition of the national anthem.

Why can no American just sing the feckin' thing without the warbling and falsetto rubbish?

Same before the Superbowl.

Jamie Foxx absolutely murdered the American national anthem. Just sing it normal FFS lol

Mayweather was boring but clever, just knew Pacquiao wasn't gonna win when Mayweather just shook his head at those flurry of punches.

The most anticipated fight in boxing history, probably wouldn't even make the top 10 of best fights of all time, people will forget about this within a year.

I'd like to hear what Carl Froch is saying, but it's tough to make it out because Mayweather's c0ck is so deep in his mouth. 

I had to switch streams to the american one and their commentary style helped me realise how much the Sky Box Office lads were so far rammed up Mayweather's arse.

• Like 1

Mayweather threw and landed more punches, yet he was boring. What exactly did people want to see?

That's the point. Boxing is dull and even people who know nothing about it could see the outcome from a mile off.

Both looked well past their best to be honest.

Pacquiao threw less punches than Mayweather so I don't see what his plan was, to outbox Mayweather by being more accurate? He needed to be the aggressor, not just follow Mayweather around the ring.

Khan - Mayweather would be a better fight. Khan's speed and workrate would give Floyd problems, and Khan's awful punch resistance would make the chance of a KO much higher. Not sure what result I'd want though.

I'd like to hear what Carl Froch is saying, but it's tough to make it out because Mayweather's c0ck is so deep in his mouth. 

Now now, sure he favoured Mayweather before the fight but I didn't disagree with a single word he said regarding the fight itself.

As expected it really wasn't easy on the eye but it was total control from Mayweather.  His legacy as one of the greatest of all time is now left in no doubt.

Alot of people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty special. There was some outstanding ability on display. Manny had some moments where he definitely hurt Floyd, but just couldn't follow them up with another power flurry because of how good Floyd is at dodging punches. He was also probably a bit wary of flying in because some of the counter shots looked dangerous and hurtful.

Floyd was much stronger and powerful than I remembered.

Would like to see a rematch for Floyd's last fight, or a fight against Khan.

I don't know how people can say boxing is dull. I don't watch too much nowadays but have seen some tremendous displays in recent years. The two fights before the main event were decent. Skills galore on display and Lomachenko and Santa Cruz's next fights should be special. I was laughing at Lomachenko's skill a few times, great entertainment.